Left 4 Dead and Payday: The Heist crossover in the works

ríomhaire

Staff member
Reaction score
Overkill Software have announced a new project with Valve, combining their cops 'n' robbers co-op game with Valve's own co-op zombie shooter:​

As perceptive gamers will have noticed, several hints have recently been dropped into PAYDAY The Heist, which has led to various rumors. We are excited to be able to confirm that an in-depth collaboration between OVERKILL and Valve is currently in production.

We are working on a very cool blend of PAYDAY and Left 4 Dead. I am sure it is so exciting that it will have some players check into the hospital before we are done.

[box=left] pay4dead.png
Our artist's impression of the crossover.[/box]
The crossover began as nods to the Left 4 Dead universe were added in a patch for Payday, such as a pile of Left 4 Dead-style medkits. Payday players quickly noticed the changes. We don't have any further details on what this "blend" of the games will be, but we'll keep you updated as details emerge.

You can buy PAYDAY: They Heist from Steam here and read the original blog post here.

literally have no idea what is going on here

previous hints? the heist? need to get better at my steam news, i guess

Payday is Left 4 Dead-esque in that you are one of 4 players, co-operatively facing near-endless hordes of enemies. The difference is that you're robbing banks and facing armed police.
Unfortunately, Payday was let down by being a bit...weak. Maybe a collaboration with Valve will improve things somewhat.

I've been wanting to purchase this game, and if integration with or additional content from the Valve universe is going to happen, then I'll definitely purchase it.

It looked like such an awesome concept/idea. This just leaves me to imagine what the hell they're going to do with bank robberies and zombies. :D

Back