Left 4 Dead single-player in need of patches.

Gargantou

Companion Cube
Reaction score
Playing single-player on Expert is like 4x as difficult as in multiplayer.

Reason? AI can't use nades or molotovs, nor miniguns, yet the player can only carry ONE molotov.

The solution is obvious, either add the AI for using nades and molotovs+miniguns, or make it so in single-player, the player can carry a total of 4 nades/molotovs, thus negating the fact that the AI can't use them.

I know this is a long shot but I really hope there are some devs that read these forums and see this topic.

Sometimes I get so sick of the average IQ of public gamers on L4D, but when I try to win in Expert on single-player it is not nearly-impossible, it IS impossible, because AI can't use nades/molotovs and I can only carry one.

umm do you not realize how tactical nade throwing is? how do you expect valve to program the AI to know when to throw it? heck even css bots dont even throw nade afaik.

umm do you not realize how tactical nade throwing is? how do you expect valve to program the AI to know when to throw it? heck even css bots dont even throw nade afaik.
Hence why I said, or raise the carry amount for nade-types to 4 in single-player, to negate the AIs lack of ability to use it.

i would settle for AI being able to carry pipe-bombs or molotovs, and me being able to request it off them or have them give it to me much the same way they give pills. what i really want though is for the bots to keep going if i die and rescue me from a closet rather than that being a game over scenario, i think thats the biggest pain in the ass compared to multiplayer.

A simpler solution is to give the option of giving away molotovs and pipes the same way you do pills. That way the bots can just give you one every time you use the one your holding.

A simpler solution is to give the option of giving away molotovs and pipes the same way you do pills. That way the bots can just give you one every time you use the one your holding.
Indeed, makes more sense too, why can we give pills and heal others, but not share our nades/molotovs?

Anyone know if this idea has been voiced a lot at the official forums?

I understand what you're saying, but I think you're really exaggerating with "It IS impossible." I've gotten through Death Toll and stuff with bots on Expert. Real problems only emerge on Finales, in my experiences. Now THAT'S when things really start to hit the fan.

Back