Left 4 Dead Wins Best PC & Multiplayer Game of the Year

Spike's awards are almost as meaningless as G4TV's but congrats to our benefactors nevertheless! I expect this is only the beginning of GOTY awards for L4D, despite strong competition.

Awesome job Valve! :D

I'm hoping somewhere L4D can get a best shooter award. That would be cool.

im actually quite impressed by the VGA's this year.. it wasnt a complete populartiy contest like it almost always is.

last one i watched was just full of GTA wanna be games ( saints row, mafia, gta its self, and a few others :p ) it was retarded, not one game deserved the said title got nominated let alone the reward..

this year it looks like some games that deserve the acknowledgement actually got it.

I seem to have missed that. The one show I have wanted to watch since I got to the Americas. Guess I may as well move back to the third world.

Anyways, was Jack Black any good or was he doing that thing where he pretends not to know what is funny. And who accepted the award (if anyone).

Good to know anyways, thanks DigiQ8. You are always ahead of the pack with the updates. I like that.

Well deserved. First of many, I hope.

I wouldn't say PC game of the year, Fallout 3 is more deserving of that IMO, but L4D is definitely the MP game of the year.

Congrats Valve!

Wonder if they can fit the trophy in their cabinet.

I wouldn't say PC game of the year, Fallout 3 is more deserving of that IMO, but L4D is definitely the MP game of the year.

Congrats Valve!

Are you kidding me

Fallout 3 ****ing sucks and I want everyone here to acknowledge that fact.

Are you kidding me

Fallout 3 ****ing sucks and I want everyone here to acknowledge that fact.

Fallout 3 is... amazing. Im not one to jump the hype train as i think COD4 was extremely generic and unoriginal. but this year, fallout 3 wasn't a dissapointment, and deserved its attention. I can't say its BETTER than L4d, but i think its more worthy of GOTY because it has more to offer and is closer to a full-length feature game than L4D. They are both the 2 best games this year fo sho.

Congrats Valve!

Agreed. L4D is a MP game, so it should not be compared to single player games as Fallout 3. It's the best MP game in town, but definitely *not* game of the year.

Back