Legacy of Kain Series

Reaction score
A friend keeps telling me about the Legacy of Kain series is. So I decided to look into it, I found out all of the games are for the PC. Downloaded a trailer for one of them and was amazed. The games look awesome. What do you guys think of the series? Im thinking about buying the first one soon. Does anyone know a good place to maybe buy them all (or some) in a pack for cheap?

I'd have to say Futureshop, dunno if you can buy all of them in a pack though.

The series is absolutely fantastic. I've played Soul reaver 1, soul reaver 2 and legacy of kain defiance (the sequel to sr2) and they are awesome. The gameplay is pretty generic but the story, voice acting and dialogue propels it way above any other game i've ever played. The environmental artwork is amazing the world is so rich and atmospheric.

The games are awesome.

The original Blood Omen is classic. The first two Soul Reaver titles are best played together, because it's like they cut the game in half and distributed it in two parts. Blood Omen 2 sucks. The latest entry into the franchise was "meh" IMO.

i think it's the second one, callled defiance (or something), it's pretty good.

I tried to download a demo of one of the games but it didn't work very well. The screen turned purple. I saw videos of it and it interests me. How does the combat system work?

In my opinion I'm glad this game series is gone. hopefully they don't make any more. But I don't like these kinds of games =/

I had the first couple games. started on PS1, then went to dreamcast, then I think it came out for PS2.

It's like they use name recognition to sell, instead of making an interesting game. Not a far cry from what Devil May Cry 2 was. bleh:x

Yeah, these are good. I liked them, especially Soul reaver - Soul reaver 2 was a slight let down though. I never played Blood omen 2 or Defiance mind.

Just looked on Amazon and theres a Soul Reaver 1 and 2 pack coming out on 5th December.

The first one was Blood Omen wasn't it, but I wouldn't bother with that nowadays.

Get Soul Reaver, that was great when it first game out for the PS2.

Shadow-warrior said:
Just looked on Amazon and theres a Soul Reaver 1 and 2 pack coming out on 5th December.

I dont see it can you link me?

I found soul reaver in a bargain bin at the mall. I installed it, watched the intro video, but when i get to the in-game video the sound is all nasty. The dialog stops about every five seconds and then starts back up, the music does the same. Im using Windows XP PRO, I heard it has a problem with xp but I cant find any fixes for the game. Help?

talk about a series that went down hill.. dont buy anything after soul reaver II.. the whole eidos / crystal dynamics things >< kind of screwed all their games up

Back