Let's print a new video card!

Iced_Eagle

Tank
Reaction score
http://www.sciencentral.com/articles/view.php3?type=article&article_id=218392649

These have been around for a while, but I didn't know they figured out getting basic electronics done :) I thought they were still at the "only plastic" stage!

Once we get transistors being able to be printed, hopefully that means good news bears for us :D Just imagine, you no longer pay for the actual video card... You pay for the design and then simply print it off yourself! Only problem is, is that now these are "bendable" electronic boards, so they might have to think of new ways of getting these things to connect and interact like a normal computer will... Or they might have a way to maintain the "hard" electronic boards out there today.

Anyways this is damn cool stuff :) I'm glad I found this via Digg :D

they've been "printing" a lot of stuff for awhile now.

AHAHAHHAHAH!!!!

"This material is made possible by the IEEE corporation".

ROFLMFAO

That's....awesome! Can't wait to see how this stuff shapes up! It's had a year to continue, wonder where they are now.

Hazar said:
they've been "printing" a lot of stuff for awhile now.

But they haven't been making circuits a year ago IIRC... I know they've been "printing" objects for a while now using plastics and such, but like I said, this isn't about the plastics at all... This is how they are now printing circuits and that they are very close to getting full-blown electronics componenets.

The article is really an update to people telling everyone the advances in "printing objects". I'm sure you haven't seen this article before cause it was released two days ago!

Back