Limbs and Gibs

KiNG

Reaction score
i saw a post on this is models section but it didnt answer any questions...
will hl2 support blowing off limbs?

oh and i hope there are no gibbings which im sure there anrt...:thumbs:

Edit: is there anything besides the cutting of the zombies in half to point this out?

the only good gibs ive ever see in a game was quakes gibs.. they rocked :)
big bloddy chunks, and not those small bits and peices other games have :p

I actually kinda' like the gibs in Half-life. Sure, they're not realistic, but its fun to watch them bounce off the walls, leaving bloody stains as they go 'a bouncin'. There's nothing more fun then designing a room full of scientists in worldcraft/hammer and then reducing them to stains on the walls with the 'ol Guass.

Man I'm evil.:cheese:

i think i saw stains on the wall when the swinging thing o pipes came down to wack those guys after he shot at it. look at the wall where they got slammed into. i agree the stians ae satisfying but i hate gibs...except in quake 2 an only because its classic =D

Yes unfortunately the stains appear on the wall long before the body hits it in that sequence. I'm sure it's just a minor timing thing that will get worked out before release (there's a few similar problems in that vid).

I like the UT2k3 gibs.... The HL gibs are nice 2 but nothing beats UT 2k3..

calm wut else did u notice besides that i wanna see if i noticed it too...just for fuks sakes and cause im bored:cheers:

I'll trade gibs any day for the ability to decapitate, like in the SOF series, and in GTA3 and Vice City :devil:

poor lag all alone in sweden, i want stunned animations for combine soldiers whos arms/limbs i blow off...like the animation of disbelief....that would be awsomely real...but he would be dying at the same time..a quick death disbleif animation would be tight i hate death animations that drag out the time, or it would be cool if we could disrupt the animation if it was long by shootin him and he would just fall/fly like the ragdoll physics allow...im a genious:dozey:

well i think theres more swedes here then it looks like KiNG :)
most swedes try to talk english and blend in..
after all sweden is the country with most computers/broadband connections per capita in the world (at least it was last time i checked) so they tend to pop up everywhere in forums and such :)

and how large is your contry compared to the all powerful nation of the united states?

not very big.. but dont get started with the usa vs the world discussions.. you dont wanna go there :)

is this an american site?
i dont hold anything agaisnt you sweds but ill take ya down if i have to
:sniper: :imu: har har haw

Originally posted by Mackan
not very big.. but dont get started with the usa vs the world discussions.. you dont wanna go there :)

ehmm.... THATS RIGHT

if i were president i would try for world domination...lord knows we could or atleast come close...fear the ignorant americans:afro:

well i thought this was an international site?.. or do you only want americans to come here, or what do you mean? :)

He Japan is the greatest country in the woorld *moohahahahaa*

hey King:

There were a few other timing things, the fact that the wood broke just before the crowbar hit it was the biggest thing. I've seen this before in other games. For example in Nascar 4 the cars deform just before they actually collide (it's very noticable in slo-mo).

Sushi:

I'm Canadian as well...and no we don't want to get started on the whole US politics thing!

lol dont hold me responsible for my countries actions...

i think this thread got a lil off topic..:eek:

roger that gooch (my nick is flakes on quakenet.. my cs-nick :))

and KiNG you started it, its your fault! ;)

im swedish...and KiNG if we go back a few hundred years sweden was way more powerfull than USA...USA is just big and powerfull now becuse everyone wanna live there...but everyone seem to be so stupid and fat over there..just watch Jay Leno..haha im only kidding...nuff about the USA talk now

Originally posted by h00dlum
im swedish...and KiNG if we go back a few hundred years sweden was way more powerfull than USA...

yeah KARL XII

Originally posted by Simon Freeman
yeah KARL XII

He was prolly gay :p

and im swedish to :dork:

Anyway...

...love the dark color of the hl2 blood :bonce:

I would not like to see "gibbing". But a new, realistic system, where limbs can be blown off, etc.

What would be cooler, and might hopefully be implemented (looking at the Zombie who walks using his hands when his legs get blown off) would be that humans (and aliens) can lose limbs, but still be alive.

Ie. A grenade goes off near a Combine Solider, his arm blows off. He clutches it to stop the bleeding and stops pursuing you, letting his comrades take you on while he goes behind the scene to recover/escape.

What would be even cooler is that they react realistically to bullets.

Ie. you shoot him in his firing hand, he either switches hands or gives up and attempts hand to hand combat.

Or they can drop their weapons, depending on the circumstances (maybe you shoot his upper arm and the gun is too much strain to hold up, if it's not on a strap it could fall to the floor.

Would be very good indeed if these features were implemented in to HL2.

Although im not a gore-freak, I did like the way Solider of Fortune pulled it off. A system like that (maybe toned down a bit) in HL2 would be very cool indeed.

Originally posted by chili pepper
you can blow body parts off the HL2 zombies and they still come after you.

Yeah, said that. :p

I don't want to see too much gore. If there is any, it should be limited to the creatures not extended to the human characters. It becomes a gross-out gimmick after awhile that doesn't add anything to the game. The HL games aren't about gimmicks.

i agree that some gore should be in but it should be realisticly brought in...not where u shoot some guys head off and a gallon of blood sprays everywhere, i still want my surprised animaitons in :cool:

Gibs? Some gibs are good... but not a lot. It just depends upon the situation that gibs would be appropriate... but they should be less distinctly what they're intended to be. But I'd also love lopping off whole limbs. That would be fun... and as mentioned previously, it would be extreeeeeeemely, sadistically entertaining to beat enemies senseless with their own arms or legs...

"OW! I was wearing steel-tip boots with shanks!!!"

Anyhoo, about the America-bashing... I think most of us Americans deserve a good tongue-lashing... especially Rumsfeld and Ashcroft. Buuuut... the American public is mostly a bunch of flag-waving sheep who would give up their civil rights instantly if it meant being "safe." (I believe that Bush is pretty much just a puppet in our beloved Secretary of War and Secretary of Truth's hands... and that's somewhat ignoring Bush's neo-fascist, we're-fascinated-with-death-and-destruction roots in his Yale " fraternity..." and don't mind the 1984 references. Tee-hee.) So thus, they'd graciously tolerate these lovely attempts Constitution-negation called the Homeland Security Act and the PATRIOT Act. (now is that double-think, or is it just me? And again, excuse the 1984 refs, but this stuff is just so uncannily related. o.o' )

But then again, what do I know? I love the Constitution more than the flag and enjoy liberty more than life. I guess I should waltz right back to France where all the hippies belong.... </sarcasm>

YES, I AM American. And I'm kinda ashamed of it, right now.

#Off Topic

You dont have to be ashamed, for the "failors" politiciens make. I am from Austria, and you maybe know that a politicien from a rightwinged party nearly became cancelor and in this case i would also have been ashamed beeing an Austrian. ( i Know thats not a proper comparison ). All i want to say that shit happens everywhere in politics, and that in general the inhabitants are not responible for this shit.

Furtheremore i want to add that most people are afraid of Mr. Bush's politics because they dont know what he plans and is going to do in future. Moreover nobody believes that he does that all for the savety of the united states. Some think he is unpredictable.

#Topic

I think shooting off someones limbs isnot very realistic except you have a very powerful gun or whatever. Concernig explosions. As you can see in the video where barny and the resistance are fighting against the combine, the granade Gordon throws at the two combine soldiers does not make them lose their limbs or something like that.

PS: Sorry for my bad speeling and expressions, but in the moment i have other things to concentrate on, than improving my english.

/me slaps min...

i hate those lil fukers that stand with pickets in the street sayin stop the war bullshit and all the people that say im ashamed of my country, who te fuk cares wut u tree hugin hippies want now i sound very arrogant right now and im very aware of it but u guys are makin a big deal out of some things and not a big enough deal about others, maybe saddam ddnt have nukes maybe he did and hid em, he needed to be removed form power and if u say we should let them run their country as they want then u didnt know the whole story and im sure i didnt either anyway i hink iv been your typical american ass so im gonna stop for right now, until some french ass starts burnin an american flag
btw im a Marine

Whee... I think I hit a nerve, there. o.o'

But here's something I think you'd find interesting:

Excerpt from a speech delivered in 1933, by Major General Smedley Butler, USMC.
War is just a racket. A racket is best described, I believe, as something that is not what it seems to the majority of people. Only a small inside group knows what it is about. It is conducted for the benefit of the very few at the expense of the masses.

I believe in adequate defense at the coastline and nothing else. If a nation comes over here to fight, then we'll fight. The trouble with America is that when the dollar only earns 6 percent over here, then it gets restless and goes overseas to get 100 percent. Then the flag follows the dollar and the soldiers follow the flag.

I wouldn't go to war again as I have done to protect some lousy investment of the bankers. There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.

There isn't a trick in the racketeering bag that the military gang is blind to. It has its "finger men" to point out enemies, its "muscle men" to destroy enemies, its "brain men" to plan war preparations, and a "Big Boss" Super-Nationalistic-Capitalism.

It may seem odd for me, a military man to adopt such a comparison. Truthfulness compels me to. I spent thirty- three years and four months in active military service as a member of this country's most agile military force, the Marine Corps. I served in all commissioned ranks from Second Lieutenant to Major-General. And during that period, I spent most of my time being a high class muscle- man for Big Business, for Wall Street and for the Bankers. In short, I was a racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of it. Like all the members of the military profession, I never had a thought of my own until I left the service. My mental faculties remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.

I helped make Mexico, especially Tampico, safe for American oil interests in 1914. I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place for the National City Bank boys to collect revenues in. I helped in the raping of half a dozen Central American republics for the benefits of Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers in 1909-1912 (where have I heard that name before?). I brought light to the Dominican Republic for American sugar interests in 1916. In China I helped to see to it that Standard Oil went its way unmolested.

During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a swell racket. Looking back on it, I feel that I could have given Al Capone a few hints. The best he could do was to operate his racket in three districts. I operated on three continents.
And yes, even though the vast majority of us Americans hate to admit it, a lot of the danger to our nation comes from right inside it... in the most powerful positions. There are sooooo many reasons why the bipartisan and campaign finance systems should be scrapped and banned... it just gets the rich white guys in office and their buddies whispering instructions and advice on the sidelines who don't necessarily have the brains or intuition to do the job right. (especially when it comes to doing what's right for THE PUBLIC.) But granted human nature, that won't happen any time soon... *sighs*

And face it, this little escapade dubbed "the War on Terror" definitely wasn't wholly about giving Saddam and Osama a grenade shoved down their pants or freeing those poor Iraqi civilians. Or even democracy! There's always more than meets the eye with any government. And it's never guaranteed to be very pretty. Special interests and greed are the only things that drive humanity these days, especially America, where there's the greatest chance of living comfortably in the world. With the way we Americans live, we've forgotten what real tyranny is: living on our knees at the mercy of the establishment, who tries every method possible so as NOT to kill you. It's the most insidious form of evil in existence. And with the general hysteria of being attacked from the OUTSIDE distracts all of us from the immediate threat: our own limits and our government.

wow put a lil thought in that post or wut...now sinceu spent all that time i think ill change my mind

....or not :cool: this thread should be over and done with it isnt even on the topic any more so i say if a moderater reads this he should send it to off topic. im to lazy to argu with u right now, but im sure u have a point and reasons so its a tie, good day to u sir.

Back