Looking for a couple of small UK bands

Link

Tank
Reaction score
I'm starting a small home business designed for small UK bands - its basically CD production. The way it works is, a band creates a disc (Single, album, whatever), uploads the artwork and audio, and I put it on a web based shop. Then, when people buy it, the CD is produced and mailed to the buyer. The band sets the price based on a base price + whatever profit they want to make. I haven't defined exactly what the base price is yet as I am still investigating options for cheaper suppliers, but I'm aiming at the £2-3 per disc mark at this stage.

The advantage is that you can sell high quality CDs with artwork, without having to pay up front for a batch of CDs to be made, and you don't have to worry about distribution. In addition, if you do want to buy a batch of CDs, you can order them at the "base price" for selling at gigs etc. Or, you take a laptop to your gig, and take sales by putting them directly into the site using the customers details. Or, just hand out slips of paper with the url of your disc on the store, theres loads of options really.

The reason that I am posting here is that I would like to find a couple of bands that would be interested in this, to try it out and see what they think. Specifically, I'm looking for bands that have (Or could produce) a disc and artwork. There is no cost to list - you upload your disc (MP3 audio, CD/Cover/CD tray design), I put it on the shop and either it sells or it doesn't, if it does, you take your share.

I don't want to be accused of spamming, so I'm not going to put the address to my site up unless a mod tells me I can, but if your interested, drop me a PM, and I'll give you the URL and answer any questions you have.

In developing this idea, I have discussed it on other forums and its generated a lot of feedback, mostly from non-musicians, so I'm curious what real musicians and bands will make of this idea - as such, please feel free to post your thoughts (Good or bad) below.

Edit - I forgot to mention (This came up on another forum) - you retain all rights to the music, artwork etc etc, and you can remove the disc from sale at any time. There is no exclusivity deal or anything of that nature. The best way to think of it, is you are selling your disc, only my company are putting it together and mailing it out for you.

Back