lost account and poor service

Revisedsoul

Reaction score
due to won going down i decided to jsut back on the steam boat, pun intended. ive forgoten my aco**** name since it has been such a long time since i last used it. no here is where my anger is. first i did the password recovery with my cd-key. and my two email address(i made two aco****s the second was a mistake but it was iether on eor the other). i also did their troubleshooting system and sent them a message. its been 1 week and i havent got a message or comment back to either my email accounts which i still have. i also signed up int he fourms and im still waiting for administraion to aprove my account.

any tips or sudjesions on getting my account back.

One thing I would suggest it working out how to spell account without requiring censoring :)

Try emailing someone in VALVe directly - who does the troubleshooter direct you to?

Yes.

When you get into the forums pm someone like waldo.

Just keep trying passwords that you usually use for different places like i do.

I have 5 main passwords that i use for everything, so it's only 5 possibilites.

^Ben said:
Yes.

When you get into the forums pm someone like waldo.

Just keep trying passwords that you usually use for different places like i do.

I have 5 main passwords that i use for everything, so it's only 5 possibilites.

At least STEAM doesn't have one of those "3 passwords, then a 15 minute wait"

Cause some websites do that to prevent bots from getting into someone's account.

well the trouble shooter just asked me to fill out a form and it went to somewhere in the vast land of steam. and i have 5 passwords it could be too, but i dont remeber my account name.

i cant pm anyone on the fourms because my account has not been authorized yet but i will if it ever does

and which valve representive should i email abotu such problems

Your username is your email address.

So i doubt it would be a zillion possibilites.

I have a similar problem.. I can't remember the email adress i registered with, and that adress is probably long gone by now(hotmail).. So when i try to recover my user name and password i type in my cdkey, what happens? It sends a mail to the adress i registered with. Which i dont have anymore. And the only way to fix this is to mail(snail mail) my cdkey to valve? Come on.. I've been off hl and cs for about a year now(maybe not that long, but it feels like it) and i think i'll just quit trying to get hl and cs to work.. It's a shame that they had to do it like that.

I like steam, but i don't like the way they made the recovery options. When i input my details(cdkey) i should atleast be able to see the email adress i registered with, and possibly have to answer a secret question or something to get my password.

About emails.. I sent several mails via the troubleshooting feature several months ago, still no answer. I have lost faith in steam tech support. And on the forums at steampowered.com i'm not even allowed to ask about cdkey problems. Weird.
By the way, if you were answering me.. The adress i use now is different from the one i registered with steam, because it's ages ago and i got a better offer, unlimited space instead of 2mbytes at hotmail. The hotmail account i had nolonger works. Too bad.

Sorry for all my complaining, im just tired. :dozey:

Today I decided as well to give CS another try. First off I can't remember what Email account I used. So I told Steam my cd key and it said the emial was sent. Then just to test it I made a new account and tried one of my email accounts. I then asked for it to retrieve my password for it. It said it has been sent but 2 hours later and no word from them? Are these emails actually been sent or what?
Thanks

You make it sound like you use 100 email address lol :|

I have used 4 email address for 4 years.

Think hard enough and you will remember it.

Back