LucasArts making a new open-world RPG

Reaction score
Job posting lists position for a gameplay engineer for an open-world RPG, but further details are hard to come by. I am sure the first thing that jumps to the forefront of everyone's mind is STAR WARS, but they have a lot of awesome IP that could use an open-world RPG treatment. Of course, Star Wars would benefit the most from something like this I think, but time will tell. Great news though imho. LucasArts needs to make themselves relevant again in the top levels of gaming greatness like they used to be.
Source. Posting.

Goddammit LucasArts, when will you make another Jedi Knight game? That is the only game in existence that does lightsabers correctly.

If done with an emphasis on non-fighting stuff that would be very awesome.

Also: Indiana Jones.

I would like a game where you don't play Indianan Jones (or a game set in the IJ franchise), but a game which has similar tones, action and a spit shine of humour as kind of spiritual succesor (because you are not bogged down in lore set down about 31 years ago)

First thing that came to mind was KotOR 3, but I doubt it. They've already got SWTOR coming out that involves the same setting.

I would like a game where you don't play Indianan Jones (or a game set in the IJ franchise), but a game which has similar tones, action and a spit shine of humour as kind of spiritual succesor (because you are not bogged down in lore set down about 31 years ago)

See: Uncharted

Back