Magic the Gathering

The latest version of Octgn 2 requires .net framework 4. Very interesting.

Downloading it. Can't wait to see what it looks like. I last used Octgn back when it was version 1.

Latest set seems to be Rise of the Eldrazi... going to try and find that for Octgn along with the others.

**** all the new sets, I'd craft together an old school Durkwood Boar, Craw Wurm, Craw Giant, fog and regeneration deck. Yep... one of my first decks when I basically had no cards to choose from.

Oh that and a drudge skeleton deck. Haha.

Me and my friend used to collect MTG. I stopped as soon as I realized I could never beat him. My deck-strategies never worked, either because they were badly built or relied too heavily on luck - something I don't have.

My favourite set was Mirrodin. Or maybe Onslaught. At first I actually enjoyed collecting the cards more than playing with them. It took me a while to understand how the game worked since English isn't my first language.

I don't like where they're going with the new sets. MTG wasn't all that easy to begin with and now they've added loads of new card-types and rules. The game's going to get way too messy with all the new planeswalkers and different types of instants flying about.

If we get this online thing going, I'm going to suck at it, because all I have are decklists that are legal in standard play (sets from the last two years and the latest core set). All you old players are going to build these psycho legacy decks.

Not me. I try not to make any "Way too gay" decks. I had a guy put 3 Black Lotus' in his deck. I was like "NO TAKE THOSE OUT GODDAMN"

I remember learning MTG on a train trip with my family back when Revised had just come out. The kid that taught me and my brother had no idea how to play, but it was enough to get my brother and I interested.

I dropped it until I was in 7th or 8th grade, picked up the old cards again with some friends to play, stopped a year later. Years after that I found out a bunch of my friends played it a lot and I started to see some of the new cards (I was still playing with mostly just Revised cards) and my shit just couldn't compare to the new stuff, so I finally started buying some new cards.

My friends and I still play quite a bit and we've even got some of our girlfriends and other friends that thought it was really lame to play. We don't use ridiculously overpowered combos or lame cards (anything that says you win the game we don't play, infinite combos, Eldrazi, etc)

I just made a new deck that came in the mail last week from cardkingdom.com :)

Me and my friend used to collect MTG. I stopped as soon as I realized I could never beat him. My deck-strategies never worked, either because they were badly built or relied too heavily on luck - something I don't have.

My favourite set was Mirrodin. Or maybe Onslaught. At first I actually enjoyed collecting the cards more than playing with them. It took me a while to understand how the game worked since English isn't my first language.

I don't like where they're going with the new sets. MTG wasn't all that easy to begin with and now they've added loads of new card-types and rules. The game's going to get way too messy with all the new planeswalkers and different types of instants flying about.

I had(have, but rarely talk to him anymore since I never use AIM anymore and he doesn't seem to want to use MSN) a friend who makes these ****ing insane decks. He has like 25,000 actual cards to choose from including real rare ones, and has won a tournament at least once I think. Anyway, he has these crazy ideas for making decks, and oftentimes when I played with him(Never ever won by the way), he would nearly bring me to tears. Not really, but his decks were ****ing insane.

I remember one deck that he used, that nearly completely prevented me from playing the game at all. It was a deck that like, gave him extra turns and skipped my turns and shit, and it was basically him going over and over again. Bizarre shit... but completely legit.

Oh and if we played, we'd have to use voice coms! Like ventrilo or teamspeak or something. Just makes it more fun. and less typing.

But yeah... no retardedly lame decks. Those are no fun.

Oh and the Octgn people typically have ways to download all the card sets, latest and otherwise through their IRC channel, at least from what I remember. Probably still the same. I need to download that and see what I can find. I don't want to get some outdated torrent one.
EDIT: Meh... seems irc.ircstorm.net is down. Blargh.

I could upload an up to date version of MWS if anybody wants to learn a new program.

I could upload an up to date version of MWS if anybody wants to learn a new program.

Nooo! Screw MWS. I used MWS long before I used OCTGN. I found OCTGN to be quite the step up.

Couldn't even play more than 2 players back then. Is it still the case for MWS that you can't play more than 2 players?

I really really wish people were able to make a Vampire: The Eternal Struggle set. I've tried to make it my own... I own a lot of the cards, but have never ever played a proper game... which makes me sad. I couldn't find scans of all the cards or I would have tried making the set myself.

He has like 25,000 actual cards to choose from including real rare ones

Did he ever consider selling them?

I wonder if there are still people out there who would want to spend insane amounts of cash on buying cards like 'Black Lotus' or 'Time Walk'. I suppose 'Black Lotus' itself is kind of worthless by now.
Then again I'm not up to date with MTG anymore.

Did he ever consider selling them?

I wonder if there are still people out there who would want to spend insane amounts of cash on buying cards like 'Black Lotus' or 'Time Walk'. I suppose 'Black Lotus' itself is kind of worthless by now.
Then again I'm not up to date with MTG anymore.

Yeah he thought about it. He owned two or three Black Lotus as well... lol. Crazy dude, but real creative when it came to making decks.

So I'm installing OCTGN as I'm typing here, is this thing still on?

Well, I got everything installed and updated, some sets don't have a patch yet though. Here's a list of the sets that have been updated.
Ninth Edition
Tenth Edition
Magic 2010
Shards of Alara
Conflux
Alara Reborn
Zendikar
Worldwake
Rise of The Eldrazi
Champions of Kamigawa
Betrayers of Kamigawa
Saviors of Kamigawa
Ravnica
Dissension
Guildpact
Planar Chaos
Future Sight
Mirrodin
Fifth Dawn
Darksteel
Coldsnap
Lorwyn
Morningtide
Shadowmoor
Eventide
Duel Decks: Jace vs Chandra
From The Vault: Dragons
From The Vault: Exiled
Urza's Legacy
Urza's Destiny

And since I've been having issues with OCTGN, I decided to upload a .zip of everything you need for Magic Workstation. However, it does not contain the card art. If you want the art go here and drop the entire folder that you just downloaded into the "pics" folder within the MWS file. It's ready to play as is, just unzip and run with it.

http://rapidshare.com/files/400254575/Magic_Workstation.zip.html

http://img268.imageshack.us/i/withoutpics.png/

http://img691.imageshack.us/i/withpics.png/

Back