Magical shotgun.

Probably just the fact that it's a game- remember not all the weapons have to agree with reality. example: Half Life 1, the mp5 (or M4/M203) doesn't reload the contact grenade after you fire. On that note, the Mp5 doesnt even (to my knowledge) have a contect grenade launcher attachment. So it might just be the developers thinking that they need a double barrel secondary, but not wanting to use an over/under model shotgun. Besides, the SPAS12 rocks the cazbah
The MP5 can have an attacked grenade launcher.

Z0mg, o rly?! I have seen AKs with m203 attached, which is quite weird as there already is a launcher designed for Kalashnikovs. Anyhoo, sorry about my above post..I tend to post rather long stuff, with some grammar errors in it- So, back2topique, HL1 also featured that lasertripmine, and though all the rather fictional weapons in HL1, like the atgm4000, might be concidered to have been developed a few years ahead of our time (gauss canon doesn't count, cause it's supposed to be super-top secret prototype rather than an actual weapon) the mine doesn't add up (so do the combine tripmines we still can see in ep1, though VALVe has already the SLAM, what they could use at least as a nice model, but anyway they don't) cause all the mines have that visible laserbeam. Laserbeams can of course be visible, but that would require loads of energy, much more than such a simple device might need to work.

i dunno, i remember a long time ago i tried to look up pics for a mp5 with an m203 attached and I couldn't find squat. If it can be attached, its simply not done. Very likely since the mp5 is a submachinegun and is meant for CQB where an m203 is not.

Also for the gun-unknowledged. m203s don't fire rounds with the sort of arcs you see in in hl1 or hl2. Their real range goes out to approx 300 meters, not 30. Which means they actually have a close to flat trajectory at closer ranges.

Once again, realism with guns would suck.

Honestly after 12 hours, a shotgun is gonna weigh a lot. How canyone carry that many guns? Its all impossible.

Even the aiming and recoil are unrealistic, especially for someone like Freeman.

ITS JUST A GAME>

Keep the realism within CS:S or DoD:S, Half-life is a singleplayer game and I'd like Valve to take some liberty in weaponry.

Remember! It's supposed to be "Believability" not "Realism!"

I like my games a Believable as possible. It makes everything so much better.

What I would do to "fix" the HL2 weaponry:

Crowbar: Increase damage, slower attack speed, more attack animation rather then just "poking" the target.

Pistol: Drop the clip down to 15, increase damage, and hit the slide release in the reload!

Magnum: Include an actual speed loader in the reload animation, decrease accuracy.

SMG1: Drop the clip to 40, increase damage, and get rid of the grenade launcher.

Shotgun: Increase the clip to, and have to secondary fire sound effect be two shots one after the other like in HL1.

AR2: in the animation; replace the crescent clip,then engage the current animation, and increase the extra ammo count.

Crossbow: Replace with combine sniper rifle.

Rocket Launcher: Show Freeman actually inserting the rocket into the weapon during reload.

:D

Back