Magnusson in HL1

simonjedi

Spy
Reaction score
from playing unforeseen consequences last night, there are only a couple of survivors of the RC so its easy to narrow it down

- Gordon
- Eli
- kleiner (the wounder einstien model)
- The "what the hell are these things" guard
- the guard being resusitated
- the "Gordon doesn't need to hear this" einstien model

My opinion its the "Gordon doesn't need to hear this" einstien model

I thought it was the younger looking scientist that lets you in the actual chamber. Says something along the lines of "...the possibility of a resonance cascade scenario is extremely unlikely..."

Yeah, I'm pretty sure Laidlaw has said it's a survivor from the tessssst chamber. Apparently he said he'd been wondering what to do with him, and now found him a place where he'd been all along... something along those lines.

I remember that if you wait in the test chamber too long, someone demands "Wh - what is he doing in there?" Seeing as Magnusson's meant to be an arrogant prick, I'd say that could be him, although I'm not sure which scientist it was who said that.

Guy talking to gman in the beginning? The scientist model is random everytime you restart that chapter.

It has to be a model that never changes, maybe the Sci Eli is helping in HL1?

I think it's the "they're waiting for our Gordon" guy, and he's based on slick, from the glimpse we've seen of him in that screenshot.

Could this be him?

magko4.jpg

I figured it was the Einstein-like fellow in that photo (to the left of white-out Breen) because there's definitely an Einstein model in the tesssst chamber.

The problem with it being the Slick (the one lots of people thought was teh g-mna omg) at the enormous doors of the test chamber is that he's all kinds of dead after the RC and I seem to remember there isn't one of him in the room above the chamber.
My money's on the fella with the 'tache although that doesn't really fit in with the whole bloke-from-the-test-chamber thing.

I still think ts the Scientist Eli was helping, His model never changes.

I happen to believe that Magnusson will resemble the "Einstein" character witnessed in Half-Life. Why? Simply an assumption, nonetheless, I also believe that it is in fact the Einstein character because of the brief moment with a scientist seen in aid from another unknown scientist, after which exiting from the elevator. Also, is it not awkward that a picture (as posted) shows a team of scientist, some of which we have never met or laid an eye on? Also, the fact that there happens to be a female among them is quite surprising since Valve never designed a female character of any kind (excluding the female assassin). Damn Valve! So sexist. :frown:

Valve designed only Female Assassins. But you gotta see the model of Female Assassin, they did model high-poly ass for it :p

But well, we never see anyone else but Alyx in real action, Mossman is scientist, Gina is only at Hazard Course... HL: Decay has those female characters but it is not by Valve, it's by Gearbox.

Also, the fact that there happens to be a female among them is quite surprising since Valve never designed a female character of any kind (excluding the female assassin). Damn Valve! So sexist. :frown:

Do some research before posting something. Originally Valve had a female protagonist, and female scientists for Half-Life. Don't forget Prospero too.

Do some research before posting something. Originally Valve had a female protagonist, and female scientists for Half-Life. Don't forget Prospero too.

I took those into matter, but since they were cut from the final version, technically they don't count. Why? Well, for some reason, they were not used in the final product.

That screeny with Magnusson looking at the rocket did have him very obscured, but his hair does seem to be closest to the one simonjedi circled. I suppose it could be an older Slick, with his hair turning brown now or something, but then that picture in Kleiner's lab is supposedly from HL1, plus Slick dies many times, so... I'm confused. Maybe that screeny isn't enough to make an assumption off, what with the smallness of him and HDR all over him (IIRC).

I hope the next trailer of EP2 shows him. Or maybe if Valve releases videos like they did you Alyx for Ep1.

This may be my game, but every time I see Gman talking to that guy, It's always Einstein. And when the guy get's headcrabbed it's the Kleiner model.

Don't take it the wrong way, but I hope they don't release too many video clips because then it would spoil the game.

This may be my game, but every time I see Gman talking to that guy, It's always Einstein. And when the guy get's headcrabbed it's the Kleiner model.
IIRC the guy talking to the g-man is usually black for me and the Walter/glasses/Kleiner model gets 'crabed.

Isn't it the, "We tried to warn them" guy? The Einstein with Eli just outside the test chamber?

As long as it isn't Slick, man.

I'm actually starting to think that the white-out face man is not Breen. I don't think that Breen would be wearing a lab coat as he is the administrator and would most likely wear a suit. the man circled in the picture could be Magnusson, but then again so could the bearded man on the left. As Magnusson has been described as cocky, a bastard ect he might be the one with the white-out face simply because kleiner didn't like him. well that's my theory, but then again white-out face is probably Breen.

Well if watch the review on game videos, you get to see him. He looks like the "slicK" model, i think the guy that gives you the Egon gun.

I'm actually starting to think that the white-out face man is not Breen. I don't think that Breen would be wearing a lab coat as he is the administrator and would most likely wear a suit. the man circled in the picture could be Magnusson, but then again so could the bearded man on the left. As Magnusson has been described as cocky, a bastard ect he might be the one with the white-out face simply because kleiner didn't like him. well that's my theory, but then again white-out face is probably Breen.

Kuttar, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to stop bumping ancient threds. -.-

The other thread was from a year ago... Where the hell did you find it?

You know if you are right(which I doubt) then it would be funny to see in ep2 the same picture in the silo. This time though we can see Magnusson in the middle.
I do think that Kleiner does hate Magnusson or the other way around. Even if I haven't played ep2 yet you can see that Magnusson interrupts him and doesn't seem to care much about Kleiner's opinion.

Now that Dr. Magnusson has been revealed, I can not believe how wrong we were. :bounce:

The beuaty of it is that it could have been any number of scientists from HL1. None of the characters were as clearly defined in that game. Did they even have names? In the 'Raising the bar' book they were just refered to as 'scientist'. But obviously, for the purpose of continuuity, Valve can now say that the scientist you spoke to at this point was this character. Same thing with the security guards. They were all the same. But they evolved into the single character we now all know & love a Barney.

Er, no dude, he's Slick.

The one you highlighted doesn't have Slick's beautiful eyebrows.

Back