Major Fps problems!!!! help plz asap

R

Rize0

Hello guys this is my 1st post here!!!!
Well i got a major problem with cs:S fps :frown:

My System: AMD athlonXP 2800+
Geforce 6800GT 256mb ram (thats the card) - uptodate drivers!!!
512mb ram

Well anyways this is what happens i get like an average 30 fps playing source on the recommended setting from steam!!!
my rates Cl_interp 0.01
cl_cmdrate 100
cl_update 100
cl_smooth 1
rate 25000
max_fps 300

i was expecting more power form a 6800 gt thats why i bought it!!!!

the thing is i decided to turn down all my setting onto low and see if i can get more fps but that wasnt the case i keep getting the same fps no increase at all!!!! can some one help me with this by any chance?

Even when i reinstall windows same thing!!!! i only got mcafee security center running in the back but i dont think it would make a big difference!!!

can someone help me and explain this plz?

***drivers up to date***

try setting fps_max to your refresh rate. If your refresh rate is 80, set it to 81, etc.
Also make sure you close as many background programs as you can while playing, that may also include explorer. But either way your 6800 is being bottlnecked by your CPU and/or RAM. Have you thought about Overclocking? I got my 2500+ up to a 3200+, bought a gig of RAM, and it's given me pretty much straight 80fps.

buying more ram could help but you should still get good fps reguardless.
edit: also if your card is bottlenecking, you shouldnt use low settings. try upping the resolution because 1024x768 and lower puts the load on the cpu and not the gpu,but raising it will put it on the gpu. it might improve your fps.

Ehh no giant, lower resolutions are lower loads for the cpu. At high resolutions it's your graphics card that is the limit, at low resolutions it's the cpu.

No, you said that increasing the resolution will improve fps. That's not true.

well as it looks the highest possible resolution is 1024x768!!! i cant go any further up... and still no increase tbh

Ok guys i wouldnt be back here if i didnt have a problem!!! i am at 30 fps and its usually bellow that plz help me fix my problem!!! i tryed the video cfg and same no change its at that stage where it is pissing me off now!!!! how can i get my gfx card to process all my graphic instead of my cpu doing it? all help is apretiated!!!!

You might have an onboard chip that's running the graphics. Enter the BIOS and check the onboard devices for any 'graphics controller'. Disable it.

You might have an onboard chip that's running the graphics. Enter the BIOS and check the onboard devices for any 'graphics controller'. Disable it.

how can the onboard be running the graphics if he has a video card???? if there is an onboard video chip in your motherboard then it could be using some system memory. so disable it like the brick said above or lower the ram usage. also brick your information above about resolutions just isnt an arguement at all.

yah m8 i tryed it changed few sttings in bios no big change at all!!!! also erm i tryed sumthign new turn all settings on high and i gate the same fps on all settings so it actually pisses me offf!!!! any other things i could try? like increase memory from 512mb to 1 gb?

woot you mean y am i here oviously i got a problem and i need help?

Sorry to say this but windows needs 512 ram to run and u expect to run css as well no chance
get ur hand in ur pocket and go an get another gig

Sorry to say this but windows needs 512 ram to run and u expect to run css as well no chance
get ur hand in ur pocket and go an get another gig

windows only needs a minimum of 128mb to run but 256mb is more sufficent. for css 384mbs is perfectly fine.

Interesting problem. Sounds more like a software issue than a hardware issue, though it could be something in your BIOS...

One thing that strikes me as a strong possibility is you screwed up your drivers, possibly by not installing them in the correct order. Try uninstalling every motherboard/graphics/sound driver you can, then getting the latest of each and installing them (do this from Add/Remove programs, and reboot after each one you remove). The chipset driver is CRITICAL, and you must install it *before* the graphics driver! I've seen a lot of performance problems come from failing to do this. It'd be best if you could do a clean install of Windows, but I assume your technical knowledge or even time availability isn't quite up to the task.

The best (more or less) install order I've found for Windows XP is this: service pack 2, chipset drivers, graphics, sound. Network drivers can be installed at any point and may be helpful in acquiring the latest versions of the other drivers if you didn't do so prior to reinstalling Windows.

btw, if you turned Delayed Transaction off in your BIOS, turn it on! It's actually a GOOD thing that's required by the PCI 2.x spec, and some PCI hardware won't work right without it (anyone remember the Aureal Vortex cards? if only I knew then what I knew now...). Even if you don't have any PCI cards installed, odds are that some of your motherboard's onboard gear is connected via PCI, so it's still a good idea to leave it enabled.

pATCheS thank yuo for you great reply! i tryed updating those drivers and stuff before but i had no change in fps or anything!!!! then i also tryed to reinstall windows clean and the drivers but it didnt work!!! i have decide to give up on the game until i can afford a high spec gamers rig and play properly!!!! btw tnx for the other info i found it very usefull on another occasion gg man!!!

pATCheS = Legend ^^

Back