Make a brush disappear help!!!

qwgg

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm looking for help to make a brush disappear when you press a button, like "E". Maybe creating a brush entity or authoring a logical entity. I really don't know. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Make it a func_brush. Make the brush start Enabled. Make the button's OnPressed trigger the brush's Disable input.

If the brush needs to be solid to the player change the "Solid BSP" to Yes.

Thanks very much for your help. Sorry im such a newb

How do I make it re-appear when is has disappeared? Also is there any way I can change it from a button to a key press on the keyboard?

Make the button invisible (NODRAW texture), then check its flag for 'Don't Move.' Tell its OnPressed input to Toggle the brush. Toggle means every time the button is pressed it'll switch the state of the brush.

Thanks for the quick reply. Is there any way to make a key press as the brush input?

I don't know what you mean. Inputs are something the entity receives from another entity or a player. Why would you need the brush to give the button an input? The brush's state is dictated by the button in the first place.

If you mean 'make a key on the keyboard move as the brush receives input' then you're out of luck. You'd need a prop_dynamic with a model that has an animation of a key pressing, which unfortunately valve never made for HL2 or any of its mods. A cheaper but sillier looking alternative would be to make a keyboard in Hammer out of brushes and make the key a brush-based button.

No, i mean when you press a key on your keyboard, it makes the brush disappear, then when you press it again it reappears. Is there any way to do that?

Back