Malware detected!

Krynn72

The Freeman
Reaction score
I got this the other day too, but I forget which thread I went into. Today I went into Kaptain H's "Art Stuff" thread and this popped up in Chrome.

54342874.jpg

My old personal website, where I've been uploading many of my images to for forums and stuff for years, was running on an outdated version of joomla and got attacked by a script bot. The script has been removed and the main site shut down until we can upgrade, so it doesn't happen again.

Everything is safe and taken care of, but I still have to report back to Google that the page is clean. Until they clear it, all of my images linked from there will appear flagged in this way.

A huge pain in the ass, in other words. But this reminds me that I still have to email them about it.

Joomla :(

WordPress is also notorious for getting hacked.

Yeah, I was looking into it, and there was a huge wave of attacks on the old version recently. I don't even think about the site anymore, but I'm mostly concerned about my main uploading source, plus my boyfriend's professional portfolio site is under that account as well. Freaking Joomla.

Hmm, someone is asking me to make a website+webshop in Joomla+Virtuemart soon, this makes me a bit unsure if this is a safe combination for a webshop..

Hmm, someone is asking me to make a website+webshop in Joomla+Virtuemart soon, this makes me a bit unsure if this is a safe combination for a webshop..

As long as you keep it up to date, it shouldn't be too much of an issue. Mine was running on a version I stopped updating in 2006, so what happened is no surprise to me.

how a wordpress gets hacked?

how it can be avoided?

I ask cuz I was planing on use it

how a wordpress gets hacked?

how it can be avoided?

I ask cuz I was planing on use it

By keeping up with all the security patches they put out as well as doing such things as turning register globals off. I don't recall if wordpress uses a seperate folder for admin functions but if it does you can paassword protect those directories using .htaccess.

Back