Map Release - Ctf_Well!

S

scragnog

So, Fortress Forever is awesome, Team Fortress 2 is awesome, why not combine them?!

TF2 has one CTF map at the moment, and it's awesome, but so was ff_well in Fortress Forever.

I've ported over ff_well into TF2 and fixed it all up to work flawlessly, had to make some design changes but it all seems to work ok.

2002012029887516738_rs.jpg

Here is the linketh!

http://files.filefront.com/TF2+Ctf+Wellzip/;8648591;/fileinfo.html

Looks bloody horrible. Well done. :|

won't the FF team be annoyed to see their hard work used in TF2?

Well is quite a great map in FF.

Nice job man. But yah ask for their permission before you release. And of course give according credits :)

there are credits in the readme, I've asked for permission on their forums, they are deliberating I believe.

The way I see it, it's more exposure for Fortress Forever, especially if an ad could be put to show up at the start of the map referring people to Fortress Forever for traditional TF gameplay.

That is not TF2. That is FF. That looks horrible in TF2. You can't mix one style with a cartoony style. It doesn't work.
I won't ever touch that map.

Reminds me of ****ing Half Life. Seriously, that looks shitty as ****.

That is not TF2. That is FF. That looks horrible in TF2. You can't mix one style with a cartoony style. It doesn't work.
I won't ever touch that map.

Reminds me of ****ing Half Life. Seriously, that looks shitty as ****.

It's a case of taste, I think the TF2 style is awesome, but I feel more at home in the FF style/architecture, its simple, to the point and just works, and its actually very detailed if you actually played it, but there we go.

All well and good to change the map over to TF2, but if people want that kinda of graphical style then they can go play FF, it may be a ver good map, but it doesn't have the look of TF2.

Also, if the FF team are still 'deliberating' as to whether to allow you to do this then you shouldn't have released it, you should wait until they give you the a-ok to do it.

At least its proved that realistic maps don't really work with TF2.

This is a very bad idea.

Half of what I love about TF2 is the art style, and a map like this would ruin it. I fear for a world where I have to sift through server after server of cheaply ported custom maps just to get the game as it was meant to be played.

This is a very bad idea.

Half of what I love about TF2 is the art style, and a map like this would ruin it. I fear for a world where I have to sift through server after server of cheaply ported custom maps just to get the game as it was meant to be played.

That is a good point,but to counter that - isn't CSS strictly supposed to be realistic, the official maps are all pretty true-to-life... however the Lego maps and some of the Dev-Style CSS maps are amazing fun.

I think any mapper should be free to use whatever design they like for a map, limiting it to using the TF2 Art/Architecture style is the wrong way to go. I'm not referring to my port here though because it is, as you say a cheap port.

I played this map last night. Honestly, the layout is horrible. The resupply room which is a spawn point can be entered by the enemy team players. So you know what that means. The graphics as some of you mentioned are "special" I personally don't think it looks bad, it's just that it doesn't fit the game. It's dark, grim, depressing, etc...

It's nice to see that mappers are already churning out stuff but this one certainly won't be the most memorable one.

That map is just too big. It's tailored for people who run fast and can bhop. It would just take too long to get to flag to flag imo....so I don't think it would work out so well. Plus, the cartoony gun/stuff just doesn't fit.

That is a good point,but to counter that - isn't CSS strictly supposed to be realistic, the official maps are all pretty true-to-life... however the Lego maps and some of the Dev-Style CSS maps are amazing fun.

I think any mapper should be free to use whatever design they like for a map, limiting it to using the TF2 Art/Architecture style is the wrong way to go. I'm not referring to my port here though because it is, as you say a cheap port.
I don't really play CS:S for the art style, though. Actually, I don't play CS:S at all.

I played this map last night. Honestly, the layout is horrible. The resupply room which is a spawn point can be entered by the enemy team players. .

Map has been rereleased since the 1st version, other teams are unable to open the spawn point doors now.

Back