March 23 - PS3 Euro release

Reginald

Reaction score
Celebrate.jpg

I did not choose this image. The semi-official Sony blog chose it. Trying to make people excited? Maybe they could have shown the excited people at the US launch?

bored_people2.jpg

new_gangsta_trend_0902orgB.jpg

Anyway, due to be announced at midnight tonight GMT, about 14 minutes, I thought I'd jump in there first.

PS3 to Launch in UK on 23rd March 2007
Over 30 Titles for Launch Period
1 Million units forecast for Initial European Launch Period

EDIT: lololol forgot price. 425 GBP

Can I hear a WHOOP WHOOP?

No?

I don't blame you.

Source

EDIT: PLAYSTATION 3 LAUNCH TITLE LINE-UP

Resistance: Fall of Man™ - SCEE - Disc
MotorStorm™ - SCEE - Disc
Genji™: Days of the Blade - SCEE - Disc
FORMULA ONE CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION - SCEE - Disc
Ridge Racer™ 7 - SCEE - Disc
Tekken?: Dark Resurrection - SCEE - Network
Lemmings™ - SCEE - Network
Go! Sudoku - SCEE - Network
Go! Puzzle - SCEE - Network
Blast Factor™ - SCEE - Network
flOw™ - SCEE - Network
Super Rub’a'Dub - SCEE - Network
Call of Duty 3 - Activision UK Ltd - Disc
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance - Activision UK Ltd - Disc
Tony Hawk’s Project 8 - Activision UK Ltd - Disc
Gundam – Target in Sight - Namco Bandai Games - Disc
Full Auto™ 2: Battle Lines - Sega?Europe Ltd - Disc
Sonic the Hedgehog™ - Sega?Europe Ltd - Disc
Virtua Fighter™ 5 - Sega?Europe Ltd - Disc
Virtua Tennis™ 3 - Sega?Europe Ltd - Disc
World Snooker Championship 2007 - Sega?Europe Ltd - Disc
NBA 2K7 - Take 2 International SA - Disc
NHL 2K7 - Take 2 International SA - Disc
Blazing Angels Squadrons of WWll - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
Enchanted Arms - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell: Double Agent - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
The Elder Scrolls lV: Oblivion - Ubisoft Entertainment SA - Disc
Def Jam: Icon - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
Fight Night Round 3 - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
NBA Street 4 Homecourt 2007 - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
Need for Speed Carbon - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
The Godfather: The Don’s Edition - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2007 - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom - Electronic Arts Ltd - Disc
F.E.A.R. Vivendi - Universal Games Intl SA - Disc
Gripshift - Sony Online Entertainment - Network

Heh. Forgot the most important thing. Edited it in now. 425 GBP for the 60 Gig.
425 GBP = 837.10 USD

UK getting raped in price. Roughy a 40% increase in price compared to the US price for the 60gig version. Maybe Sony is trying to make up for losses in the US and Japan?

57 days... bah. FFXII will fill out that tho'. :E

425 GBP = 837.10 USD

UK getting raped in price. Roughy a 40% increase in price compared to the US price for the 60gig version. Maybe Sony is trying to make up for losses in the US and Japan?

The price difference has to do with the conversion from USD to EU currency.

The price difference has to do with the conversion from USD to EU currency.

The pound is stronger than the dollar. We should be paying less. but we get shafted with high tax and shops being greedy :)

And the only game that remotly intrests me on that list is MotorStorm. The rest are just "Meh".

Lol. 837 USD is Cheap? And as for the launch list.... not much on there really catches my attention if you don't count games that are already out on other systems...

One good thing will be that there should be plenty of PS3's in stock in the UK. Just take all of the unsold units from US and Japan, and send them there...

The pound is stronger than the dollar. We should be paying less. but we get shafted with high tax and shops being greedy :)

And the only game that remotly intrests me on that list is MotorStorm. The rest are just "Meh".

Hahaha, indeed. Guess I got it backwards, eh. :O

There was only one game on there that caught my attention, and for all the wrong reasons.

RIDDDDDDDGEEE RACER!

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=pJElsNaC6yQ[/YOUTUBE]

57 days... bah. FFXII will fill out that tho'. :E
And then some...;)

But yes, that launch lineup actually looks pretty darn good (though I hate calling it a 'launch' lineup since the system will have been out for like 4 months by the time it releases over there). Oh well. Still no really serious "must-haves" imho....

And then some...;)

:p

But yes, that launch lineup actually looks pretty darn good (though I hate calling it a 'launch' lineup since the system will have been out for like 4 months by the time it releases over there). Oh well. Still no really serious "must-haves" imho....

From that list Resistance: Fall of Man, MotorStorm, FORMULA ONE CHAMPIONSHIP EDITION, Tekken: Dark Resurrection, Lemmings, Blast Factor, flOw and Virtua Fighter 5 (and PERHAPS Oblivion, but that depends if they got any new content in the PS3 version) caught my eye. Oh yeah I forgot, I already own Resistance. ;)

man that's a steep markup. I kinda knew Europe was gonna get bent over by Sony, but ouch.

I still think for similar money, buying a 360 and a ps2 is the best blend.

Lemmings? I played lemmings on my Amiga, why the hell would I want to play it on a PS3?

$800?

Christ, talk about us getting raped over in price.

March 23rd is the 4th year anniversary of the invasion of iraq! ..the same day ps3 will be launched in europe ....it's obviously an illuminati conspiracy for world domination

btw it was the 20th not the 23rd ..but that's what they want you to believe

One good thing will be that there should be plenty of PS3's in stock in the UK. Just take all of the unsold units from US and Japan, and send them there...

1 million for all of the UK, Europe, Australasia, and various other countries. I hardly think so. Although... depends how many people actually do buy them.

Back