Massive Red Orchestra Discount as Mods Come to Steam

Hectic Glenn

Site Director
Staff member
Reaction score
Red Orchestra MODs will be the first third party game MODs to be made available through Steam. And just to celebrate, Tripwire is reducing the price 75% to $4.99 until Monday 20th October.[br]The first MOD released, Mare Nostrum, allows players to experience some of the fiercest battles of WWII across North Africa and Italy.
  • The MOD adds three new nationalities to the game including the British, Australians and Italians as well as adding the German Afrika Korps.
  • Featuring 8 new maps, 8 new weapons and 10 vehicles the game play is varied from gritty street to street fighting in urban surroundings to all out tank warfare in the open desert
All these mods will be available totally free to users who have purchased Red Orchestra. $19.99 down to $4.99...what a steal!

Good thing that steam is expanding and adding mods! :)

Didn't get, it so now Red Orchestra from the Stores can be registered on Steam?

The game is already on steam.

You didn't get my point.. i mean when i go to the store and buy a game i can't register it on Steam.. i only can play it on the computer without steam.. just like the other non-valve games..
To get them on steam you have to buy them from that..so.. when i read this notice i wondered if that game could now be registered on Steam without being bought from it..

You didn't get my point.. i mean when i go to the store and buy a game i can't register it on Steam.. i only can play it on the computer without steam.. just like the other non-valve games..
To get them on steam you have to buy them from that..so.. when i read this notice i wondered if that game could now be registered on Steam without being bought from it..
Tu sempre pudeste registar a cd-key do Red Orchestra no Steam. Foi como eu fiz.
---
You could always register RO's cd-key on Steam. It was what I did.

Tu sempre pudeste registar a cd-key do Red Orchestra no Steam. Foi como eu fiz.
---
You could always register RO's cd-key on Steam. It was what I did.

Eu nao sabia disso.. Tal que COD4 nao podes.. tnh aqui original tentei e nao deu.. portanto so da se forem comprados P'la Steam.. E Viva Portuga! =P
---
I didn't knew about that.. just like in COD4 u can't regist it on steam.. cause i have here the original game and when i tried it didn't worked.. so.. it only works if i buy it from the Steam..

Eu n?o sabia disso.. Tal que COD4 n?o podes.. tnh aqui original tentei e n?o deu.. portanto s? d? se forem comprados P'l? Steam.. E Viva Portuga! =P
---
I didn't knew about that.. just like in COD4 u can't regist it on steam.. cause i have here the original game and when i tried it didn't worked.. so.. it only works if i buy it from the Steam..

O RO eh dos poucos jogos retail que da para registar no Steam. O CoD4 ja nao da, mas por exemplo o Prey ja da.
---
RO is one of the few retail games that can be registered on Steam. CoD4 can't be registered, but Prey can, for example.

I didn't particularly enjoy RO when I played it with my free trial. Not sure if it's worth my $5.

I didn't particularly enjoy RO when I played it with my free trial. Not sure if it's worth my $5.

Well the game is even worst than Medal of Honor Allied Assault.. and i want MOHAA SO MUCH.. but im seeing that valve is not going to add it to the store.. and that one i would even buy it from steam store..

It would have to be up to EA to add the MOH games. Anyway, I like RO and I like MOHAA, but the games are so different there's no point in even trying to draw comparisons between the two.

RO is strange, you love it for its realism but you hate it for the fact in reality, war is ****ing stressful and annoying. :p:sniper:

It would have to be up to EA to add the MOH games. Anyway, I like RO and I like MOHAA, but the games are so different there's no point in even trying to draw comparisons between the two.

Hum.. so in your opinion what it is better? Red Orchestra or MOHAA? No way Mohaa is my classic game.. its better in all the ways xD

Hum.. so in your opinion what it is better? Red Orchestra or MOHAA? No way Mohaa is my classic game.. its better in all the ways xD

I love the two about the same. Don't make me choose one.

Oh Roger that! I didn't wanted to listen you saying that RO is better than MOHAA!!:devil:

F*cking awesome.

I hope they add Darkest Hour to Steam, it covers the Normandy invasion. :D

I'm sure they will Lucid, seems they're doing 1 at a time to keep things fresh and not overload the scene. It's surely hiding down the pipeline somewhere.

I hope they add Carpathian Crosses. All 3 popular RO mods are really fun, but CC takes the cake in my opinion because of the mortar and the awesome maps. Oh, and the Soviet Naval Infantry. Those guys are crazy.

I imagine the other big ones are coming.

If any of you don't have RO yet, this is definitely the time to get it. It's a great game.

We do hope to bring all the RO mods to steam yes. It just happened that the latest Mare Nostrum release, and this chance to get a RO mod on steam happened at just the right time. And I'm glad to see some RO love over here. Always liked reading halflife2.net, just never got around to registering til now.

Back