Max Payne 3

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
The character animations look really impressive. I was skeptical at first but the gameplay looks like a lot of fun. I am still disappointed about the setting and Max Payne's new look. I just hope that it retains its neo noir theme.

I've been skeptical the entire time, but this actually looks like it could be pretty awesome.

honestly that whole animations variations and such things dont look so bad,and the bullet time does reminds me a lot of classic maxpayne,though I used it almost while jumping and such

Cover system aside, I'm pleasantly surprised.
Looks great.

Looks like I expected it to given that it runs on RAGE.

I am most likely going to end up getting this.

Looks impressive! I also don't like the sunny tropical setting either, but it will be fun to take out gangs of thugs in bullet time though!

Anything but another pointless, tagged-on TDM/CTF/DOM multi with XP unlocks.

(It'll probably still have XP unlocks, though.)

Just playin brah :V I'm just reminded of how they could never quite get the bullet-time powerup to "work", and Max Payne 3's version sounds pretty slick.

Latest vid in the 'design and technology series':

AllOverMyFace.

Looks awesome. Love the music.

Thanks for the link to the new video, Jimbo! Looks really nice.

Also, game got delayed.

"The game was supposed to hit shelves in March, but Take-Two has confirmed that it will now be released for Xbox 360 and PS3 on May 15 in North America, and May 18 in other territories. The PC version will be released on May 29 in North America, and June 1 elsewhere."

http://www.edge-online.com/news/take-two-forecasts-loss-max-payne-3-slips-may

I read that yesterday. I stood up, walked calmly to the front door, stepped outside and yelled "F*CK" as loud as I possibly could.

Oh jeez. Now when I get my hands on the game I'm only going to be able to imagine the story as Pi's life pre-HL2.net. Possibly current. Maybe his future.

Still looks like me.

That's totally what they're going for.

*/me suddenly has the bright idea of making a mod for MP3 where you actually play as Pi and do typical Pi things like groom ponies and have sex with older men.*

Still looks like me.

That's totally what they're going for.

*/me suddenly has the bright idea of making a mod for MP3 where you actually play as Pi and do typical Pi things like groom ponies and have sex with older men.*

You know, I actually think the cover system makes sense when combined with the action divey-shooty-bullet-time mechanic that is Max Payne's bread-and-butter. God dammit, I really thought I could count this among games I was gonna skip, but this is stirring up all those fuzzy feelings I had forgotten about from the playing MP1&2.

About as warm and fuzzy as you can feel from controlling the ray of sunshine that is Max anyway ...

That looks fantastic. I don't know how anyone could talk bad about this. All the fun things about gunfights in Max Payne seem to be present and then-some, and the cover system is something I definitely support.

They had better offer a good hard mode though. In those videos the guy was retarded exposing himself to like 4 people at once from all directions, and he had time to slowly aim at each of them without dying. Pretty stupid. And speaking of that retarded joystick aiming, this is going to release on PC too right?

They had better offer a good hard mode though. In those videos the guy was retarded exposing himself to like 4 people at once from all directions, and he had time to slowly aim at each of them without dying. Pretty stupid.

This.

the game looks great, but why would anyone buy this game for PC? rockstar released 3 crappy ports in last 5 years.

Looks great. Definitely looks like a Max Payne game. Shame it got delayed, but it'll be worth the wait no doubt. Hoping the multiplayer ends up being fun!

And speaking of that retarded joystick aiming, this is going to release on PC too right?

I quote my earlier post.

"The PC version will be released on May 29 in North America, and June 1 elsewhere."

Max Payne is still one of the most fun games I ever played on my PS2, back before I had a PC, fantastic game.

That looks fantastic. I don't know how anyone could talk bad about this. All the fun things about gunfights in Max Payne seem to be present and then-some, and the cover system is something I definitely support.

They had better offer a good hard mode though. In those videos the guy was retarded exposing himself to like 4 people at once from all directions, and he had time to slowly aim at each of them without dying. Pretty stupid. And speaking of that retarded joystick aiming, this is going to release on PC too right?
I'm sure they'll (hopefully) add some kind of Max Payne Must Die mode where one bullet and you're toasted butts.

Better not ****ing make me play through the easier difficulty just to unlock it. I hate that shit.

"I had been delayed. Funny as hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of."

btw I hope they make an inside reference to the perpetual "stinky cheese" sneer from the old games ... I dunno, maybe he smells something awful during an early cutscene or something and oh my god I sound like one of those 5-post wonders who come up with the most awful Half-Life ideas

Better not ****ing make me play through the easier difficulty just to unlock it. I hate that shit.

For the hardest difficulty I am quite sure they will, at least if they stick with Max Payne tradition.

Plot and setting still look pretty iffy, but at this point it looks so fun I'll probably play it anyway.

Setting, yeah I could take it or leave it, but the plot sounds alright to me. At the very least, it's not delivered with too much of your standard Hollywood cliché, and the tone of the writing still sounds like Max Payne. Also:

Wikipedia said:
Responding to criticism regarding the decision to abandon the film noir theme of the previous games in the series, the writer for the series, Sam Lake, responded by commenting that the game would "maintain its dark and gritty origins" and that fans of the series would be "in for a surprise."
I wouldn't be surprised to see these businessmen and gangs connected to the Inner Circle somehow. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised to see them absent from the game either :p

Hey look, it's Kane & Lynch 3!

Gone off gaming a bit recently but this is definately my most anticipated title. Footage looks gorgeous. I'm guessing that's the PC version, btw.

Back