Max Payne 3

• Thread starter Deleted member 56031
  • Start date
I think I did catch a glimpse of some fun somewhere behind those nametags.

Payne Killer looks like a pretty damn fun mode if you're playing with people you know.

Yeah it sounds like a neat twist on the old king of the hill/whatever it was game mode.

In a way its pretty much what I expected from the multiplayer but in all honesty I really dont think I'm going to even touch it, I'm in it for the single player campaign and have little interested in the multiplayer.

So yeah, my experience of Max Payne goes no further than playing the first one for a couple of minutes at a friend's place, 10 years ago, and sucking at it.

Yet, watching the promo material, I know I have to buy this. I know I have to pre-purchase, which I never do, despite the fact I have no income, it's 50 euros and it's a Rockstar PC port of a RAGE engine game.

Anyone else in this stupid but enthusiastic club with me?

It's confirmed to have an "Old School" mode and a "Hardcore" difficulty. There you go Vegeta.

This game is on the Rage engine? I hope they've fixed those annoying texture buffering issues.

What does that mean though? Did they change the way health works, and old school makes it work like 1 and 2?

I'm fairly intredasted. I loved just the fun gameplay of 1and 2. Hopefully I'll have a computer that can run all this new stuff coming out soon.

Jesus. I wonder how big patches will be?

This really does look slick though, and I expect some very good performance from the engine. This can't be another GTAIV, Rockstar wouldn't be that silly.

THIRTY FIVE JIGGABYTES?! Great Scott!

docbrown-ohno.jpg

Those recommended specs are bullshit. Did they just go to newegg and find the most expensive shit? The video card I can understand, but an i7 6 core? 16 gb of ram? Bullshit.

I dunno mayne, 35 gigs probably means there's a shitload of super-high-res textures. An i7 hexcore is a little much though :V

Minimum Specs

Hard drive space: 35GB!

What the shit!

They should just give us a straight port of the 360 version instead, since that one fits onto a DVD and you can even play it straight from the disc!

They should just give us a straight port of the 360 version instead, since that one fits onto a DVD and you can even play it straight from the disc!

I know you're trolling, but that would be so arse. 360 has what, 512mb of shared memory? It boggles my mind that developers fit everything onto their compressed little DL-DVD9s. It's got to be incredibly frustrating.

Rockstar had 2 studios work on the PC port along with the core developers. They really meant it. No surprise given that they have an (almost) perfect track record in terms of the quality of the games they have ported. Also in this case, it was co-developed. Good stuff.

35gb doesn't seem like that much data anymore really. I am, however, sad that my quad core doesn't meet the dual core supposed clock speed requirement.

Not that it makes a difference--it'll run, just on medium-low.

Back in ye days, PC gamers were always shocked by requirements and yearned for the next big GPU. Pushed the hardware market. Hopefully it's actually an amazing port showcasing the contrast between the consoles and the hugely more capable upper-end gaming PC.

Just wish I had a beastly PC!

So my i7 2600k, ati 7970, and 8gb of ram will run this thing on medium? :bye:

Those recommended specs are bullshit. Did they just go to newegg and find the most expensive shit? The video card I can understand, but an i7 6 core? 16 gb of ram? Bullshit.
That poorly-formatted blurb doesn't read like a "recommended spec" and much more like a "supported range of hardware." You might need all the best shit money can buy to use max settings, but is that really what "recommended spec" means nowadays?

I hope not, because I don't have a PC hardware budget this year ...

Launch trailer. The most Max Payne-ish one yet. Nice to see the dialog is still delightfully melodramatic.

But you can't even get tane.us on consoles. PC wins again. In fact I'm going to be having tons of fun on tane.us while you console plebeians are stuck with your boring old earlier access to Max Payne 3.

Doesn't even look that good anyway stupid awesome-looking bullet time and narrative style

We'll see who is laughing when tane.us comes standard as a replacement for the startup on the Playstation 4, requiring a complete run through each time before allowing access to the XMB's new replacement, the TMB.

I am still trying to decide whether to pre-purchase the game on Steam when you still get extra (giftable) copies of Max Payne 1 and 2, wait to see if one can get keys cheap through Green Man Gaming or wait until retail release and hope that some prick cancels his order of the Special Edition for PC so I can ****ing pick that up.

I didnt get max 1+2 in my gift box? Do I need to claim them or something?

I didnt get max 1+2 in my gift box? Do I need to claim them or something?
They should be right there in your library once you've purchased/claimed MP3, although there is no mention of them on the game receipt/gift notification.

Max Payne 3 confirmed game of the year purely by the fact that CVG are a bunch of retarded casuals and their review can be summed up in two words. Spoilered for curse words.

uHdz

Max Payne 3 - 4/10, too much content, has some level of challenge

Don't worry the internet will complain about it and they'll release some DLC that removes the last four hours.

The critics seem to be loving it for the most part, if the scores say anything. Though I'm not reading reviews because I don't want (more) locales and game mechanics spoiled. Very psyched.

edit: my stupid wandering eyes went to the CVG review bullet points in question, and they seem to criticize exactly what I like about Payne/Rockstar games. Everyone else is saying best game of the year, just about.

CVG said:
Why so serious, though? Remedy's Max Payne games were moody and hard-boiled, sure, but there was a surreal edge, and a tongue-in-cheek sense of humour. Max's tortured film noir metaphors were intentionally overwrought, and there were moments of brilliant insanity, like the trip through the Address Unknown amusement park. Rockstar's Max has none of this. They've stripped away all the subversive humour, and it has very little charm as a result. The first two games had hints of the supernatural and the mythic, and a dreamlike apocalyptic tone; all gone in favour of a straight tale of revenge and conspiracy.
This makes me sad. Probably still going to buy it at some point though.

Back