Melee?

Mutley

Tank
Reaction score
I've been playing Verses a lot, I'm enjoying how well balanced it is but the only grudge I have is the Melee.

In hordes of Zombies, it's too easy just to Melee spam the horde and end it without even a single scratch on you.

Playing as Hunter, it also makes it really hard to attack players who continuously Melee, I attack from behind usually but this chance doesn't come up too often. You get stunned by them, completely useless and end up being beaten to death.

It would be better (in my opinion) if the Melee did far less damage, so they'd have to stop Meleeing to shoot their guns (giving the hunter and zombies a chance to actually do some damage).

Some sort of fatigue mechanic mayhaps in relation to bunting?

It would be cool but I think what the game excels at is simplicity, having another meter to view is taking away from that.

Slowing the melee move would be a good option though.

I dunno though. Melee is kinda essential to get through the zombie hordes.

Melee spam is okay in Campaign, but not too much in Versus. I think there can be a cut down in melee power in versus, but not in campaign.

Melee pissed me off in Versus yesterday
I wqas a survivor and a dude kept hitting us with Boomer Vomit with no boomer being around and killed like 2 of us
Dudes name was like LSDWolf
When we finally kill the ****er he's a Hunter not a boomer we were all like "WTF"
When I was a Hunter he kept Meleeing me and killed me in 1 shot about 2 times and when the game was over it showed him doing like 870 damage
This may be a rant but still the Melee is a bit much

Um, Kenji....I don't think you read the OP at all, did you?

Melee spamming isn't quite fun in versus. Makes it very tough to get anybody as a hunter, and the zombies don't do enough damage. Though, the devs did say that the game was for human vs human, while the zombies are just there for a bit of excitement and help.

The more I think about it...there are times when I get affected by "fatigue" type thing happening. No meter or anything, but I'd hold down the button, and after 5-10 swings, I'd slow down to a swing every 3 seconds....was weird, it's in one of my gameplay vids on youtube, if you want to check em out.

The more I think about it...there are times when I get affected by "fatigue" type thing happening. No meter or anything, but I'd hold down the button, and after 5-10 swings, I'd slow down to a swing every 3 seconds....was weird, it's in one of my gameplay vids on youtube, if you want to check em out.

I noticed this too, but not very often.

Seems fine to me, except in situations where everyone can be held up in a corner, like finales or mini finales.

Back