Mesh does Half-life Videos

M

Mack

2 months ago I put up a video of Mesh playing Doom3, it was very popular and eventually spawned 5 videos that were watched by thousands of people. The thing is Mesh is very scared of suspenseful games so I thought it would be fun to do some Half-life ones :)

Anyway the first video is now available from our web site Mack and Mesh We took a slightly different approach with the Half-Life videos, we tell more of the story of the game and capture more of the action than we did with the Doom ones.

Anyway I hope you enjoy them and remember they are just a bit of fun and totally genuine and unscripted.

Those videos where super-great! I´m reallt looking forward too seing these vids now!

Hahaha, I'd like to see him play through Ravenholm :naughty:

Haha, I've seen the Doom 3 ones before, the new HL2 one is really funny. Trying to bottle the guy and thinking there's a sea monster in the water :p

RoyaleWithCheese said:
I'd like to d/l but 85 meg is too much for a short laugh
It's 18 minutes long by the way.

Downloading now :)

i seen the doom 3 ones, there was so much buzz about them

cos they were freaking great

edit: nice webpage

I knew you guys would do it! Those were gold. Mesh is brave for doing those things in the dark when he really is afraid. :]

GREEEEAAAATT NEWS !!!

The Doom 3 videos were so entertaining to watch, I can't believe that you're making H-L 2 movies now. Downloading right now !!! Can barely wait ! =D

And hey, thanks so much for putting me in the credits in the final Doom 3 vid. Appreciate it extremely !

This gets my seal of approval. He TOTALLY freaks out at the manhacks. :p

lol - can't wait till we see him play Ravenholm.........

I SO enjoy watching this :D. I just love Mesh´s comments and reactions.
BTW, are your the one in the background right?

lol that guy shits himself.. plz make the next vid him doing ravenholm in the dark

Yes Mack is the guy in the background, he sits there to encourage me, also to laugh at me :p

About Ravenholm, we filmed that today and that video will be ready sometime in the near future, so keep checking www.mackandmesh.com :)

Thanks for the good feedback :cheers: we enjoyed making the doom ones so much, and we promised to do Half Life aswell so here we are!

- Mesh

i want to see him play ravenholm in the dark, dude oh my god he is literally going to shit his pants.

Why did Alyx bend over Gordon like that after she had killed the metrocops? That didn't happen to me.

THAT WAS FUNNY!
that is bye far the best half-life 2 video i've seen!
congrats on the movie!

The_Monkey said:
Why did Alyx bend over Gordon like that after she had killed the metrocops? That didn't happen to me.

Strange, it should have... what happened then?

Your Doom3 Videos convinced my wife and sister to allow me to buy Doom3 (I have to ask, poor me). Will watch HL2 one and if good, will post in other forums.

Ravenholme will be the 3rd video, we have another one to release first. BTW we plan to release a new Video every Friday until the game is complete. :)

we11er said:
Strange, it should have... what happened then?
¨
Well, I heard that she said "Dr Freeman, I presume...", and when I could move again she stood right next to me.

Sneak hl2.net into one of the videos. ;) Like a printout on the wall or something.

any big spoilers in it? New comp on the way so no HL2 yet...

what do you do in your movies then?
i might watch them as they are made every week :p

There is footage of the game pretty much all the way through the video, if you haven't played the first few levels of the game it may be wise to wait until you have. I will try to get a list of which levels that this video covers.

Since you make a good point, I think we will make sure that we detail in the description of the download, exactly which parts of the game I am playing, so as not to spoil the experience for others

ROFL!!

Never seen a guy so impressed by a broken bottle.

Best laugh i've had in ages, top stuff.

Wow, never heard of this, I'll have to download the doom ones :thumbs:

If you look close at the start of the video you will see this website, it's on during the Steam unlocking game files :)

Classic, very well put together video and website. Thats exactly what I was like at the start (throwing stuff at combine and running away), good laugh, I'll have to watch the dooms ones now.

I´m watching this again and it ocurred to me that this is the way i plaed the game (without the i-almost-shit-my-pants reactions :D). Like the comment on diffused reflections, and the phone tossing.

I REALLY like watching this :D, not only becuse englishmen are cool, but it makes you think twice about how YOU played the game. I think alot more people would appreciate the game if they played it like mesh :D.

Back