Metro 2033 Problems

IronicBob

Reaction score
I've been playing through Metro 2033 again to try and get the super happy ending where everyone can be friends and dance the night away. I think I got a decent amount of moral good things, but when I got to the library I began going through gas masks really quickly for no reason, meaning I died of not breathing, meaning I had to reload at Polis and lose all of my loveliness points. Is all of the asphyxiation supposed to happen, or is there a glitch?

If your mask breaks from taking too much damage, yes you will die. If you run out of filters, you will die. The latter happened to me because I didn't buy enough filters (you apparently have to buy all you will need at the first shop). You can elongate the duration of a filter almost indefinitely by doing the pain in the ass tactic: take the mask off, get close to asphyxiation and put it back on, take it off immediately and repeat.

I wanted to get this ending but I had a hard time getting through certain sections without killing anyone (Which I was told is a prerequesite for the ending.) :(

How'd you manage that, IronicBob? You use a guide or just trial and error?

I used a guide for that ending...some things are more hidden than others. But nothing on the list is actually hard to do.

Thanks, I generally only check out GameFAQs guides myself so, probably wouldn't have found that guide on my own.

Maybe I didn't have enough filters - I couldn't really read the icon showing how many filters you had, and I hoarded a bunch of the military-grade ammo for the stealth suit.

I wanted to get this ending but I had a hard time getting through certain sections without killing anyone (Which I was told is a prerequesite for the ending.) :(

How'd you manage that, IronicBob? You use a guide or just trial and error?
You can kill anyone and still get it. You can't loot bodies you find that aren't of your own making though, which sucks.

If your mask breaks from taking too much damage, yes you will die. If you run out of filters, you will die. The latter happened to me because I didn't buy enough filters (you apparently have to buy all you will need at the first shop). You can elongate the duration of a filter almost indefinitely by doing the pain in the ass tactic: take the mask off, get close to asphyxiation and put it back on, take it off immediately and repeat.

I remember trying to find the filter store at EVERY stop, I finally couldnt go on because the game wouldnt even let me swap masks with corpses, leaving me hopelessly trying at every corpse and listening to the wheezing

I remember trying to find the filter store at EVERY stop, I finally couldnt go on because the game wouldnt even let me swap masks with corpses, leaving me hopelessly trying at every corpse and listening to the wheezing
Did you shoot them in the head? I'm pretty sure that destroys their gas mask if you do.

Did you shoot them in the head? I'm pretty sure that destroys their gas mask if you do.

They were already dead, youre supposed to be able to switch masks with them most of the time. I tried every time, it didnt work

I'm not 100% but I think the only ones you can switch with are the ones you find on already dead bodies (dead when u find them).

Back