MGS4 on XBox 360??

That would be one hard hit to the PS3 if it did indeed happen.

It was bound to happen sooner or later, but the PS3 will get it first and for at least a year or so before the X360 is my guess. Also, the PS3 will end up getting the definitive version in the end if this follows previous MGS games.

Konami have already said publicly that they have no plans to bring MGS4 to the X360.

Konami have already said publicly that they have no plans to bring MGS4 to the X360.

Actually what they said was "They had no plans AS OF NOW". So like Icarus said it can come out a year later :|

Actually what they said was "They had no plans AS OF NOW".
They all have to say that. But, of course, there are going to be far fewer 100% exclusives this round due to the increasing cost of developing a next-gen game. Kind of sucks really, that was the only real reason to get one system over the other--the games! Oh well. If both consoles have the same games, then the only thing it comes down to is money (since performance will likely not be an issue between the two). In my mind, neither system is cheap enough or chock full of great games enough to warrant my hard-earned cash (yet). 2007 and its games and price cuts will net me a sweet system though...maybe two. :E

(I am excluding the Wii here because it is in a glorious class of its own.)

if this is true, then ps3 is totally own3d by x360.

If they got this and VF5 I wouldn't even look at a ps3 again.

Would be a great way to reach a wider audience, I don't know anyone personally with a PS3. It would be a damn shame for one of Kojima's works to be unrecognized because sony doesn't know how to market a game console.

Would be a great way to reach a wider audience, I don't know anyone personally with a PS3. It would be a damn shame for one of Kojima's works to be unrecognized because sony doesn't know how to market a game console.
It's less of a marketing problem, and more of an ignorance/cockiness/infeasability-of-development problem.

Yes pleaseums. This is about the only game I'd beg for a crappy port of.

Tbh, I hate Sony as much as the next guy, but does anyone really wanna see M$ dominate another market? Sooner or later people will have to have "property of Microsoft" branded on their asses at birth. Hopefully Nintendo will remain a big player in the console market, they haven't had an easy time of it of late, but maybe the Wii will change all of that.

Back