Microphone sounds like shit, while good in non-Source programs/games

Dinnesch

Space Core
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a problem getting my mic to work properly in Steam and Source games.
When I try it out in Audacity/Windows sound recorder the sound is very crisp and at a perfect level, but once I try it in Steam/TF2/L4D2 the volume gets way to low and the sound gets very 'blurry'.

Already tried googling this, but it only brought me threads about people not getting it to work at all.

I'm using a C-Media USB Headphone Set sound card, because the drivers of my motherboards' integrated card are very buggy.(I disable the integrated one every time I switch to the USB one)

Anyone have a idea on how to fix this?

No Idea. The only voice chatting ive ever done was the good old days of dedicated servers on Modern Warfare

Yes. In source games my microphone is crapped. But out-game is in incredible quality. I thought Valve is a bit lazy

If you have no idea, why respond just to say so? Stop being a postcount whore.

Anyways, gone through the basics, mic boost on, does the test mic preview sound the same or not?

If you have no idea, why respond just to say so? Stop being a postcount whore.

Hahahaha.

This thread is 8 months old. Dinnesch obviously doesn't have the problem anymore or he would be still asking for help. Why necro this old thread when you're not helping anyone? Stop being a postcount whore.

Postcount++

I am curious as to how Dinn fixed it though. I wonder if the new mic system would have fixed it anyways.

Back