miniatures????

blck_prod

Reaction score
I love the new graphic style...
Finally a no-realism game...Why always this drive for ultra-realism?
If I need reality I go outside...

I applaud this daring descission.

But my real question is:
Will the maps be like homes and all the characters are toys? Al little bit like micro-machines some years ago.
Wouldn't it be Cool if you're character is like 15cm high.
You'd have to duck behind the toaster and parachute from the kitchen table.
Run on a keyboard and see, jump over a computermousse...slide down from the electrical cable.
...Receive assignments like conquer the kitchen...Retrieve Sgt pepper from the closet...Defrost Cpt Freeze from the freezer...
Build a rocket from all-day objects...

Man that would be Cool...wouldn't it???

That's what I thought o_0

The plug in the official shot is pretty big.

If it is like you said I shall shit myself (in joy).

I wouldn't like it if the entire game was like that. There wouldn't be enough diversity in the maps if you were just toy soldiers. I really can't see the game going that route anyway.

There's always the rats series of maps though, if you really want to play a toy soldier.

Will the maps be like homes and all the characters are toys? Al little bit like micro-machines some years ago.
Wouldn't it be Cool if you're character is like 15cm high.
You'd have to duck behind the toaster and parachute from the kitchen table.
Run on a keyboard and see, jump over a computermousse...slide down from the electrical cable.
...Receive assignments like conquer the kitchen...Retrieve Sgt pepper from the closet...Defrost Cpt Freeze from the freezer...
Build a rocket from all-day objects...
Man that would be Cool...wouldn't it???

Yeah, that would be very cool imo.

And I agree with you that not every game has to be ultra realistic. I'd much rather have fun than be amazed about how accurate the bullet drop is.

AAARRRGGGHHH!

ITS CALLED EXAGGERATION. Its a very common thing in cartoons/cartoon-ish things. Notice the scale of the whole room; The baseboard goes to their ankles, the plug is a little above that, the radio is at chest level, and the bell is a little above their head. Its all in the right place, its just the scale of certain objects and features are exaggerated.

Exactly. It's exaggeration.

While I like the new look, I would be very disappointed if we were turned into toy soldiers. That is not what I want in my TF experience.

I think it would be, no, it is a good idea to have a cartoon style.

But erm, how exactly does TF play like? Is it similar to BF2?

I'd be real pissed if it was in the vein of a rats map.

more like Enemy Territory (the original)
bunny hopping combat with objective style gameplay

I never liked TFC tbh - too much of a niche game and the player base only proves that

I never liked TFC tbh - too much of a niche game and the player base only proves that

Niche? TFC was an immensely popular game for its time, and I don't mean just among the HL mod scene. It was consistenly ranked high as one of the most played online games.

No idea where it stands today, but it was never niche. =\

Back