Missing sound in hl2

McGooTheWise

Reaction score
I'm not sure why, but the sound that those walls make, the ones that lift up, and slowly crawl across the city, when they lift up they don't make that creaking noise. Is there a specific file I can copy from my ep1 folder?

Thx for any help.

yeah. :|

And it's kinda weird, when they crash the crashing sound comes about 4 seconds after they hit the ground. o_O

Oh, sounds like a variety of the stutter problem.

Please more help on this subject...? ^^ ty

and what is the stuttering problem, and how can I fix it? (almost said ficks... Hah...)

if its only that i wouldn't worry about it. they dont move often.

lol I guess you can try to reinstall the game,
but then you would lose ur save files.

check the steam suport page over at steamgames.com

Just copy your save files elsewhere before reinstalling.

Ohh my god... I just uninstalled it, I got to reinstall and the damn server's too busy. OHH ME GEWD! ><

Wtbs...

okay, this is weird. Look at this.

hl2errorna3.png

It shows I'm on steam, but steam wants me to log in again. The preping for download gets about half way, then stops, and that pops up. After I do that and retry it gets a 4th way, and it tells me the network's too busy. :|

Perhaps a firewall is interfering with your connection. Or you could run a spyware check.

I already did all that. I restarted my computer, and I disabled all my firewalls. None of my virus checks found any serious bugs. I dunno what could be wrong with it. I'm gonna go look at steam powered.com.

I have only HL2, but not Eps2, and yeah, The Combine's Crushing Walls are a major problem because the Script for the sound-allocation ISN'T present at all in the Scripts folder, and the sounds themselves DON'T exist in the sounds folder at all, either.

When I run the game in 'Developer 2' mode, I get this error as a message about the sound-problem for the Crushing walls:

* No such sound E3_C17_02.GateGrindsDown2
input combine_crusherwall1_ss: combine_wallcrush1_scrape.PlaySound()
CSoundEmitterSystemBase::GetParametersForSound: No such sound E3_C17_02.GateGrindsDown1 *

I'm a sound engineer, so I made my own sound-files, but I don't know anything about scripting so as to properly allocate what triggers them (Do I make my own sound folder, or do they belong in one that doesn't exist...yet? If so, where do I put the folder?)

So, if any of you can help me with this, then please write to me at: [email protected]. Thanks!

July 14th, 2007

Back