Mod just starting need's Experiance

G

Giest

The mod im about to show you is a SAFPS "Survival Action First Person Shooter" And yep it has zombies -.<'. But please respond.

Necro Earth. "Dead earth"

Synopsys: The world has turned for the worst, eaverything and eaverybody has gone insain. No one can do any thing to stop the insanity that pleags the world... Now the last standing governments "U.S.A,GB,Russia,Japan,Austailia,Germany" Are pitted agienst the odds as over a quarter of the human population is now zombies, On top of that there are all kinds of creatures that crave man flesh. The governments are pitted agienst eachother for food,Oil,munitians and all other rare resorcess.. but the question is... Can you survive?.

Features

Classes

Military:
Medic: Starts with, Desert Eagle,HK-MP5K,eight medical kit's, Military ruck sack.

rifleman: Starts with, M4a2,miltary vest,Four HE frag grenaids, Military ruck sack.

Light Machine gunner: Starts with, M240 Bravo,Military vest,Two HE frag grenaids, Military ruck sack.

Sniper: Starts with 7.62 rifle systom,Military vest, One HE frag grenaid, Military ruck sack.

Special Forces: starts with,SCAR "Special Forces Combat Assault Rifle",Military vest, two C4 charges.

Cavilion
S.W.A.T.: Starts with, MP-5,Glock 9MM, S.W.A.T vest, tactical back back.

Police: Strats with, Kevlar vest,12. gauge Pump action shotgun, berreta 9MM,Back pack.

Survivor: 20.gauge one round fed,.357 Compact,1 medical kit,two Maltov coctails,Back pack.

Weapons
.38 Revolver
Thompson SMG
Mp-5
UMP-7
HK-MP5K
Glock 9MM
Berreta 9MM
.357 Compact
Desert Eagle
1911 Colt 45. Caliber
M4a2 Assault rifle
M16a1 Assault rifle
XM8 Assault rifle
AK-74
AK-47
Doble berraled Shotgun
20. gauge one round fed.
12. gauge Pump action shotgun
Grenaid launcher
SCAR Special forces Combat Assault Rifle
Jack hammer automatic Shotgun
7.62 Sniper system
berret 50. Caliber ACP
RPG
Javlin rockit launcher
AT4 Rockit launcher
Browning 50.Cal machine gun
M240 Bravo Light Machine Gun
E.I.D.W (Experemental Ion Driver Weapon)
Maltov Coctail.
HE Frag Grenaid.

Equipment:
flash light
Military back pack
kevlar vest
S.W.A.T. vest
Military vest
H.I.R.A.A "Hazourdise Inviroment Recon Assault Armour"
Combat Knife
Speed loader "For revolvers"
M203 Grenaid Launcher "Can be attached to all assault rifles"
Thermal Goggals
Night vision Goggles
Drum clip "holds much ammo there will be drum clips for nearly all weapons"

Vehicals:

Police car.
Pick up truck.
Van.
Humvee.

Zombies:

Slow Zombie.
Fast Zombie.
Weapon Zombie "Can carry machete,Chainsaw,Meat cleaver,Buther knife,Sledge hammer".
Flaming Zombie "Spits fire at short distanses, is on fire".
Zombie Dogs.
Strong Zombie "Much like the slow zombie but has Extream ammounts of health".

Super creatures:

Minion: Fast, Armored and uses a long tintacle to attack.
Minion overlored: fast,Jumps really far, Has multipull tintacles to attack.
Gient Spiders:Can crawl on walls.
Gient Scorpians: Has huge striking tail that if hit by causes constant slow damege if not treated.

Meaning and explenation.:

Granted this is a multiplayer mod, the levels will be relativly huge ... but thats because of the nature of this game. It is a SAFPS "Survival Action First Person Shooter" you have probly played some thing like this before. in the classes section what you start out with is by no means what you have to stay with, you'll find other weapons as you go but you have a sertan amount of space in your bag's. Each type of carring devise has it's own storedge limit. Each map will tell a small story of why it's there so it wont just be a random place. Objectives, There will be many kinds of objectives ranging from Blowing some thing up to rescuing some one and keeping him/her alive.

What we need is.
++Moddlers
++Coaders
++Level Disiners
++Sound Editors
++Consept Artist
So yes were in for the long hall of things.

If this sounds stupid or you just dont like it im all for cunstructive critasisim =). Thanks. And if you dicide to join up E-Mail me at [email protected] , Im currently creating the site and forums BTW.

You mean "coading" ?
Copy paste your post into Word before posting it, makes it look alot better.

Nice idea, but too many guns.

To manu spelling mistakes, too many guns. So little time.

No im not doing the coding... im just submiting an idea.. on top of that there are to LITTLE guns in games these days no choice.

Giest said:
No im not doing the coding... im just submiting an idea.. on top of that there are to LITTLE guns in games these days no choice.
But that amount of guns will take about five generations to finish :/
It's nice to have a large selection of weaponry, but THAT much? Overkill isn't good too :/

Seriously, people, do you just hate the english language or what? Lets go ahead and at least learn the basic tennants of this system of communication, goodness.

Analognovelist said:
Seriously, people, do you just hate the english language or what? Lets go ahead and at least learn the basic tennants of this system of communication, goodness.

Isn't it nice when they call it an Invironment Suite. They even include it in the abreviation. Speaking of which, a question for Giest. Is there a need for four types of armour:

kevlar vest
S.W.A.T. vest
Military vest

Pilo said:
Isn't it nice when they call it an Invironment Suite. They even include it in the abreviation. Speaking of which, a question for Giest. Is there a need for four types of armour:

kevlar vest
S.W.A.T. vest
Military vest

Your right there is no need for four types of armor.. But it's a "GAME" Ment for fun and to give people choices not "O you have Vest, Pistol, Smg, And Assault Rife... What about this type of gun? Nope sorry were lazy". yeah so i want to make a mod that features a BUNCH of stuff.. Why is that such a problem? it's gotten to the point where you all want the games to be so like one thing that there no fun... -_-'.

It's not really a problem but how many people are going to use all those guns?
Very few me thinks. But maybe people are used to having so few things to choose from. And really it depends on the types of games you can play in this too, because surely certain guns would perfrom better in certain environments.

ambitious can work sometimes, but i'm not sure in this case...

i think you should have as many guns as on cstrike but anymore would be really confusing people would be spending ten minuets just choosing their weapons.

You should get on a mod team and see how hard it would be to make all those weapons. It's a pain in the ass making each one balanced yet different. Nevermind modeling/skinning them all. Also, take note that before you post an idea for your mod that you should check your spelling. It makes it look like you are my 10 year old brother posting, rather then a mature team leader. Good luck with your mod.

also in my opinion you should atleast learn to map if you want to start a mod team. it is so hard to get team members especialy if you cant do anything yourself.

i agree with crackhead, it sounds like from your posts that you don't know how to do any type of modding, and your just an idea's guy, but you want experienced people to join you. Experienced people are going to be put off by one of 2 things. Your spelling or lack of experience. Experienced people want to work with experienced people.

also, if your going to have so many variations of stuff, why not give them bonus's and weaknesses. Imo it seems pointless to have 4 different types of armour, just to have the option of different stuff. it'll be more fun to give each armour a weakness, and by doing that, it'll create more skill to your game. One armour could be all round strengths and weaknesses to all types of fire, but one armour could have like the best defense against fire, but has no defense against bullets or other types of attacks. Stuff like that.

Also i think you need to spice up your idea a little. It seems like your trying to make your game different by just having loads of weapons. Lots of games try doing that to seem different. Also zombies... like 99% of mods out there today are about zombies :S Your trying to be different and attract experienced people to your mod right? Then at least try and seem different compared to the competition, since what do you have to offer that no other mod does? Apart from a massive work load for modders, for all them weapons, you've got nothing (imo)

gl thou imo ;) if this ever makes a release, i'd play it at some point i siuppose :D

A " SCAR Special forces Combat Assault Rifle " in the same lineup of weapons as the Thompson SMG?

You know, at least it's creative you're jumping all over history in an effort to add a twist to things.

Oh and zombies, that's a creative twist as well.

Honestly that is the worst idea I've ever heard of. No one will ever use it, ever, and you should be ashamed.

Edit - AGH THIS THREAD IS MAKING MY SPELLING INTO PILES OF TURD

lol that was a little harsh. but to be honest i didnt read the huge post he made and it does sound quite rediculus from that you said.

ok to the mod creator, a swat vest is a kevlar vest... just thought you should know, idea sounds interesting, but there are other mods with almost the exact same plot

imo for an idea like this... why not wait until a zombie modis released, then get permission to mod that with new weapons. Then make a few maps. it will be a much easier job, and you can even grab people from that mod's fan base to help you make it. Stand a better chance that way :D

Nagash said:
imo for an idea like this... why not wait until a zombie modis released, then get permission to mod that with new weapons. Then make a few maps. it will be a much easier job, and you can even grab people from that mod's fan base to help you make it. Stand a better chance that way :D

You can't mod a mod...

YOU CANNOT DO IT MAN!

EVM (Evolution Mod) is a mod of ESF (Earths Special Forces) for one :) and loadsa ppl use HL2DM as a base... easy enough if you know the right people, or the mod decides to stop production and lets people download content for them to continue making the mod :) Suppose it's more Modding a TC than a Mod, but u know what i mean ;)

Not practically, or legally.

If you take the code from a pre-existing mod (however you end up with it), then it's completely irrelevant what you add, because no one really cares. If they do, then it's going to split the fan base of that mod in half.

I doubt any sensible mod developer would freely release their code to someone else to make a continuation of their own work.

Pesmerga said:
Not practically, or legally.

Technically, it wouldn't be illegal, considering that (if you read the sdk release) you cannot patent a mod/map/etc. that was made with or for the sdk/source engine.

Pesmerga said:
I doubt any sensible mod developer would freely release their code to someone else to make a continuation of their own work.

Now, I agree with that.:thumbs:

Firkat54 said:
Technically, it wouldn't be illegal, considering that (if you read the sdk release) you cannot patent a mod/map/etc. that was made with or for the sdk/source engine.

Its pretty fuzzy ground. If you claim the work as your own, its plagiarism. If you don't, you're probably safe.

Is it ethical? Not at all.

-Angry Lawyer

Back