Modification News: 15th February

Chris D

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Somme Valley - New Weapon Models

The Somme Valley, a World War I modifcation for Half-Life 2 has just started posting renders of their new weapon models. These are thanks to their newest modeller Mitlancer. You can view all three of the new weapon models, including the Mauser C-96, Mauser Gewehr 1898 and the 1915 Stick Grenade here.

Swiftmod Update

The development lead for Swift, nexflo, has contacted me about their upcoming Half-Life 2 modification. They have only just started making their presence in the community aware and would like you all to know a bit about the mod. Read below.

The multinational Pharma company swift limited, has been developing and producing illegal biochemical agents. Those substances were sold to individuals and third world countries offering the highest price for it. Till now swift limited has been out of the officials spotlight, by operating at remote locations, blackmailing government officials, and having an elite security division on there pay list.

Recently one of there biochemical agents escaped there high security labs. One of there researchers was infected inside the lab, without his knowing, and carried the agent out of the labs.

His body was found 48 hours later in his apartment in a small town. Swift ltd’s task force cleaned up every evidence at the researchers apartment, and made the death look like an accident. But soon more people died…. swift ltd realised that the researcher must have had contact with other people, and infected them. As the biochemical agent was not airborne, (meaning it had to be transmitted by touch) swift limited decided to remove every evidence of the virus....

A very intriguing story line there but just so you can get more of a feel about the mod they have also released some excellent concept pictures in their gallery. The team are also looking for some modellers so if "you feel the urge to waste your time on a mod" it might as well be Swift.

More news later.

Hopefully, in addition to being good, their mod will be edited for grammar as well.

Am I the only one that thinks "Resident Evil Ripoff" when I read the story...?

Zakat: maybe, but other people take a closer look at the site before posting comments ;)

http://swiftmod.com/worddev.html

Definetly not gonna be anything Resident Evil related, just coz there is a virus, doesnt mean its RE?!?! If I'd mention a shark, would it be a Jaws ripoff?

take care

Back