Mods?

pretz

Reaction score
how come there is no apparent mod list anywhere? am i just missing it? please help heh...

hl2.net is now my homepage, keep up the good work munro and co.

Our mod section will be up soon (Thursday/Friday) we are just collecting all the data on them :)

very good, thanks for the quick response as well as friendliness!

cant really make them yet, valve is still keeping its code and editors private.

whats the engine called that Valve is using for the game?

Source is their engine (they made it, didn't lease another). Hammer is the map (and soon to be mod) editor.

im an idiot.....i said mods, but what i really meant was like moderator.......so when he said he was collecting data, i thought he meant he was like hiring people

so what i really want to know is how can we see who is moderating? heh

Originally posted by synth
cant really make them yet, valve is still keeping its code and editors private.

As a mod leader, I have to say you are incorrect on that.

There is a lot of work to go into a mod...

- Concept first of all which needs to be thought out. Almost every detail to a mod should be thought out before production starts... Mods have failed where they are on a general area (i.e. Special Forces) as compared to a storyline, potential map environments, teams, etc.

- Team is what you need in order to actually start production on your mod. This can be the hardest part of any mod making is actually finding talented mappers, modelers, coders, sound gurus, etc. to actually commit to your idea. If your mod is on... let's say.. Modern Warfare ;) you also want people that know what they are talking about in terms in achieving your goals in development (i.e. making it realistic within the limitations of a computer game). For example, I am in the Canadian Army Reserves (do the exact same thing as full time guys, only part time) so I know what I am talking about and can plan accurately the Army aspect of my mod.

- Models can be made in the mean time. Not just creating the model, but it also has to be skinned and animated as well. For now however, they should not be animated until the release.

- Sounds can also be made...

Other areas, such as mapping and coding will have to wait for the game release so that you have actually something to test on. I am not sure if the new Hammer will be able to open the old rmf or map files used in HL because from the screenshots of Hammer, they use a 'vmf' file type.

That is just my 2 cents!

:cheers:

Originally posted by pretz
im an idiot.....i said mods, but what i really meant was like moderator.......so when he said he was collecting data, i thought he meant he was like hiring people

so what i really want to know is how can we see who is moderating? heh
i've only seen munro the admin, and two supermoderators.

Myself, Kuros and Mamu are the moderators, Munro is the administrator.

actually Argyll, i do believe it's going to be backward compatable in some form -- as they did mention porting the HL mods to HL2.

on the staff page on halflife2.net there are 2 people incluse me and you got 3 thats 3 people for the website.

Back