Moore talks 'The Thing'

Asknoone

Reaction score
http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/963/963830p1.html

"Well, it's not a remake," he says. "It's really a companion piece to the Carpenter version. We're telling the story of the Norwegian camp that found the Thing before the Kurt Russell group did, so it's very buried in the continuity [and] it's supposed to be the other story that you saw part of. So we didn't want to reinvent it. It was really much the opposite. We really wanted to have this flow seamlessly into what he did."

Can't you just, you know, leave it alone? We don't need that story.

Indeed, which is why you don't have to watch it. ;) Whilst this story isn't needed or really something I'm that that fussed about being made, I'm just glad it's not a remake. Good news in that respect.

Of course, the problem is after this movie is made. That's when I'll start to worry about him or others trying to tackle The Thing.

They'll fill it with CGI shit. :(

The Thing is such a fantastic piece of work. It is a cohesive, perfectly crafted whole that requires no elaboration, no further interpretation, no re-evaluation. This is stripping it apart, and shining a light in corners intentionally darkened.

They'll fill it with CGI shit. :(

This is the only thing I'm worried about I'm one of the few that would love another THING movie, but I would prefer if they tried the same gruesome animatronics and puppetry approach the Carpanter movie did.

I'm kind of confused. Was a previous edition of this movie directed by David Croenburg?

Lame.

I think part of what made this part of The Thing (the whole post infected encampment area) interesting is that you knew so little about what the details were.

This doesn't sound too bad, I'm sure Carpenter doesn't mind people building on his work, just not copying it like they did with The Fog and Halloween.

I'll go to see it, just so long as they don't use CGI for the alien, that would be lame.

they should change the name so nobody thinks "remake". the idea seems solid though.

Full body alien scenes CGI, close ups and alien/actor interaction animatronic. At least that's how it's done most of the time...

I'm ok with CGI aliens, this is how things are done these days after all. As long as they don't cross the line of course, like CGI dog at the end or something.

The Thing is such a fantastic piece of work. It is a cohesive, perfectly crafted whole that requires no elaboration, no further interpretation, no re-evaluation. This is stripping it apart, and shining a light in corners intentionally darkened.

agreed, it should stand alone and needs no back story than what little was presented in the carpenter version

Ah jeese of all things don't touch the thing!! It's one of the few really good scifi horror movies that doesn't have a niche appeal and hsan't got 18 sequels. Just leave it alone!!

Absolutely the cock-knocking truth. Of all the films to leave well alone, this is the one.

I will blow up if there is a government conspiracy plot twist.

Anyways, I hope that either this film gets zero attention and fails, or they will attempt to do something in respect of the original, like show the original in theaters.

^This, if they want to appeal to a new audience just put the original in theaters to show how good it is and how utterly pointless the remake is as it will no doubt be alot worse

Quite frankly I don't want a prequel, a sequel, or a remake. I would like a completely different story and setting but taking only the idea of the creature and building a new story.

Back