More HL3 Bullshit [Fixed Title]

Malleges

Headcrab
Reaction score
Hey Guys
I don't know how active this Forum still is on HL3 but I believe in this leak and as far there is no comment on this Site about it.
I'm talking right now about this photo:
https://vk.com/wall-1864312_2374
(originally uploaded to 4cdn)
It has multiple indicators on it that it could be real.
It's well showen in the Video of ValveFollower:
But what do you guys think?
I hope to get some discussion going :)

It makes me sad as hell to continually see just how many subscribers and views you can easily farm up these days just by posting about any old shit someone decides to squirt out.

"Half-Life 3 confirmed? Well, maybe..."

It was confirmed nearly four ****ing years ago, now shut up, do your research, and use some common sense for once.

/rant

It makes me sad as hell to continually see just how many subscribers and views you can easily farm up these days just by posting about any old shit someone decides to squirt out.

It was confirmed nearly four ****ing years ago, now shut up, do your research, and use some common sense for once.

/rant

This was ****ing unnecessary. I didn't expect something like this from the leader of this website.

Of course this is most likely fake but I'm actually glad that somebody posted this info here. The thing that somebody made this picture, and people found it shows that they still care about Half-Life 3.
When this sort of "leak" comes out, I really like to think for 2 minutes that it's true and get hyped despite the fact that the odds of it being legit are very slim.

This was ****ing unnecessary. I didn't expect something like this from the leader of this website.
It would be unnecessary if we didn't have this kind of nonsense brought up every other week for over seven years. Enough is enough. We get it.

Of course this is most likely fake but I'm actually glad that somebody posted this info here. The thing that somebody made this picture, and people found it shows that they still care about Half-Life 3.
Of course people still care about Half-Life 3, otherwise people wouldn't make up these crap leaks every few weeks or months.

When this sort of "leak" comes out, I really like to think for 2 minutes that it's true and get hyped despite the fact that the odds of it being legit are very slim.
Why get yourself excited ahead of obvious disappointment? Just be patient and wait. <- That's why I keep getting frustrated at these "rumours". If you keep trying to believe every single leak that comes out (no matter how badly constructed it is), you're just setting yourself up for the REAL disappointment when the game is finally revealed and your expectations are so astronomically high the game will seem way worse than you've hoped for, even if it looks like the greatest game ever made.

There's something ironic to me about complaining about views/subscribers in the same thread where you took a new user and acted like they just crapped on the floor. Even if the leak is fake, it got this dude excited enough to register and post here. That's a good thing. You can point out the flaws in the leak without being dismissive and rude.

I mean, what are you gonna do when the HL3 hype machine starts winding up and you get dozens, if not hundreds of these guys in here?

It's obvious that Valve are more than determined to prevent another 'leak' scenario.

There's something ironic to me about complaining about views/subscribers in the same thread where you took a new user and acted like they just crapped on the floor. Even if the leak is fake, it got this dude excited enough to register and post here. That's a good thing. You can point out the flaws in the leak without being dismissive and rude.
I didn't say anything against the original poster of this thread, he's fine to share whatever he likes so long as he abides by the rules of the forum (which, so far, he has).

The issues I pointed out were all in relation to the guy who runs ValveFollower. He clearly respects good production value and puts a lot of effort into his work, but videos like this kind of point out a lack of common sense or industry knowledge a person should have before attempting to critically comment on stuff like this. That, or he knows it's 100% fake and wants to try and fool people into watching his content when it just isn't necessary. It certainly wouldn't be the first time.

/rant
Wow, did your dad beat you when you were little? Because looks like it.

Wow.... What a nice place to ask Half-Life Stuff ..... (not...)
I only ask for some nice discussion and was named a fake leaker....
Maybe I just should leave this Forum and delete my account
Not gonna post anything ever again ..... PROMISE
So Omnomnick won't have to see a Half-Life releated topic in a Half-Life forum again :)

Not gonna post anything ever again ..... PROMISE
So Omnomnick won't have to see a Half-Life releated topic in a Half-Life forum again :)
I was thinking the same thing because of him when I joined. Try to ingnore him because he has some issues I guess. :D
And I dont understand why other staff members allow him to do that, because he is a freaking content creator?

Did you even read what I wrote only half an hour before you posted that?

I didn't say anything against the original poster of this thread, he's fine to share whatever he likes so long as he abides by the rules of the forum (which, so far, he has).
I'm frustrated at the content you posted, not the fact you posted it. (As are all the other people who agreed with my comment).

I was thinking the same thing because of him when I joined. Try to ingnore him because he has some issues I guess. :D
And I dont understand why other staff members allow him to do that, because he is a freaking content creator?
I'm not sure what "issues" you're referring to, but they must also apply to everyone who agreed with what I was saying and all of the staff who feel the same way. Believe me, if you'd been here for as long as we have and seen even half the repetitive, nonsensical "leak" shit over the past seven years, you'd understand. I don't have anything against either you or Malleges, so don't take it personally.

I'm not sure what "issues" you're referring to, but they must also apply to everyone who agreed with what I was saying and all of the staff who feel the same way. Believe me, if you'd been here for as long as we have and seen even half the repetitive, nonsensical "leak" shit over the past seven years, you'd understand. I don't have anything against either you or Malleges, so don't take it personally.
First, I do agree what you say about these "leaks" on some level (and most other things). The thing is how you say it. It looks like you hate most of the people and want them to f*** off. It just doesnt look like you were actually lead content creator...

Aand Second, I know you dont have anything personal against us (well maybe that we are pretty new here on the forums?).

But maybe not post in these threads if you cant put it nicely?

Aand Second, I know you dont have anything personal against us (well maybe that we are pretty new here on the forums?).
I like having new people on the forums.

But maybe not post in these threads if you cant put it nicely?
My responses are an act of frustration. Putting them "nicely" would be dishonest.

But you Scare Members like Vi-Pe said.
You must be so dam frustraded, that you act like this.
It was a very little chance that this "leak" was real. So I thought that you guys could help me out because I was unsure about it and thought it should be mentioned in such a forum (at least as fake .) (Like I questioned :
But what do you guys think?
I hope to get some discussion going :)
)

I like having new people on the forums.

My responses are an act of frustration. Putting them "nicely" would be dishonest.

Omnomnick, i agree with your arguments but you can indeed be less aggressive in the way you put them. You can simple explain why you think they are fake in a more nice way? I understand your frustration but you could at least try not "explode" :)

Omnomnick, i agree with your arguments but you can indeed be less aggressive in the way you put them. You can simple explain why you think they are fake in a more nice way? I understand your frustration but you could at least try not "explode" :)
Trust me, that was far from an "explosion". But sure, I can explain in a more "calm" manner. It's fake as hell and we've seen this thing a thousand times before.

Trust me, that was far from an "explosion". But sure, I can explain in a more "calm" manner. It's fake as hell and we've seen this thing a thousand times before.

I know that (as i said, i agree)... but
simply does not appear a right way to put things. I know that this "leaks" happens almost every month, but i think that it's more reasonable to explain to people why they shouldn't trust in certain informations and informers. Simply say "that's a lie now shut up" won't make them believe less in this leaks, only feel offended. Also, (if you don't agree what i'm saying) think on Valve Time's reputation. I truly like your work: good site news, accurate information, news on time (sometimes) with no crappy speculation or unnecessary hype surrounding Half-life 3 only to get new members. But i can also see why a new member can stay with a bad perspective of Valve Time if they feel offended by one of their staff.

Last edited:
I didn't say anything against the original poster of this thread,

No, you just popped in here, went on a self described rant about what he posted, yelled about doing proper research first, and didn't actually back up anything you said with discussion or reasoning, just vitriol. Like, I said, you basically acted like he crapped on the floor. You're more angry at the crap than the dog, but that doesn't mean you didn't just come in here and basically act super dismissive, and you weren't the only one. When trying to cultivating a growing fanbase (which you desire to do, right?), it's kind of not how I'd recommend acting. Now, you've calmed down since then and clarified your position, which is good, but first impressions are super important.

Also I wasn't just talking to you when I made that post. -smash- also had a post here that compelled me to respond, but he seems to have deleted it since I made my post, so while that was nice of him, it makes my post look like I'm targeting you directly when I was actually referring to multiple people

And on an unrelated tangent, are you genuinely that frustrated about fake leaks? Another forum I frequent we just point out how these leaks are flawed and have a good laugh about them. (the "Guns On Us" leak was pretty funny) I figured you guys would be into exposing them as fakes around here, given how into researching stuff you have demonstrated yourselve to be. We try to keep up on them and I only see a one or two every few months and it hasn't been terribly hard to catch up. Do you just get more sent in via your news channels or something?

EDIT: And like I said earlier, how are you going to react when people start talking more and more about HL3 and we actually do see an increase of people talking about this stuff?

No, you just popped in here, went on a self described rant about what he posted, yelled about doing proper research first, and didn't actually back up anything you said with discussion or reasoning, just vitriol.
Read what I said again. I'm sure you'll notice the final line about doing some research and using common sense was in response to the presenter's ridiculous intro during the opening seconds of the video, NOT to this thread. I stand by it - I said nothing against the original poster.

I didn't plan on posting (i never do) but this thread replies really made me quite sad.
We all know and have beared with this for seven years, why the hell care to be angry anymore? Totally uncalled for.
He just wanted to point out the content exists, and he did the right job at the community.
I'm sorry, but i speak the truth.

Read what I said again. I'm sure you'll notice the final line about doing some research and using common sense was in response to the presenter's ridiculous intro during the opening seconds of the video, NOT to this thread. I stand by it - I said nothing against the original poster.

Read what I said again. I specifically mentioned you have since clarified what your meant and that it was a good thing for you to have done that. (Much like -smash- deleting his post) The bit about first impressions and all that, though? People aren't mind readers here; they aren't going to know the intimate details of your short and ambiguously stated rants. Especially new users. If you had engaged him in conversation (the discussion and reasoning I mentioned) it likely wouldn't have been necessary to clarify in the first place.

And that still doesn't negate that you came in here acted like the OP crapped on the floor. You took a thread where a user posted a video for discussion and basically treated the video's existence like it is an affront to common decency. Like, I get you have a grudge against poorly researched videos given the amount of work you guys do, but do you really think ranting about it in front of a new user was a good idea? Or conducive to retaining or attracting users?

If you want to dismantle a fake, then dismantle it. Educate the people. it's one of the things news organizations do. Show them why its fake; show them how to see fakes for themselves. (Even -smash- had a bit of that in his deleted post) I mean honestly, between you and me, it's a hell of a lot more gratifying, IMO, than just yelling into the cloud. You guys do good stuff here - the best on the web in some cases. I'm really starting to think your attitudes are holding you back though.

He just wanted to point out the content exists, and he did the right job at the community.
Giving this kind of content a voice only helps it spread and promotes people to continue to make this kind of rubbish in the future.

If you want to dismantle a fake, then dismantle it. Educate the people. it's one of the things news organizations do.
Could've fooled me. Seems to me like most organisations would rather believe whatever you stick in front of them.

I mean honestly, between you and me, it's a hell of a lot more gratifying, IMO, than just yelling into the cloud.
I get where you're coming from, but believe me - nobody ever listens or learns.

Giving this kind of content a voice only helps it spread and promotes people to continue to make this kind of rubbish in the future.

Could've fooled me. Seems to me like most organisations would rather believe whatever you stick in front of them.

I get where you're coming from, but believe me - nobody ever listens or learns.
percy_s_jimmies_got_rustled_by_atalonbyanyothername-d5iaxoj.png

Okay, let's analyze.

Where's the source of the "leak"? Follow the leak's trail. In this case, all roads lead to a sketchy Russian social media page. Criteria 1 of 2 met for a fake.

What are the contents of the "leak"? In general, this is an obvious tryhard of a "leak". First, it tries to incorporate several obvious "clues", such as a Source 2 logo with a 2015 copyright, a changelog that references "hl3_overworld01-03", and an app name with an obscure value in it like "Half-Life 3 Alpha 060415c". Second, anyone can fake an image like this because all it takes in this case is Photoshop and/or text editor. Lastly, it's your classic picture of a dark, slightly tilted picture of a monitor. Criteria 2 of 2 met for a fake.

Sorry, but it's a fake.

Last edited:

Honestly, it was not clear. The way you have spoken, looked that you was referring to the author of the post.

Okay, let's analyze.

Where's the source of the "leak"? Follow the leak's trail. In this case, all roads lead to a sketchy Russian social media page. Criteria 1 of 2 met for a fake.

What are the contents of the "leak"? In general, this is an obvious tryhard of a "leak". First, it tries to incorporate several obvious "clues", such as a Source 2 logo with a 2015 copyright, a changelog that references "hl3_overworld01-03", and an app name with an obscure value in it like "Half-Life 3 Alpha 060415c". Second, anyone can fake an image like this because all it takes in this case is Photoshop and/or text editor. Lastly, it's your classic picture of a dark, slightly tilted picture of a monitor. Criteria 2 of 2 met for a fake.

Sorry, but it's a fake.

Of course is fake. My point is that, with your explanation, people can understand why is a fake leak. Otherwise they will continue to believe in his veracity because informers as Valve Follower have given them convincing arguments (invalid arguments, but still convincing). If you want to people stop believing in this shits, give him the arguments that prove the lie.

You guys are still "oh wow someone with an opinion, better make him feel like a shitlord" but if you go to the valve.software site, it opens up, plays harlem shake and then shows a logo for half life 3 o_O

lmao, I want to kill myself, Odessa f *cked the Gman, none of you pleb idiots get it

You guys are still "oh wow someone with an opinion, better make him feel like a shitlord" but if you go to the valve.software site, it opens up, plays harlem shake and then shows a logo for half life 3 o_O
Are you playing, bro?

I think smash knows that :p

We've certainly come a long way. In the days of being a power mod I would have nuked this thread from orbit but now I'm just happy anybody is posting at all

Back