More Left 4 Dead Demo Info

DigiQ8

Tank
Reaction score
I've just received some info from Valve's Doug Lombardi, it's not that much but he confirmed that the XBox 360 demo will have split screen option , and if you are hoping for some infected gameplay...you'll have to wait for the full game.[br]

The demo is coming early November, two weeks before the game's launch.[br][br]

P.S Happy Birthday to me.

I've just received some info from Valve's Doug Lombardi, it's not that much but he confirmed that the XBox 360 demo will have split screen option , and if you are hoping for some infected gameplay...you'll have to wait for the full game.[br]

The demo is coming early November, two weeks before the game's launch.[br][br]

P.S Happy Birthday to me.

Nnnnnnnoooooooooooo! :(

Unfortunately I have a feeling that the infected (playing them) is going to be the weak part of the game.

Need more information on the PC demo, and happy birthday :)

I'll give you your digs later.

You could also do with explaining a bit more. I assume the first comment about "waiting for the full game" refers to the 360 and the demo comment refers to the PC?

Hey happy b-day man! My GPU went out for a replacement from EVGA. Hopefully it comes back before the demo. L4D411 is having some contest saying that if you win 1st, 2nd, or third place, you get early access to the beta. Yet the contest ends on Nov 4th which leads me to believe:
  1. The demo comes out on No 6-7th.
  2. It comes out the week before release.
*Btw the Infected side will not be fun to a newbie. You let the dumb horde attack because that is what they are there for. The Infected side is more of a CS game and you have to plan more. If you play smart you will have fun. It's not a zerg rush, getting killed, then proclaiming "this side sucks!".

You could also do with explaining a bit more. I assume the first comment about "waiting for the full game" refers to the 360 and the demo comment refers to the PC?

There is a demo on the 360 and PC. VALVe have already said that the 360 demo is at Microsoft for certification.

(Just to clarify)And there will be no split screen for PC.

I have a feeling that being infected won't be as good as it sounds.

Infected looks fun and fairly tactical.

I have a feeling that being infected won't be as good as it sounds.
Some sites have said that they don't like the side because you play for 10s and then die and wait in respawn for 30s. This isn't a game like TF2, it's more of a CS game with zombies. They complain about that a lot on sites such as IGN and GameSpot. Yet on Shacknews (who are gamers) they enjoy the side. They say it's more of a CS game and you feel secure. There is no threat of the horde and it's just trying to be tactical as well knowing when to rush them. The Survivor side your always scared and are shooting zombies while running to the next checkpoint. Many reviewers will bash the side but it's mainly because:
  1. They don't have the time in the review to get good at that side.
  2. They just suck. We have all seen the press play the game and just fail to realize the horde is beating them from behind.

...This isn't a game like TF2, it's more of a CS game with zombies...
CS with zombies? So does that mean the survivors and the zombies will be killed easily?

Also hope we don't get swearing 15 year old's like on CS.

I'm pretty sure they said L4D won't support microphones because talking will "detract from the experience".

Also, I don't see the infected gameplay as anything solid. Just something to do if you're bored or something. I feel as though they're focusing mainly on the survivor's experience in this game. Being able to play as the infected is a just a courtesy.

I'm pretty sure they said L4D won't support microphones because talking will "detract from the experience".

Also, I don't see the infected gameplay as anything solid. Just something to do if you're bored or something. I feel as though they're focusing mainly on the survivor's experience in this game. Being able to play as the infected is a just a courtesy.
I think vocie chat is one of the most important things in Left 4 Dead, team play n all

CS with zombies? So does that mean the survivors and the zombies will be killed easily?

From what we have seen the survivors are pretty tough and the zombies are easy to kill (hence the unlimited respawns)

The entire Infected side are easy to kill except the Witch and Tank. You shouldn't go kamikaze if you have such low health unless the game decides to let you loose as a Tank. If you don't like an idiot, Valve included the option in the game to vote ban, kick right into the game instead of a server add-on.

Yes they did say that but now there is MIC support in the game. There will most likely be custom servers just like TF2 which don't have MIC support though. On the Infected side I would think MIC support is crucial though. Also yes, The infected side was an idea they wanted but they had to push out the actual main game first. The Infected side is more of a fun aspect of the game and is geared more to the CS competitive crowd. It's Valve and they just won't ship it out all cruddy too. :p

Voice chat with a game like this is a f*cking must.
Typing would take too long and result in the deaths of everyone.

Getting the demo for both platforms :)

Most of my friends wanna get it for 360, but I want to see how both versions compare.

Voice chat with a game like this is a f*cking must.
Typing would take too long and result in the deaths of everyone.
Yeah, but you get a list of pre-recorded voice commands like in TF2 and BF2.

Eh, I almost never use those... easier to just yell it into your mic.
But, since my mic broke, they'll have to do. :p

Aren't the voice commands all automated, like someone yelling ''I'm reloading!'' when they actually start reloading, or ''Hunter!'' if they see a Hunter approaching from a place that only they can see?

Thats what I gathered from videos, anyway.

Back