More moderators!

Reaction score
Where are the moderators on this board? I havent seen them around so much l8ly.

Anyway, im sick and tired over all this spam on the forum! I know that i been a real badass in the spamthreads, but someone have to do it and if the mods arent there...well then someone else should try to kill the spam.

I been out working for 3 days without access to internet. When i came home and saw all this shit i got kinda pissed. I really hate spam (and i think alot of you do too)

The first thing that can help to stop the spamming is to take away the postcounter (spamcounter), i only see negative thing with that.

Getting post wont make you cool, its what you post that make you cool! Remember that kids :)

Okey, let the flaming begin!

I am wondering:

who do you consider spammers?

am I in this list (and EVIL)?

because I don't consider myself a spammer....and I hope no-one thinks I am :)

Right on Majestic. Getting 1000 posts in one month is not a normal thing. Tell me one thing, why do you need 1000 posts? Custom title? I am admin for three years on my site's forums, and same thing happened to our boards, so my team and I decided to turn off post counter. Life became better after that, many people stopped with stupid topics.

It's actually 1 and a half months... but that is nit-picking... I like to think I don't spam..... and I only post stupid things in Off-Topic... and usually there just for fun, not malicious spam methinks... most of my posts are my opinions... not just posting for the sake of it. thank you

Well, I didn't see you spamming, but still, many people do. Let's take a guy, who got 300 posts in 3 days. 100 posts per day? And so on.
I even consider that I spam sometimes, because 250 posts seems too much for me in 1.5 month.

I think you are talking about guinny... he seemed to be a little spammy and sometimes insulted people. I may have made a few spam posts.... but I don't go and intentionlly spam the boards with pointless posts. guinny apologised... so guess that is ok now... but I hate it when people insult others

EVIL and Badger are OK .. almost 80% of their posts are not spam. :cheese:

I'm not so sure about some other people though ...

Yes, I like the "quality score" idea. But does this forum software support it?

Nah, no quality scores, stars, post counts, no anything. Because when there is something like that, forum becomes place where people turn into powergamers (good term in RPG), to get everything to the max. I hope admins are listening.

Originally posted by Mr.Reak
Nah, no quality scores, stars, post counts, no anything. Because when there is something like that, forum becomes place where people turn into powergamers (good term in RPG), to get everything to the max. I hope admins are listening.

I havent seen anyone agree with you :D, am I the first one ? :D, but as time goes on knowone will care bout post counts, there just bored because HL2 ent out yet :LOL:

I know who the dev.halflife2.net forums will look like now :)

No spaming, no postcounters, only the ability to make good and meaningful posts.

BTW: simmo2k3, do you quote me in your sign? :)

The tamato one ISNT SPAM! I really wanted to know damnit!

I'm still here, mainly trawling the Off-Topic boards though as reading all the same speculation over and over just isn't as fun as it used to be ;)

Originally posted by Zerimski
I'm still here, mainly trawling the Off-Topic boards though as reading all the same speculation over and over just isn't as fun as it used to be ;)

Yes, exactly, the general Disc board, is full of old news, that we've heard before, while you have to filter out the new and interesting posts...

and the off-topic topics, are a nice break from the "serious" speculation and sometimes stupidity of most of the General disc board

yeah more moderators would be great...responsible ones !
One more Q tho why can't we have Pics in sigs enabled...or has it something to do with bandwith ??

See the first thing I did was makeing myself a sig..
callenfelixdesert.jpg

Originally posted by nietzsche
I support the idea of removing the post counts. Some people mistake them for a game-score and become motivated to post spam.

To make matters worse, moderators actually welcome this behaviour by rewarding those who reach a thousand posts.

Shouldn't that be replaced with a score of quality? Remains the question who is entitled to rate others. Suggestions welcome.

Why not have a negative post-count? ;)

We need more mods that online most of the time. These idiots already flamed Apos topic about e-mails. Wow, and guinny is real comedian, isn't he? Posting fake crap...

/me raises hand for an opportunity to be a mod.

I asked Munro a while back and he said, "I'm not looking for mods at the moment but I'll let you know when I do."

Anyway... I'm here in the forums most of the day, plus I have moderator experience :)

Yes, Jager! It would be cool to have a Jager as a mod :)

if munro would be insane/nice enough to give me FTP access, i can get new skins (styles, colors) for the forums and get addons that make forums easier to use or look better :D

synth is and has been ready to help HL2NET.

I'd be happy to just have mod access for that one email thread I started. I mean, there are entire threads whose topic is "What is the email address you are using to contact gabe" and people STILL ask the EXACT same question in a thread that explicitly says "don't do this."

Check the general forum in a couple of minutes..

Someone should post a FAQ so ppl dont need to ask the same questions over and over again.

Edit: okey, there is one...been out working so i havent had time to look in the forums :)

Back