More money to pay for Hl2 ?!?!

UrmeldieMurme

Reaction score
Gamezone.de reportet, that Valve has change the EULA ( in englisch -> Final user license agreement ). That means, that Valve can require more money for hl2 from the hl2 players in the next 30 days.

The Statement from Valve:

If Valve gives you 30 days notice, they can make you pay more for HL2: Valve reserves the right to change our fees or billing methods at any time and Valve will provide notice of any such change in at least thirty (30) days advance.

Valve can change the license agreement, and if you don ot like the new agreement, you have to stop playing HL2 within 30 days.

You can not sell a copy of HL2 second hand: If you permit others to use your Account, you are responsible for their illegal or improper use by such persons. Your Account and Subscription(s) are subject to the Agreement. You may not sell or charge others for the right to use your Account, or otherwise share or transfer your Account.

More Informations and the Source can you find here !

if this is true (and i doubt it) this is scandalous. if i didnt frequent regularly a fansite i would've never known

Jebus, not another thread.

That's standard contractural wording paraphrased to sound worse than it is. Valve aren't going to force anyone to re-buy the game. This refers entirely to their monthly subscription service.

Yes. Dont over-react people.

VALVe is putting that clause in for subscription based services. That is all.

They also added a section stating that you must deliver the monies in person and have a physical done at their offices every month.

I guess you should just practice coughing.

i am poor if this happens we should go to valve hq and boycot those mofos

Valve And Steam Can Both Kiss my arse

And yes i am going to sell this when im finnished, So sue Me Valve.

ButcherBoy

UrmeldieMurme said:
Gamezone.de reportet, that Valve has change the EULA ( in englisch -> Final user license agreement ). That means, that Valve can require more money for hl2 from the hl2 players in the next 30 days.

The Statement from Valve:

If Valve gives you 30 days notice, they can make you pay more for HL2: Valve reserves the right to change our fees or billing methods at any time and Valve will provide notice of any such change in at least thirty (30) days advance.

Valve can change the license agreement, and if you don ot like the new agreement, you have to stop playing HL2 within 30 days.

You can not sell a copy of HL2 second hand: If you permit others to use your Account, you are responsible for their illegal or improper use by such persons. Your Account and Subscription(s) are subject to the Agreement. You may not sell or charge others for the right to use your Account, or otherwise share or transfer your Account.

More Informations and the Source can you find here !
well, everyone was wondering wat the little surprise to the community would be... well... SURPRISE! :thumbs:

And if I recall, gabe saying somthing to the effect of 'If we screw over our fans, we screw ourselves over'

If Valve were to use that against people who've already paid for their copy of Half-Life 2 there would be lynching and it would seriously jepordize any future business of theirs.

ButcherBoy said:
Valve And Steam Can Both Kiss my arse

And yes i am going to sell this when im finnished, So sue Me Valve.

ButcherBoy

Why would this bother Valve what so ever?

They are going to obviously offer a subscription service for additional content - you obviously arent the market they're aiming for.

JamesPicard_007 said:
If Valve were to use that against people who've already paid for their copy of Half-Life 2 there would be lynching and would seriously jepordize any future business of theirs.
..but they would make enough money to live filthily rich forever in the process

If anyone actually paid. There still is the choice of the user cancelling the license agreement with Valve.

We have been buying games with EULA agreements like this for a long time now and I havn't heard anyone complaining of a company screwing them over by using them yet. So I don't see why it will end up being any different for Valve.

PANIC FLAME VALVE GOGOGO

man people are..... :/

Whoaaa - I'm panicking so much I don't think I'll be able to sleep tonight!
(Tip: look up sarcasm in a dictionary)

Zeus said:
I'm not paying for HL2 again. Period.

and you wont have to.

People here are so plain ass thick sometimes.

The Mullinator said:
We have been buying games with EULA agreements like this for a long time now and I havn't heard anyone complaining of a company screwing them over by using them yet. So I don't see why it will end up being any different for Valve.

Really? can you tell me what other game i am unable to sell or buy 2nd hand?

Back