MORTAL KOMBAT

Oh hey.

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announces Mortal Kombat, the most brutal installment of the landmark fighting game to date for release on the Xbox 360 in 2011. Mortal Kombat is being developed by the newly re-named NetherRealm Studios, led by Mortal Kombat creator and creative director Ed Boon.

The newest chapter of the iconic fight franchise marks a triumphant return to the series’ mature presentation and a reinvention of its classic 2D fighting mechanic. Driven by an all new graphics engine, the fan favourite Fatality is back and presented in more gory detail than ever before. In addition, Mortal Kombat introduces a number of new game-play features including tag team and the deepest story mode of any fighting game. Players can choose from an extensive line up of the game’s iconic warriors and challenge their friends in traditional 1 vs. 1 matches, or take on several new game modes.

“We are bringing the Mortal Kombat franchise back to gamers with the talented NetherRealm Studios team creating the game fans long to play,” said Martin Tremblay, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. “Re-establishing the brand with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, Mortal Kombat innovates on past games while staying true to the brand’s legendary characters and fighting style.”

“We can’t wait for players to get their hands on Mortal Kombat,” said Ed Boon, Creative Director, NetherRealm Studios. “This game really is a response to what players have been demanding: mature presentation, reinvented 2D fighting mechanic and the best, most gruesome fatalities ever!”

Mortal Kombat introduces a number of new game modes as well as the most extensive online experience ever seen in a fighting game. Up to four players can battle “tag-team”- two players can team up in the new “Co-op Arcade Mode” or compete against another team online.

Why is it whenever someone is trying to re brand a game they just name it the original title? Mortal Kombat, Medal of Honor, I'm sure there's tons more I can't think of.

It's a pretty effective marketing strategy.

I was just talking about this with someone last night, but a sequel to Shaolin Monks, or an MK game in the vein of Ninja Gaiden or something involving the ninja characters would be awesome. Except in the NG style game you'd punch your enemies into oblivion.

MORTAL KOMEBACK.

Eh. 2D is a step in the right direction but let's not hope it SUCKS. It's got stiff competition in Mahvel too.

EVERYBODY BACK THE F*CK UP

F*CK YOUR "GRITTY REALISM"

THIS IS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT RIGHT HERE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl_h0pddjZs

KUNG LAO'S ALL UP IN THIS BITCH

DID YOU SEE THOSE JUGGLES

OH SHIT SEKTOR I HOPE THEY DIDN'T SCREW UP HIS MISSILES LIKE IN GOLD

GODDAMN DID YOU JUST SEE A FLASH OF CYRAX? YOU BET YOUR ASS YOU DID

Kira and another chick are tied up in the rendered parts. Taven and Daegon from Armageddon can be seen fighting in the background at :45. A few animations seem to be reused from DA/Deception/Armageddon, not that they were bad.

God f*cking damn I can not wait. I hope some more of this is at E3. Poor Ed.

I have always hated the Mortal Kombat series, and yet that video made me excited for the game somehow.

Back