Most Fun Chapter

Connor

Reaction score
I dumb subject, I know, though I have yet to find a thread dedicated to it.

What do you think is the most fun chapter in HL2? I think it's Ravenholm.

Point Insertion- |

A Red Letter Day-

Route Kanal-

Water Hazard- |

Black Mesa East-

We Don't Go To Ravenholm- ||

Highway 17- |||

Sandtraps- |

Nova Prospekt- ||

Entanglement- |

Anticitizn One- |||

Follow Freeman!- |||

Our Benefactors-

Dark Energy-

Point Insertion... the first time I played the game...

that's more of a was than an is, though... so the funnest chapter to replay would be both Anticitizen 1 and Follow Freeman. I'm out of the dank, zombie infested slums, out of the gloomy facility, and into the city streets, fighting the good fight with Alex, Barney, and the rest of my rebel homies.

Highway 17. The atmospheric feeling is something else.

Nova Prospekt too. I never get tired of Dr. Breen saying "This is not some agent provocateur or highly trained assassin we are discussing. Gordon Freeman is a theoretical physicist who had hardly earned the distinction of his Ph.D. at the time of the Black Mesa Incident." to the Overwatch troops.

Water hazzard. I just love running over cops hanging from ropes :p

Water Hazard, Highway 17, and Anticitizen 1/Follow Freeman

Follow Freeman!. Never enjoyed Anticitizen One - too much bumming around in sewers and things.

Highway 17 is my choice. but also the first bit of sand traps, I just liked the big outdoor areas where you drove the buggy. Which is also why I look forward to ep. 2. but yeah, mark me down for Highway 17.

If I had to pick one and seeing as Entanglement has no votes yet, it will be that one. :) All the turret action and the "lights-off" hallway, damn that scene is great.

DannyC. said:
Fine, my favorite was whichever chapter, Anticitizen 1 or Follow Freeman, included raiding the suppression device with Barney.
That would be Follow Freeman and it sure was a great chapter, too.

Hey, its great to be back on this forum again!

I would have to say Highway 17 because of the open, exploration factor that wasn't really present in other parts of the game.

After that Follow Freeman was also really entertaining.

Please, I emplore you people. pick one and one ONLY. Do not even mention two. Just ONE. Well I suppose you can mention several, but you must indicate that you vote for one of the chapters. Just ONE.

Thank You

Voting for: Ravenholm! I just can't get bored with zombies and father Grigori

Then.. Higwhay 17 was really good, along with Nova Prospekt. The worst chapter was... the was no bad chapters... I only get bored a bit with Water Hazard, maybe I played HL2 too much :p

I LIKED Anticitizen 1, Follow Freeman, Ravenholm, and Black Mesa East.

But i am voting for: Nova Prospekt.
It's so fun to command the Antlions againts the combine troops there.
Ps: have you guys found the poison zombie in the dark bloody shower room?

Ps: have you guys found the poison zombie in the dark bloody shower room?

I have

sorry guys. it wont let me edit it any more for some reason. I would have amde a poll, but there's not enough choices for the chapters.

Water Hazard/Route Kanal was fun because I was fond of the Airboat. Follow Freeman had a very good section of urban combat. Ravenholm was unique because of your near-total dependence on the Gravity Gun, and the whole atmosphere was pretty cool. I always find myself liking Nova Prospekt and Entanglement too, for some reason.

Okay, since Connor insists on one chapter, I'm going to go with Follow Freeman.

Highway 17...I dont know, it was creepy...seeing dozens of wrecked burnt out cars at a time...you get a feeling like families escaping the invasion were just gunned down there...it got me angry...

Highway 17...I dont know, it was creepy...seeing dozens of wrecked burnt out cars at a time...you get a feeling like families escaping the invasion were just gunned down there...it got me angry...

Got me angry too. i was ready to kick some combine ass after that. -.-

Hard to make a choice. It really depends on how you play the chapters. I guess my vote will have to go to Water Hazard but I also love the antlion gameplay at the end of sandtraps and in Nova Prospekt.

Even though I hated most of sandtraps I enjoyed the end before you got to Nova Prospekt.

There are alot of things in the game that got me thinking like: "what happened here...what happened to them?, Where did they go?" and "Are they dead?"
Highway 17 was really creepy overall. The bridge mostly. With that music in the background and all the emptiness. MAN! Valve's good.

There are alot of things in the game that got me thinking like: "what happened here...what happened to them?, Where did they go?" and "Are they dead?"
Highway 17 was really creepy overall. The bridge mostly. With that music in the background and all the emptiness. MAN! Valve's good.

Damnit, why does that never happen to me? I hardly ever have a sense of atmosphere in HL2, even in chapters like Ravenholm. The only bits I got a decent sense of atmosphere in were the bits with exceptionally kick-ass music. Guess I'm just not imaginative enough... or possibly because I'd read so much about HL2 before I played it, so I knew what to expect quite a bit. HL1 actually had more atmosphere for me than HL2.

On-topic, I don't really have a favourite chapter, but would probably pick Nova Prospekt, for the insane pleasure of having a whole army of antlions to talk to. I do have favourite bits however, like that bit where you come out of this underground car-park and run away from some striders, whilst listening to the best music in the whole game. Or that awesome fight outside Nova Prospekt, with two gunships and loads of rockets and antlions and Combine soldiers and towers with guns on and grenades...

Water Hazard had a lot going for it after you got the cannon.

And Follow Freeman had the best conclusion in the entire game, equaling the Nova Prospekt assault. Trying to reach a rocket box while dodging three striders with awesome music playing the background? Awesome. And the enemies weren't just trying to take you out. It felt like a proper street war.

"We Don't Go To Ravenholm" would take my vote. But, I also enjoyed "Sandtraps" and "Follow Freeman." Mainly the whole game is awesome though.

"point insertion"

it's a nice break from running around shooting everything, and It's my first memory of HL2 :D

I know what you mean. "Welcome, welcome to City 17!" *cameraflash*
Never will forget.

Though Sandtraps had a creepy start, in the tunnel with the overturned cars and zombies. ooo Especially the fast ones.

But with those cars comes another weird tought.
When the tunnel was swarmed by headcrabs, while the families were peacefully driving home, did those cars get flipped and the families zombified?*sob* It's so sad to think that a father tried to protect his family and got headcrabbed while the mother fled with her child.
Upon exiting the tunnel, she was ambushed by the combine and was taken away, but the child was killed.

To anyone, who doesn't think about sad moments like this or have any feelings for the suffering human populace...your all soulless goremaniacs, who play doom3 24/7...with the chainsaw.*whimper*

When I'm playing HL2 i don't think about the story for some reason, I want to, but I just don't. I just want to shoot everything. :)

To anyone, who doesn't think about sad moments like this or have any feelings for the suffering human populace...

Which is exactly why I feel sad and angry when I saw scenes like this...

d2coast040008ag6.jpg

Well my favorite would be highway 17 because it had the best atmosphere where everything is quiet and you see all the empty cars and shacks that gets you thinking that this is what Earth was reduced to nothing but a wasteland. Like mentioned above I feel bad when I see those cars too I think about everything that the Combine has done I'm sure we will see some type of highway in ep2 too.

Back