Most Re-Playable HL game.

Which one has the most replayability?

• Total voters

MJ12

The Freeman
Reaction score
Related to the HL universe.

I'd say Portal really takes the cake for this contest... ha...ha...ha:rolleyes:

Episode 2, the scripted events and graphics updates make it easily replayable, also has a great location that never gets boring.

I always get bored playing all those games for a second time, except for Ep.1 somehow.. xD

Episode 2 is easily the most replayable (considering it's the best so far an all). The gameplay is arguably the most diverse, and the combat is far more refreshing and entertaining. The game trimmed down the amount of post-human encounters, thus making each combat scenario unique, and you just want to replay them again. The Mine Shaft defence, the Radio Tower attack, the Chopper stand-off and the Inn being the highlights. The Strider assault I've played a dozen or so times it's just so damn addicting.

I gotta go with HL1. It has the most variety in my opinion, in terms of different enemies to battle and objectives to achieve. Similarly, HL1 deathmatch is *still* better than HL2 deathmatch.

I gotta go with HL1. It has the most variety in my opinion, in terms of different enemies to battle and objectives to achieve. Similarly, HL1 deathmatch is *still* better than HL2 deathmatch.

Normally I hate saying this but QFT

Yeah there's a mod I think that's close to completion putting Decay on PC.

Anyway I also say the first Half Life... I've been playing through it at least once a year for quite a long time.

HL1 is rather dull on the replayability front these days.

Now, HL2, that was fun. Haven't played Episode 2 yet, but Episode 1 just doesn't have the sheer variety of encounters in HL2.

Yeah there's a mod I think that's close to completion putting Decay on PC.

Anyway I also say the first Half Life... I've been playing through it at least once a year for quite a long time.

Me too... since 1998. Nine years, jesus god buddha shiiva mohammad. Unbelievable.

HL2 by a long way. It's non stop action it never gets dull or uninteresting it's just so well paced all the way through. I'm just replaying it right now. Nothing else comes close. It also has a near perfect storyline. It's just got the most "wow!" moments too. It's a near perfect game IMO.

Opposing force was almost gonna get my vote for the bootcamp.

Then Good ole Portals stole it.

I've completed HL2 13 times and I think EP2 witch I completed 4 times :p is more fun to replay :D

I've completed HL2 13 times and I think EP2 witch I completed 4 times :p is more fun to replay :D

... you are counting?

don't see how you can redo portal several times cuz you already know what your doin, and me like HL2

don't see how you can redo portal several times cuz you already know what your doin,

Well, I think it's the fact that you can play around with the portals soooo much that makes it replayable, and try different ways to get to destinations or through puzzles.

Not to mention using weapon cheats/spawning A.I. makes it loads of fun after the first time around.

Especially spawning an Antlion Guard while using the portal gun, it's so much fun, like a game of cat and mouse.

Half-Life 2. It's too early to judge Episode Two and Portal against it in the long run, and they have the unfair advantage of being the newest experiences, the ones at this moment worth playing again and again. Ask the same question post Episode One release, and people would have jumped on that, perhaps myself included. I'm far less inclined to jump into Episode One right now.
Can someone tell me what Decay is? Is it like opposing force and blue shift?
It's what happens when you don't brush your teeth, or when you buy the PS2 version of Half-Life 1.
... though apparently you've voted for it all the same!

I haven't played Ep. 2 yet (soon soon), but I went with HL2 simply because of the huge variety of hidden nooks and cool little subtleties littered throughout the game. Ravenholm was actually best on my *third* playthrough. Nova Prospekt has yet to get old. The opening and closing scenes still give me chills.

I took hl 1. becouse it's classic I cant forgot that game.... people make new games evry day but this game I played it since I was 9 years old.... and when I first saw blue shift I said wow this is cool.... but then hl 2 came and I said wow how will hl 10 look like if it come....

I didn't put which I thought was most replayable, because I can't really judge that. I put which I've played the most times.

The original HL is by far the most replayable for me, the only one I used to play through time and time again without getting tired.

Back