Most wanted game of 2008

L4D

Reaction score
Left 4 Dead is Voodoo Extreme's #1 most anticipated game of 2008.

In a recent feature, Voodoo Extreme have listed their top ten most wanted games of 2008 and our chosen Zombie blaster has hit the top spot. Beating off competition from big names such as StarCraft2, Fallout3 and Warhammer Online, Left 4 Dead stands out as the 'sleeper hit of the year'.

1. Left 4 Dead
Developer: Valve
Publisher: Valve
ETA: Summer (75%)

The Company Line: Valve presents Left 4 Dead – an online cooperative survival horror experience explicitly designed to emphasize extreme teamwork and intense action. A small group of four “Survivors” must fight their way through apocalyptic environments in an attempt to escape the overwhelming hordes of dangerous “Infected” – violently psychopathic victims of a horrible viral pandemic.

The Bottom Line: Why so high? I was hooked on the game the first time I saw people playing it. What's not to love? The sleeper hit of the year will be Left 4 Dead. Short of Valve bundling the game with Episode 3 as whatever color box deal they want to call it, we should see L4D on Steam early this Summer.

This is the full list:

10. Alan Wake
9. Duke Nukem Forever
8. Empire Total War
7. Sins of a Solar Empire
6. Spore
5. Warhammer Online
4. Age of Conan
3. Fallout 3
2. StarCraft 2
1. Left 4 Dead

Originally posted here.​

None of the other games really have the same universal appeal as the big releases in 2004 and 2007. I can see why L4D is first.

L4d is my number 1 game.

Spore comes a close second.

im looking forward to Episode 3 of course(even though it might be 09) as well as the Crossings and L4D. thats for the PC. for consoles its other games.

For me, GTA 4 > L4D. Vice City gave me around 100+ hours of joy.

Fallout 3 for me, although that choice is based on the massive presumption that it will live up to the Fallout name. We will see...

Failing that, Spore or DNF.

Starcraft 2 is my most wanted game of 2008 by a mile. Spore and L4D are both going to be excellent though.

My most wanted game of 2008 is Starcraft 2. L4D, GTA4 are going to be excellent, of course but Starcraft 2 is special for me.

Errrr none of them had planes?

Actually one did, but it was practically unflyable...

GTA III had the Dodo, which I think is what you're speaking of, the one that was practically unflyable (due to the nerf that it got after 9/11). San Andreas has air planes, however.

San Andreas had planes??

How did I miss that :S

Once you got into the Las Vegas areas, there was an airport that you had to go to for the main story line. Dunno how you missed it, lol.

L4D

I don't understand whats so exciting about GTA IV, those games are so repetative.

Actually, EVERYTHING about GTA4 is exciting, my friend.

They all seem like awesome games. Spore and L4D are my top picks right now, but GTA4, SC2 and of coure DNF are being kept in mind...

Left 4 Dead is Voodoo Extreme's #1 most anticipated game of 2008.

In a recent feature, Voodoo Extreme have listed their top ten most wanted games of 2008 and our chosen Zombie blaster has hit the top spot. Beating off competition from big names such as StarCraft2, Fallout3 and Warhammer Online, Left 4 Dead stands out as the 'sleeper hit of the year'.

Insert immature remark here.

I'm not the least bit surprised, or second guessing this list... i agree with it completely. :eek:

I'm looking forward to L4D more than anything else, too. I don't really know why... games like fallout three and Alan Wake seem bigger in my mind, but there's something so compelling about actually being forced to use teamwork.

With Valve developing, the gap between the awesome concept and the reality of it should be non-existent :E

San Andreas had planes??

How did I miss that :S

GTA3 has the Dodo, Vice City has helicopters, and San Andreas has jets... stunt planes... water planes... helicopters... etc etc

My most wanted game of 2008 is still Spore. :D

What the hell is wrong with you people? How could you want anything more than Starcraft 2?

um_181218-165728-starcraft2-1187369898_thumb13.jpg

Hell, it's about time. I've been waiting for Starcraft II since I was NINE YEARS OLD. And it's about to be here. I'm even more hyped than I was for HL2, and I'm a goddamn staff member on the biggest HL2 fansite on the internet.

Starcraft II is all I'm going to need for the next 10 years. Unless it's not good. But I doubt it.

Currently GTA4, can't wait for it.

Im actually not excited at all about any of these titles. I'd probably say Alan Wake would be my #1.

you're all mad, Metal Gear Solid 4 has been the reason why i look twice before crossing a road just so i wont die before i play it.

-dodo

I never got into the Starcraft thingy, so that's not for me. I stopped playing GTA after the 2nd, which really was fun though. I couldn't care less for DNF, and all the other games don't really appeal to me, only Alan Wake seems kind of cool (from what I've seen in the trailer).

The games I am waiting for are the PC ports of Assassins Creed and Mass Effect. Then of course the all-episodes-pack of Sam&Max 2, also Lego Indiana Jones. Oh and Fable2, but that won't come out until 2010 I fear. Yeah, and TF2 updates :imu: Need those unlockables and achievements!

Edit: Ah, how could I forget Star Wars: The Force Unleashed :D

Back