MP40 or Thompson?

swiss

Reaction score
Which one is better. Thompson seems to have a higher rate of fire and low recoil, does the mp40 do more damage to make up for its slower rate?
When im on the German side, I normally will drop my mp40 for a thompson left on the ground; so I guess I prefer the Thompson.

heh me too.

when i see a thompson i get it over the mp40

but i like both

Thompson, mp40 was nerfed beyond all use.

I like the BAR more than either of them though - support class ftw.

The Thompson and MP40 are actually identical just with different models and sounds. Still, I prefer the mp40 if I had to choose. For the yanks you can't go wrong with the BAR, and for the German's it's gotta be the k98k.

The German side has a kick ass bazooka man, the secondary weapon at point blank has no competitor. If you can spray half the clip into someone, that's the end of their game- and you always get the benefit of getting first to shoot. I usually pick that class to pick up another game and have a kick ass secondary gun.

Edit: Mp40 by the way, I just like the feel of it more. Thompson is just not the right feel in my opinion.

Id much rather shoot a 'jack tompson' than an MP40.

the thompson holds 30 rounds while the mp40 holds 32, but since they just gave you a bar of bullets to look at rather than a number i don't know if they stayed true to that. but assuming the did i'll pick up an mp40

I never tought about the magazine size, though I would guess they made both thompson and mp40 have the same magazine capacity purely for gameplay fairness reasons.

i don't, because if they did that they the BAR and mp44 would have the same magazine size too, and they don't

Defpotec22 said:
i don't, because if they did that they the BAR and mp44 would have the same magazine size too, and they don't
That is true, but if they made the BAR have a 30 round mag, then that would be completly changing the weapon and would be too stupid. Whilst making the Mp40 have only two rounds less than in real life; would not be a serious change and would be more plausible.
Also often magazines are never actually full to the maximum 30 bullets; normally about 25 because of jamming problems but that is another matter.

i guess i could always just take the time to count the little individual bullets during a match

Guns aren't the same. If that were the case, the Garand and KAR would be the same. BAR and I forgot whatthehellthegermanscalltheirnearassaultriflething are not the same. To say the MP40 and the Thompson are the exact same with different models and souls is probably not true.

Back