MSN virus.

jimbo118

Reaction score
is anyone else getting these weird messages from your 'contacts' on msn. F.e one of my friends who i worked with is back in France now so she has a french messenger version.

She sent me a message in french(which she never does) which translated as 'just my work from my last holidays' then i was prompted to accept or decline 'Nokia_19_jpg.zip'. She never sent or said that she told me, happened with another guy too i know and i read a bit on it on the internet. Its a virus but anyone know what to do to stop it? is there a newer version of messenger?

There are always viruses like these around. Just don't d/l anything from anyone unless they're actually talking, especially if they just pop up with an "OMG I WANT TO SHARE PHOTOES" or whatever and they're in a zip file or anything.

I scare people sometimes, just that my .rar file is named Teh Photo Albumz in leet. :D

ask stiggy

That's hardly scary.

Internet, that' scary.

That's hardly scary.

Internet, that' scary.

At least those stupid "screamers" appear to have gone out of style.

And after saying that, I will not be clicking any links in this thread from this point forward. :frown:

Heh yeah I used to have people unknowingly send me dodgy looking .zip and .exe files over MSN all the time. I'd just lol and tell them they have a virus and watch them freak out as I copy and paste the message that the virus initiated.

Back in college I made a fake MSN GUI but when you put in your email and password, it emailed the UN and password to an anon webmail account I set up - and told the user their MSN was out of date and told them to download a new version. Only sent it out to a few people that wholely deserved to be f***ed with though.

I get it all the time. Some things like "hot sexy webcam pics" ... of boys.

Back in college I made a fake MSN GUI but when you put in your email and password, it emailed the UN and password to an anon webmail account I set up - and told the user their MSN was out of date and told them to download a new version. Only sent it out to a few people that wholely deserved to be f***ed with though.

You're the guy that was phishing people's steam ids aren't you? Yes, I recognise you.

These kind of viruses always fail to fool me, its so obvious when swedish friends start sending messages in english ;)

Wow you're so cool.

Yea one of my buddies has it on his PC, he doesn't know how to get it off. I would of took the file, cos he moved to australia, and it would of been quite normal for someone to send you pics, but i was asleep so i asked him the next day and he told me if was a virus... Phewww!

I got a friend infected with such virus. She sent me a zipped file, named pic053. I downloaded the file, knowing it is a virus, and didn't unzip it. Then I played a trick to my another friend, faking that I was infected and sent the file. He didn't receive the file until I told him that I was playing joke on him. I told him he could download the file and play trick to others. He downloaded the file, and infected.

Why would you do such a thing? D:

Back