Muse

Sebastian

Reaction score
I've been listening to these guy a lot lately. One of the greatest live bands I've ever heard as well. What album is your favorite? Orgin of Symmetry takes the cake for me.

I still have to listen to Showbiz and Origin of Symmetry. HOWEVER, I do love Hysteria, Time is Running Out, Starlight, and Supermassive Black Hole.

Hysteria especially, because of the bassline.

I adore them, one of the best bands ever in my opinion. I would say Origin of Symmetry has to be the best even though I think all of them a awsome, and live they are out of this world.

I can play most of their songs too xD

Easily THE best and most atmospheric bands ever live. Its just...mind blowing. From the lighting, smoke effects and the sheer quality of the sound and music, to little touches like the lighting effects on Matt's guitar...its just a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Goes down on my 'to-do-before-i-die' with a tick next to Kylie with a blank space.

They are awesome, and their music videos are AWESOME.

I'm learning New Born on Guitar, crazy riff

New Born and Stockholm Syndrome for the ****en' win. Riff city!

Started learning the recent album stuff, just this afternoon i have learnt Starlight, Supermassive Blackhole and Map of the Problamatique, just having deciding whether to play Supermassive Blackhole with low tone and the pickup cranked down or low tone with pickup cranked up for full distortion.

I would say i know most of the songs really well, the song i really cannot play on the guitar well is Sunburn, this piano riff, very, very hard to play at speed. He played the riff on the guitar live in Le Zenith in Paris (Hullaballoo DVD), and he plays it sooo fluently, gonna take months of practice to crack that riff. The New Born and Stockholm Symdrome riffs are piss compared to the Sunburn riff. The Microcuts riff is quite diffecult also but i starting to get the hang on that now though

Seen them live in Manchester. It was the best night of my life!!!:D:D:D My favourite tracks are probably Map of the Problematique and Citizen Erased but I really love pretty much all of them! It's hard to believe now that about two or three years ago I really didn't like Muse: I called them depressing!!! But now they're one of my favourite bands!

I wanted to see them down at the MEN but went to Glasgow as they were sold out in Manchester lol, still a spectacular gig up there though, I have only just found out that the awsome echo effect in Map of the Problmatique is actually done by Matt. He hits the intro chords and strikes the individual notes of the chords to give that echo effect, almost cracked it on my amp, but i think he uses Adredaline 2, expensive piece of equipment, the sound it gives is just amazing though.

Start writing my stuff anyway, with Muse idoling me all the way :D

Easily THE best and most atmospheric bands ever live. Its just...mind blowing. From the lighting, smoke effects and the sheer quality of the sound and music, to little touches like the lighting effects on Matt's guitar...its just a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Goes down on my 'to-do-before-i-die' with a tick next to Kylie with a blank space.

I really found them boring live, zero crowd interaction. Best gigs for me are the ones were they actually talk to you.

I'd place in order Audioslave, Darkness, Chillies, Greenday over Muses live acts.

There was plenty of crowd interaction when i saw them live, for example when they played Bliss, they released the big balloons on to the crowd, the song finished, they were like waiting around for 2 mins backstage came back, set up, looked around, then dom said, 'urrr we cant actually play on until all the baloons have been popped..'. So everyone starts getting lighters out, and dom starts a drum roll as the last one took like ages to pop, twas great.

I love playing Muse from time to time... Bliss is an awesome track, makes me wish I was their drummer.

Muse are probably one of my favourite bands of all time. I saw them live at Reading festival last year which they said was their best performance they've ever given. And Knights of Cydonia, as performed at Reading, was voted the best live song of 2006. I was honoured to be there. You can even see me on the BBC video of the event and one of the pictures on the Muse site. :E

Favourite albums: Origin of Symmetry
Black Holes
Absolution
Showbiz

Favourite songs: Dark Shines
Feeling Good
Knights of Cydonia
Butterflies & Hurricanes

I may be going to see them at Wembley this summer cause some guy may be selling his tickets to me and a mate. :eek:

I was well annoyed that i couldn't see them at Wembley, they are smack bang right in the middle of my A-Levels, and of course, i couldn't get tickets anyway, they sold out so quickly i couldn't believe i. The albums you mentioned are Muse's only albums excluding the Hullabaloo soundtrack lol, which i might add, contain some of Muse's best songs, like Map of your Head, Shrinking Universe, The Museum (a piano riff to rival Sunburn) and Hyperchondriac Music.

Origin of Symmetry just about cuts it for me as the best, as the songs flow so brilliantly through the album, and Megolomania at the end was just the perfect sending off, thats probably the one song Muse have done that doesn't sound better when they play it live, mainly because on the CD he harmonises his own voice and mixes them together like a duet and sounds so awsome, of course he cant do that live.

These guys come from my hometown, I still live not far away from it now. My bro who is also in a local band has met Matt Bellamy a few times. I can stand a pint on my pecs and blow bubbles using just my nose.

*fame at last* :rolling:

Sing for Absolution, Starlight, Time Is Running Out and Sunburn are my favorites. I really envy the wonderful voice of Matthew Bellamy and its amazing falsetto.

I was well annoyed that i couldn't see them at Wembley, they are smack bang right in the middle of my A-Levels, and of course, i couldn't get tickets anyway, they sold out so quickly i couldn't believe i. The albums you mentioned are Muse's only albums excluding the Hullabaloo soundtrack lol.

Oh I do love that "album" too. Just in my opinion it doesn't really count because its all pre-existing live tracks and B-sides. Hence it wasn't put together in the same way as other albums so...
It still holds a special place in my Muse-pumped heart, but not as an album... more a compilation. :E

And... big news. Said person who may be selling us tickets has managed to get hold of backstage pass tickets for Wembley because his aunt arranged something for them, a holiday or somesuch. Wouldn't that be awesome?

I just recently started listening to it, only heard the newest album so far, cant wait to hear the others.Knights of Cydonia has probably the best video of all time.

New Born, Time is Running Out, and Starlight are my favourite

Back