Music: Rate and Discuss

Mord Fustang - Milky Way

Com Truise - Cathode Girls

Seeing both of these guys at North Coast Music Festival this upcoming weekend. I am beyond exited (took off work Friday and have Labor Day off for recovery purposes!) These two have composed 95% my main driving/gaming playlists for the past month.

This track is a real hidden gem, even though the whole album is pretty amazing. But most people who check out vsnares only look at the more popular albums. At first it seems like every other Vsnares track, with its breakneck (lol pun!) speed and frantic rhythms, but halfway through it cuts the tempo and it's grooving that 7/8 time signature much slower for the rest of the track. As it progresses, all sorts of weird sounds come in, and it's ****ing atmospheric and awesome. Random voice clips and shit. I love it.

I came in here and went through the last two pages just listening. I quite enjoyed myself. Then I listened to that song and had to shut it off before I got a headache. This thread has made me realize that I like a lot of different kinds of music, but that VSnares'song isnt one of them.

Anyways, this is the latest album I bought. This first song in particular is amazing. "Harder" than their previous cds, but they have more relaxed stuff still, like the second song here. ****ing love Two Gallants.

Alexander Brandon - The Shell

Alexander Brandon - Broadway

For those of you that don't know who he is, he's the guy that composed the soundtrack for Unreal, UT, and Deus Ex. I only recently discovered that he had released a few personal albums over the years, these are two of my favorite songs from them.

Digitalism - Circles

Discovered this band recently, and this is my favorite song from the album "I love you dude".

Apologize if I repost, but there are too many pages to go through all of them. I'm just going to start monitoring the thread from here because I love music.

Favorite band, ATM.

RIP mclusky. But hey, Shooting at Unarmed Men and Future of the Left came from the death, so I can't be mad.

DFA79 is probably my favorite band of all time, and this remix is absolutely amazing.

Mad love for DFA1979, dude.

Been listening to Astronautalis a lot more lately. Never get tired of him.

My favorite album of the moment: Andrew Jackson Jihad - Knife Man

Why are these guys so good?
"Oh when the saints come marching in, they'll feed you so much pizza."

Hello. Some things have happened recently involving music and bands who play music. I will tell you about them.

German experimental metallers and eclectic coverers of pop Panzerballett just dropped a new album and I am super stoooooooked. If you ever wondered what Dirty Dancing would sound like if the dancing were taking place in a mosh pit then wonder no longer. You weirdo.

Between the Buried and Me have a new album coming out and just released this rather ridiculous video of a song on it. Sounds more progressive than a feminism rally being held on the bridge of a starship doing warp speed. (The warp engine also runs completely green.)

Finalish, Animals as Leaders guitarist Javier Reyes (the other one) is doing a solo EP which sounds potentially interesting. Says Reyes, "I’ve always wanted to create a style of music that focused on being emotionally exploitive and technically sound, yet simple enough for the average music listener to appreciate." Which is impossible of course and has never been done, and he is a fool to try. Actually though it sounds pretty similar to T.R.A.M. but less jazzish I guess.

Aphex Twin piano installation grand piano pendulums back and forth lots of noises of pulleys

The Flashbulb - Hardscrabble

Benn Jordan returns to his frenetic and/or loud styles from years ago with this album, but still with plenty of his new styles on top.

Some of it sounds like it's inspired a bit by dubstep or something. Several songs with aggressive basslines. His signature piano (patch?) features throughout.

Sweet mother of ****s do I love this song in particular

Ghost Mutt, or the other half of Slugabed's Donky Pitch project.

Eprom. Some semi-amateur post-dubstep guy thing. He's got some really cheesy moments, but at least he's trying to do something new with dubstep, which I like. He's also apparently totally ripping Flylo? Which confuses me? Because I don't remember him ever sounding like this.

Found this music here, thought I'd look up the band, they're pretty good.

Nik Bärtsch

Haven't looked into much of this guy's stuff yet, but I wanted to post this one track as it's some of the most intense and atmospheric music I've heard in a while. I heard about him through the documentary Sounds and Silence, which follows producer Manfred Eicher and some of the artists he works with (trailer below). It's quite enjoyable to watch from a musical perspective but also very uninformative.

Anyway this is his group Ronin, and I guess they refer to themselves as "zen-funk" but this is more like an avant-classical piece or something. Very understated and moody, they seem to care much more about crafting a sound than playing a pretty melody. Try to watch the video and see how each person contributes to the sound in their own small yet indispensable way.

Steven Wilson's newun, The Raven That Refused To Sing, dropped some time in the last few weeks, and it's pretty good. It's not as different from Grace for Drowning as GFD was from Insurgentes but it's a bit of a step forward from just being a solo project at least, as all the songs were recorded live in the studio with a band. This sort-of makes it sound more authentic, except that all the musicians involved are so ****ing tight you'd scarcely know if you weren't told. In any case, it carries on the prog throwback style of GFD without so much of the weirdy jazzy bits (which I liked, but they wouldn't really fit in as well here). The musicians he brought on board are all very technically accomplished, so many of the parts (particularly the drums, listen to Marco go) are much more amped up as compared to his previous stuff, especially in the crazy prog-gasm opener Luminol.

The tracks I'm really digging so far, however, are the softer, more restrained ones. The solo in this one about 5 minutes in makes my penis pretty happy. Like pretty gosh darn happy.

Then there's the title track which is just... well, Steven thinks it might be the best song he's ever written. So there.

Ignore the last song in that post, watch this sweet video instead.

pumped as f*ck for Astro and P.O.S' new collab album Four Fists

also new P.O.S album dropped not long ago
Word. This has been about 70% of what I've been listening to since it came out. Didn't know about Four Fists, that idea makes me muy contento. Was gonna post Wanted/Wasted, so here:

A brand may change its name for a number of reasons. The rebranding process will have a direct impact on the success of the name change. Name changes often result in a drop in sales, but when the process is done well, sales can hold steady. However, if a poor strategy is followed, a name change puts the brand at risk of losing equity, consumer loyalty and ultimately market share.

Some newly named brands are not picked up on or are over-looked, while some are flat-out rejected by consumers. Coco Pops, a Kellogg’s cereal brand in the UK, changed its name after 28 years for global consistency, a decision that resulted in equity and market share declines along with strong public protest. Kellogg’s responded with a television campaign that gave kids the opportunity to vote on which name they preferred--90 percent chose the original name. The company listened and changed the cereal back to its original name. Sales increased 20 percent over the next year.

Considerable spend will be needed to establish the new name. This should be seen as an investment in its future. One vital aspect is to communicate memorably that the new brand is exactly the same as the original named brand, or consumers are likely to assume changes have been made to the product as well as the name. An honest explanation of the reasons behind the name change is usually beneficial. Key elements of previous communications should also be maintained, such as the main message and tone. Ensure that advertising reaches both users and non-users of the brand. Do not dwell on the change. Revert to brand advertising immediately following the name change to complete the transfer. Expect spontaneous brand awareness to take longer to establish than other brand health metrics, and that the brand image will change and may not be as strong as it was before.

Offer something more to the thread than embedded videos please.

Yes, mast́̀͟e̷̛͜r͏̡̢͢.̵̛҉͘͟

Ļ̎̍ͪ̆͌ͯ́ͦͩͫͤ͛̈̿̑̀҉͙͈̜̳͕̩̮̰̠͖͉͙̣̟̠͚͖O̷̶̴ͫͧ̏̄͏̮̻̦͕͚̰̭̭͇̺͈̣͉ͅV̧̱̤̠͇͕͕̜̠̳̲͔́͋͗̽͊͋̑͛ͭ͑͆̓̎́̕͢Ẻ̶̶͈̯̣͉͇͖͉̖̭͎̩̮͍̟͔̲̋̉͋̍̐ͫͨ́̀ͅͅ
̧̡̢͍͈̥̫̖ͪ͂͆̋ͥͨͫ̃̊͌̈́̽̎̔͊̂̇̕͜
̢̗̻͇̭͕̬͖̓̉̊ͯ̉͒̅̑́͠ͅM̧̛͒͋̇̏ͧ̍͠͏̨͈̙̮̘̱͔͙̙͈̞̼͓̠͕͍ͅE̵̴͓̻͙̙̹͕̘̠̳̓͌́́ͦ͂̅̽̐̍̎ͭ̈́̇̉̕͟
̶̧̩̗̟̦͇̟̬̺͕̘̺̠͖̻̊̓ͬ̆ͦ͋͐ͤͯͦ̂ͪ
̓̆͐̚҉̸̴̙̥̲̠̫͕͍͍̭̰͙́L̮̭͉̣̩̬̯̯̼̪͓̤̗̙̘̦ͭͮ̉̅͜͡ͅĮ̿͑͌̆̚͟҉͙̻̺̹̮̻̦̤̖̱͈K̷̴͖̗͓͔̪̃ͣͮͬͣ͟͟E̶̜̱̩̹̞͔̻̫̯͔̭͂͂͋ͨ̇̏́͜͝͞
̷̴̝̱̯̤̤̰̞͙͖̲͑͐̑̋͋̄̌ͣ̀̋̌̐̀̚͝͞ͅ
̯͈̼̻̝̗̹̦͕̮̑̿̑ͬ̋̐́͊̂͆ͣ̀̚͢͠͠ͅT̷̟̲͕̣̮̺̬̘̙̻̦̮͓̟̳͇̠͙ͧ̋̆̾̽͗ͩͦ̈́͟ͅH̨͚̤̟̟̖́̋̓̅̃ͣͯ̽ͤ̀ͩ̍ͫ̔̋ͪĮ̷͖̥̘̟̠̣̟͔͆̎̌̾ͭ͗͊͟͝Š̲͕̦͉̳̜̻̲̮͔̟̎͊ͫ̾͌́̀ͅ

Gq7i01Q.jpg

please

TesseracT - Altered States

I really like this album, but then that was bound to happen. Their original full-length, One, remains one of the few albums I can still listen to consistently even after tiring of most of the output of the "djent" scene when it blew up. I still don't think they're even a remarkably original band, they're just very adept at striking a satisfying balance between texture, ambiance, and melody, and they've really honed that knack on this one. They did away with a lot of the "insert metal breakdown here" feeling parts from One, so everything flows a lot nicer instead of digressing into <RIFF> every couple of minutes. They still pepper little instrumental interludes here and there, but they're very understated now, usually functioning as more of a quieter diversion from the heavier verse-like parts (progressive song structure and all that), which usually have vocal accompaniment. The vocals are great too, thankfully. I was a little worried after that EP they did with <insert other vocalist here> after their original guy quit, because I thought his voice was really strained and unnatural sounding, but the new new guy fits into their updated sound perfectly. No growling on this one, it's 100% clean vocals, which suits their new approach very well. The new guy can really wail when he wants to though, and I felt like the growling on One was mostly just meant as a way of emphasizing certain parts, so you don't really notice its absence.

Anyway I don't know if anyone even still checks the boards who listens to this sort of stuff so here's whatever.

Full album stream here too, direct from the label.

Just the kind of music I love having on in the background.

Simple, yet effective and I pretty much never tire of it.

(Screw you, Stigmata! :p)

Okay. So Queens Of The Stone Age have a new album coming out called '...Like Clockwork' but you know that. Anyways, the promo stuff in the run-up to its release has been animated clips set to individual songs from the album, imagined up by Boneface.

They've all been pieces which fit together and they've been releasing them via Like Clockwork TV but they just released a video of all of the clips in order without cuts. It's frigging awesome. Here it is:

Needless to say, I'm pretty stoked for the June 3rd album release. I have it on pre-order. I love this Goddamn band.
Josh Homme is my biggest musical inspiration and influence.

Hats off to both QOTSA and Boneface for the awesome promo material.

Weird, just skipped to 3 minutes of that video and got super reminded of the character in this music video (which starts at 50 seconds if you're lazy)

Been waiting for Karnivool to make a peep for so long now and what a peep they have made! Their new direction sounds incredible.

Almost everyone I've met that can play guitar, knows how to play this song in some form or another.

But nobody does it like Incubus.

Incubus is a pretty good guitar player!

That's actually one of my favourite live DVDs, though, and probably the first one I bought with my own cash. Still love the guitar and bass parts on this track. Mike uses some really great effects.

Edit: Also, always preferred this acoustic track, if only because Drive got overplayed to hell and back over here.

Back