Must... Resist... World of Warcraft...

If anybody is on the Uther realm, /tell me. I'm Pewpin. Pewpin the Paladin.

Pewpin the Paladin!!!! rofl!!!

Anyway, you can't be complaining about fees. I get £5 a week and i can afford WOW. I doubt there is anyone here who gets less than £5 a week!

Alright, the Best Buy near me has it, so i might go out a get it today but i have some questions first. The only mmorpg that ive played is FFXI, so all of these questions have to do with the problems that i had with it.

1. Are there a lot of different armors and weapons to choose from at each level, for example, in FFXI i remember if you were a warrior at lvl 9, and you picked out 50 other people that were a lvl 9 warrior, you all looked exactly the same. Does WoW have many different sets of armor and weapons at each lvl to choose from, or is it like FFXI?

2. Is gold easy to get?

3. In FFXI, if you picked to start in bastok, or whatever its called, you started in a desert location. The desert was very boring, and it lasted forever. So for the 3 months that i played i never saw a tree or a piece of grass. Is WoW like this, or are the enviorments interesting and actually change, no matter where you start?

4. Last question, and probably the most annoying thing in FFXI. There were about 4 different kinds of monsters in each section, there was lizards, bees, crawlers, and these turtle things. Now in groups, i would travel far away from the city you start in, and i fought the same monsters, only with different names. After killing the same 4 monsters for 3 months gets insanely boring, especially when the only thing to do in FFXI is to get exp by fighting. So is there a wide amount of monsters, or is it like FFXI?

1. There are many different armors and you'll rarely ever see anyone that looks just like you.

2. No

3. There are many different environments in WoW. Depending on where you start you start with different environments.

The undead start in a cemetary and move out into dead woods. It's very dark and foggy.

Orcs and trolls start in an almost desert like area. It's deep in a canyon and the dirts all red.

Tauren start in plains. It's a little hilly but it's green with a lot of grass and tall weeds.

Gnomes and Dwarfs start on a mountain I believe. It's snowy that's all I know.

Humans start in a forest near a temple I think.

Night Elves I've never played so I'm not sure. I would think it'd be a dense forest, almost like a rain forest.

As you get going in the game the environments are constantly changing so you don't have to worry about being stuck in a desert for 3 months.

4. There are many many many different kinds of monsters in the game. I've played FFXI for a few months and I know what you're talking about. WoW will not have you fighting snappers until level 60 trust me.

Overall I'd say WoW has a hell of a lot more to offer than FFXI because it just does. It's got much better and richer environments, more quests to keep you busy, you can actually solo (FFXI was extremely group based), more character customization, and it's generally more fun overall. After playing this game you'll wonder why more MMORPGs aren't like it.

Thank you very much for answering the questions. Im going to go out and get it now.

HF. I think im gonna buy these game also. I love Final Fantasy, i love RPG, and i think im gonna love this game also.

BUT: i have to wait for the european release O_O

Maybe you should have went more in dept with the gold thing.

Gold is hard to get, money isn't necessarily. First, all you get is copper, 100 coppers = 1 silver , 100 silvers = 1 gold

Pressure said:
If you're so strapped for cash that you have to worry about spending an extra $15 per month for a game then you need to seriously reconsider your career and move to a new apartment that's cheaper.

Or maybe I could ask my mommy to pay for the game, cause you probaly did yourself.

oh **** off man, if you cant get the game dont bitch at us. this thread is for ppl who want to get it and for ppl who have it

For the 6 month plan, WoW is around £7 a month. That's 23p PER DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! COME ON!!! My dog could afford that. Go for a walk every single day, you'll find enough spare change on the ground.

I failed maths, lets hope my calculations are correct. Plus the game doesn't come out until late Feb in the UK, so you have a lot of time to collect the money. Nice.

Some more screenshots!

Two of my friends and I Gryphoning to Ironforge

WoWScrnShot_122804_174653.jpg

Five of us plus some other random people taking down an annoying Horde.

WoWScrnShot_123104_212618.jpg

Five of us traveling through the mines in Westfall..

WoWScrnShot_123104_213143.jpg

What server and what class are you Baal?

As for me
Server: Crushridge
Race: Night Elf Class: Hunter
Level: 12

And i've got a pet crab named Herpes, level 11

i am having second thoughts about being a night elf rogue. its an awesome class, but i am really liking Spud's pally, and the most popular thing to be on our server is a night elf that is a rogue lol. so right now im testing out the hunter

EDIT: cant log on :(

Delicious Bass said:
i am having second thoughts about being a night elf rogue. its an awesome class, but i am really liking Spud's pally, and the most popular thing to be on our server is a night elf that is a rogue lol. so right now im testing out the hunter

EDIT: cant log on :(
The hunter is pretty cool. Great ranged attacks, weak melee attacks, but you can get pets so that helps out a bit. Although i'm finding that i'm pretty weak now that i'm in Auberdine, fighting Thistle Bears and shit

Sparta said:
What server and what class are you Baal?

As for me
Server: Crushridge
Race: Night Elf Class: Hunter

And i've got a pet crab named Herpes, level 11

Name: Myden
Race: Human
Class: Warrior
Level: 11
Server: Magtheridon (PvP)
Guild: Vincere Vel Mori

I got my Nightelf hunter to lvl 9

I probably would have made it to lvl 10 if i hadent spent like an hour wandering to the eastern kingdoms and then getting assraped by everymonster there

Plus i was focusing more on raisng my trade skills, skinning and leatherworking rule

oops, I'm level 15 now, almost 16.

I copied and pasted the old post.

Anyways...I want to play more right now (1:27 AM) but my body isn't letting me. I got up pretty early today and drove for 5 hours so I'm pretty tired. Anyways...what an amazing game.....

I'm finished for the night, just got my night elf lvl 10. I sold all my items and got a shit load of silver

Yea I don't like them either but I might just get the game cards for occasions..

I got WoW+Game Card for Christmas, so for Easter I will probably get another one. Then whenever. But I ref hockey quite a bit and I have a lot of money saved up, so I afford to pay them myself when the time comes I have to, but I like going to the game card route. Although...apparently there's a deal if you pay 6 months at a time, I might check that out.

NapalmAndFriends said:
WoW? Meh. I could never agree with monthly fees, you rich bastards. I wish I could. :(
If you got a job (or did have one) andyou get some extra cash lying around $15 a month is not that bad....the the great game that it is.

I coudn't hold out any longer. The box is now sitting on top of my PC.

Damn. I would have edited my last post to include this, but I had to leave the computer to do something. Anyway, is there some sort of organized thread (like the XBL gamertags thread) on here in which everyone posts their character's name and which realm they play on? I really don't want to read through the ~350 posts in this thread just to find a few names that I might contact.

RTFMy said:
Or maybe I could ask my mommy to pay for the game, cause you probaly did yourself.

I don't live with my parents or get money from them, so quite obviously my "mommy" hasn't payed for it. Maybe you should ask your mom to pay for it. That way you can play without worrying about it interfering with these expensiive bills that you have to pay. Better yet, how about you have her buy you a time card instead of her giving you money because you probably aren't old enough to have a credit card yet.

...I have to get my mum to pay... unless i use those "game cards". But i don't know whether they do them in the UK... damn.

More info on my Main (My new one)

Name: Ardrellis
Server: Mannoroth (PVP)

This game is so addicting it hurts

Suicide42 said:
...I have to get my mum to pay... unless i use those "game cards". But i don't know whether they do them in the UK... damn.

That's understandable but RTFMy is just being an asshole.

What the hell. I've been to every store that sells computer games and everyone is sold out. Eb games, gamestop, bestbuy, circuit city, comp usa, wal-mart, target, fye, and every online store has it on back order or 4 - 8 week shipping. On amazon they had the 1 -2 week shipping, and they listed that a couple of circuit cities around me had it in stock for in store pick up, even though i already called them and they said they dont have any in stock. I figured that maybe they have some in the back for people that are doing in store pick up, so i ordered it through amazon. I get a e-mail from amazon saying my order went through, then 20 minutes later i get an e-mail from circuit city that my package is ready and drop by to pick it up. Im so happy, so i start putting my shoes on and the phone rings. Its circuit city. They said that they made a mistake and that they really dont have the game and not to come by, so i cancelled the order. ;( I have never heard of a game selling out, especially a month after its release, this is like trying to find a freaken furby when they first came out.

Lets try to keep it on topic here fellas....im not letting this thread die.

Im about to hit lvl 22, w00t.

Blizzard said:
Final Beta Test Plans
03/01/2005
In preparation for the imminent Final Beta Test of World of Warcraft, we will be shutting down the Closed Beta servers for maintenance and temporarily suspending the official forums within the next few hours. We regret the short notice, but are doing our utmost to roll out the Final Beta Test as quickly as possible. The downtime between the close of the current Beta and the start of the Final Beta Test will be kept to a minimum, although we are unable to reveal an exact start date at this time. However, we anticipate that this maintenance will only last a few days, whereupon the Final Beta Test will begin.

We will provide initial access to the Final Beta to those who attained a beta key through the official Blizzard pre-order campaign, as well current Closed Beta testers. These testers will maintain their existing account and characters. Additional testers will be included as the Final Beta moves forward.

More details regarding the Final Beta, including the start date, will be announced here shortly, so please stay tuned. We are working hard to bring you the next exciting phase of World of Warcraft as soon as possible.

woohoo!

hopefully it'll start next week, which would mean roughly 4 weeks in final beta! :D

found a good forum too (www.wowforums.co.uk). it's empty right now, but we can start filling it up!

Hey dedalus... have you got the Gameplay pack yet? i don't want to DL over 2 GB again.. i've allready done that 3 times before for WOW. But then again... i would do anything for WOW... anything....

I'm going to bed now- school tommorrow :D

I've joined them forums, damn, they really are empty lol...
Hopefully they'll come in use when i've got the game.

yes it's the crappiest game I've ever spent 40+ hours of my life on! I heard it gets better around the 80 hour mark :E

Back