Mutations

they should just do the chainsaw mutation already. that's what everyone (me) is waiting for

Bleed Out sounds interesting. Gotta give it a shot or two. I'm guessing it doesn't have a lot of longevity, though.

What the ****? So now it's impossible to play versus realism? I really liked that.

What the ****? So now it's impossible to play versus realism? I really liked that.

It is for now at least, but judging by the vote Valve put up on the weekly l4d2 blog I'd say they'll end up making it a permanent addition sooner or later.

Hopefully they'll add a past mutation option at some point. For the time being they said at the end of every month (I think this means every four weeks) they'll have a poll on that month's favourite mutation and re-instate it for another week.

Hmm...
Last week's in-game poll asking who your favorite L4D2 character was resulted in an interesting stat. 360 users were clearly Ellis fans with him winning by a wide margin with 43% of the vote. PC users were split with Nick and Ellis coming in a virtual tie with 33%. Reading the forums, Rochelle surged a bit in popularity after people watched her in "The Passing" teaser. Our internal poll tells us we should make more teasers.

Or, that few people want to play as black people.

I didn't like Ellis initially, but he's after growing on me. Nick's still my favourite though.

Coach grew on me. Hamburger apocalypse.

It is for now at least, but judging by the vote Valve put up on the weekly l4d2 blog I'd say they'll end up making it a permanent addition sooner or later.
I think it'd be great when they add both realism and realism versus to L4D1 too. Would make the game feel somewhat fresh again.

There's a difference between adding more of a challenge to strategize around and making something absolutely ****ing impossible.

There's a difference between adding more of a challenge to strategize around and making something absolutely ****ing impossible.

Advanced Versus was the shizzle back in the day, but yeah Expert Versus was just dumb.

By the way here is a list of all the mutations found from poking around in the L4D2 files...

Chainsaws
First Man Out
Four Swords Men
Hardcore
Head Shots Only
Last Man One Earth
Linear Scavenge
M60s
Max Specials
Mutations 1
Mutations 2
Mutations 3
Mutations 4
Mutations 5
Mutations 6
Mutations 7
Mutations 8
Mutations 9
No Health Versus
Realism Versus
Temporary Health
Ultra Realism
Versus Survival
Vip Target

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1235966

Sweet. Theories on what they are?
I reckon Last Man On Earth could be some sort of single player, although that doesn't sound too fun, and Linear Scavenge sounds like you're going through the level filling tanks. As for the rest, apart from the self-explanatory ones, I'm stumped.

Sweet. Theories on what they are?
I reckon Last Man On Earth could be some sort of single player, although that doesn't sound too fun, and Linear Scavenge sounds like you're going through the level filling tanks. As for the rest, apart from the self-explanatory ones, I'm stumped.
Check the forum post HecticGlenn's link points toward, it explains all modes.

Oh right. I didn't recognise the American spell of litre. I kept reading it as follow the litter and I was wondering why was it called that.

I know - I just got Guardin' Gnome yesterday, and it was a hoot. I'm not too sure about trying The Bridge with it and Hard Rain sounds too easy, but I can't wait to try it.

Back