My cabbage grew another cabbage

Dan

Tank
Reaction score
I was making dinner tonight and went to way into the back of the fridge and found a really old cabbage. Low and behold, it had gotten itself pregnant with another cabbage. It just grew right out of the old mouldy one. Now I have fresh cabbage and it's been over half a year since I bought cabbage. Nature is awesome. Now I see why the Ruskies love the stuff so much.

dsc2610.jpg

Holy shit, thats awesome. Although a year for a cabbage to grow suggests it may not be a very healthy cabbage. Plant both of them in your yard and you'll never have to buy cabbage again.

Sweet. Yes, plant that. Also, that cabbage must've been realllllly freakin old because cabbage usually keeps for a long time :p

I was making dinner tonight and went to way into the back of the fridge and found a really old cabbage. Low and behold, it had gotten itself pregnant with another cabbage. It just grew right out of the old mouldy one. Now I have fresh cabbage
This is approximately where I threw up in my mouth a little. I don't trust anything that has grown out of fungal rot. :p

Holy shit, thats awesome. Although a year for a cabbage to grow suggests it may not be a very healthy cabbage. Plant both of them in your yard and you'll never have to buy cabbage again.

A year in the back of a fridge that sees sunlight for only 1 minute of every day. I think I will try to find a coffee can and see if this thing will grow for real. If so I'm never buying cabbage again. That's like $3 of saving each and every year. I am the 99%

Occasionally we are made aware that vegetables are not our friends, not our comfortable and faithful companions. They are freaking aliens that do all kinds of weird shit while we aren't watching. I mean, leave a bunch of potatoes together in a cupboard for a year or so. You'll want to take a pulse rifle when you check up on them.

It's us or them, friends. And I don't intend to be no fertiliser.

I will not stand for this thinly veiled plot to destroy me, Sulk.

You better work out which side you're on, boy. I don't want my children speaking Parsnip or Sweet Potato. In these times we can't afford entertaining the predations of a hostile fifth cauliflower.

Dan that's crazy. Quite the pretty picture too, it looks mysteriously beautiful.

I mean, leave a bunch of potatoes together in a cupboard for a year or so. You'll want to take a pulse rifle when you check up on them.
No kidding. The numerous times I've opened our cupboard to find THIS

XdFyM.jpg

has trained me to carry shears and Raid whenever it's time to make home fries.

But don't worry, I'm on it. I've befriended Veggies so I can infiltrate their ranks and kill them at their source.

I remember when I moved into my old off campus housing. Roomate had some stuff on the side of the fridge and it was all still there untouched when I moved out 9 months later (mostly preservative stuff...but still: untouched).

Jeez, a year? How did your fridge not smell like a sewer?

To the OP, that's ****ing disgusting and awesome at the same time.

Back