My Car is FINISHED!!!!!

Parking lot ehh i'll just have to keep my eye out for cops:)

I was thinking 300 hp is allready fast considering when i traded my 2001 civicdx it was only 115 hp this is a big jump for me.

I'm going to bed thanks guys for all the kind words. I have to work early soo bye . MAYBE I'll post a video tommorow of me drifting or something like that MAYBE

Ha, I went from under 100 HP to 150ish. IT was a big jump, I don't know if I'd trust myself with 300 HP :p

Ha, I went from under 100 HP to 150ish. IT was a big jump, I don't know if I'd trust myself with 300 HP :p

To tell you the truth i've had the car for over a year now and never went past 70 in it , never redlined either. :) i'm too much of a wimp:LOL:

Nasty, how much did you end up spending?

Car=$21,000
Wheels = $1700
Bodykit = $1300
Bodykit paint= $700
Cf hood= $650
Cf mirrors= $210
Wheel spacers= $126
Sparco hood pins= $49
Jwt pop charger intake= $109

Now i'm done good night.

Just a JWT pop charger= Intake + 6-7 HP

I am Also thinking about getting a spoiler a BIG one lol

You know nothing and your car looks like a frog.

Cone intakes do nothing but allow more dirt and crap to get into your brand new engine.

GOOD JORB.

Huge spoilers = for losers.

MAYBE I'll post a video tommorow of me drifting or something like that MAYBE
You are going to wreck your car.

Aw I thought you meant that it was FINISHED, as in dead. I was hoping for a nasty wreck pic. I am slightly dissapointed.

Nice car though. I have no idea what most of you guys are saying though, since I havent a clue about cars.

Those holes in the front bumper are for fog lamps ... get some xenons in there.

Looks sexy

No to the spoiler, it's like some kind of sleek UFO without it

Looks like an electric shaver. :p

Nice though.

300hp with only a intake.... *runs around in a circle*

We must be REALLY in the land of the fast and the furious...Gentalmen the horsepower rating the company gives you IE 300hp for the car is at the crank not at the wheels, if anything its probably 273-285whp factoring in loss via drivetrain, etc...

300hp with only a intake.... *runs around in a circle*

We must be REALLY in the land of the fast and the furious...Gentalmen the horsepower rating the company gives you IE 300hp for the car is at the crank not at the wheels, if anything its probably 273-285whp factoring in loss via drivetrain, etc...
It's only America that gives HP at the crank ... Everywhere else (inc japan) give it at the wheels.

I don't like the black bonnet. Kind of spoils it :(

To tell you the truth i've had the car for over a year now and never went past 70 in it , never redlined either. :) i'm too much of a wimp:LOL:

Car=$21,000
Wheels = $1700
Bodykit = $1300
Bodykit paint= $700
Cf hood= $650
Cf mirrors= $210
Wheel spacers= $126
Sparco hood pins= $49
Jwt pop charger intake= $109

Now i'm done good night.
Don't worry about being a wimp: being a wimp keeps you alive ;)

:thumbs: SAFETY FIRST! :thumbs:

Aw I thought you meant that it was FINISHED, as in dead. I was hoping for a nasty wreck pic. I am slightly dissapointed.

Nice car though. I have no idea what most of you guys are saying though, since I havent a clue about cars.

I know elementry stuff about cars, so don't worry.. .:(

350Z sweet. Not a big fan of cosmetics though.

I can't wait 'til my dad gets the 335i. 300 HP. BiTurbo.. WOOT!

Why would you want to go drifting and have to buy new tires all the time?

Why would you want to go drifting and have to buy new tires all the time?

I've not bought new tires yet, and the tires weren't even new when I bought the car a year and a half ago, and I drift alot.....

It's only America that gives HP at the crank ... Everywhere else (inc japan) give it at the wheels.

http://www.nissanusa.com/z/specifications_coupe.html

VQ35DE—3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 engine (A/T models)
287 hp @ 6,200 rpm
274 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm

VQ35DE—3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve V6 engine (M/T models)
300 hp @ 6,400 rpm
260 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm

The MT actually loses torque to reach 300hp. This tells me they are at the maximum possible output given either cam configuration.
For this size engine 300hp would be about max possible NA crank hp.

Standard drivetrain loss for RWD vehicles is 15%.
So he is getting maybe 255rwhp 221rwt.

---
My previous post came off sort of aggressive, so I want to check that and say your Z does look ok, but only ricers get the things you got right away. I was one back in '02...

I advise you to join a 350Z forum and learn what you can about the car and mechanics in general. Engine mounted cone filters and rear deck bench seat wings are for noobs.

Here are some more pics of the progression
picture117vq2.jpg

picture115ja3.jpg

picture116as3.jpg

picture122gh1.jpg

picture124cy7.jpg

picture145nz9.jpg

picture146br6.jpg

picture148og0.jpg

picture138sv5.jpg

picture137rx1.jpg

that's awesome.. the next car i want to get has always been a 350z

that's awesome.. the next car i want to get has always been a 350z

Thanks

The only thing i dont like about the Z is the steering is stiff and the clutch is heavy. When coming home from work + traffic stop and go is awfull :(

You don't like the fact that your steering is stiff? I don't think you'll ever want to set foot on a track then.

He should try driving a car/truck without power steering and no abs.

But you have to admit it is a little fun not having a bunch of electric gizmo's helping you drive.

I normally don't care for cars but that's pretty awesome.

Old school for me.

Plan is to get a 72' porsche 914, old muscle car, FB rx-7, or a 72' Datsun 240z.

Old school for me.

Plan is to get a 72' porsche 914, old muscle car, FB rx-7, or a 72' Datsun 240z.

Hmm, I think I see a distinct body style with teh last 2...

:p

FB 7's are pretty cool, drop a 13-b down into it, single turbo...whew. Nice rice.

Hell they're both nice cars. It all comes down to what I can get tho.

Back