...my dad just died

Not sure any consolation is possible, but my condolences. Take care of yourself, and your sister.

Very sorry to hear about this, man. Hope you have some better luck.

Terrible event. Stay strong man.
If it offers you any comfort...he did live out his best years of life, a comforting feeling IMO.

Being fairly new to these forums, I am probably one of the last people on them you might look to for comforting words but all the same I offer my condolences and hope things work out for you. I don't yet know what it is like to lose a family member, but I cannot imagine it being anything other than heart-breaking.

damn, I'm sorry for your loss. my condolences to you and your family.

My condolences, man. Very sorry to hear about your loss... :(

Thats terrible. Keep your chin up and stay strong, you can get through it.

We were expecting him to go any time now but the reality of it is nothing can really prepare for when it happens... the doctor's said something about a blood clot.
He's been in terrible shape for past 15 years really, he's had a broken hip, a broken arm, two heart surgeries. and he had diabetes so he had no feeling at all in his feet.
After awhile he got progressively lazier and lazier as the years went by and we were almost always waiting on him whenever he needed something but it just sort of became routine for us after awhile but me, my mother, and their landlord(who is my dad's best friend, they were war buddies) would always constantly try to get him to exercise and eat healthier but he was so stubborn that it's like he didn't care and when they moved to florida 2 years ago he mentioned one time that he wanted to die in florida so atleast he got his wish.
I remember when I visited them a year ago and we went to the places that he grew up in as a teenager and raised hell and it was the happiest I ever saw him... the worst part of all of this is that my mother's going to have to move again since she was relying on his disability checks and he was about to get a huge sum of money next month from the Veteran's Association... he had so many plans for that money like buying a new boat so he could take us all fishing out in the Gulf of Mexico... I can't believe none of this is going to happen now.

As for my sister she's never been the most stable person to begin with... she's always been a huge drama queen and lately she's been getting worse and worse from the stress of having to plan her vacation with my parents and this just put the last nail in what was left of her sanity.
I'm going to be going back up to Massachusetts tomorrow to see her and then on my dad's birthday in March we're going to scatter his ashes across the Gulf.

Anyways I need to go with my mom to take care of the cremation things... I appreciate all of the kind words you've all said I just really needed to see the words of encouragement... everyone around me is a wreck but then again I'd say so am I since I still can't even comprehend this I woke up this morning and drove down to their house and expected to see my dad sitting on the couch rocking back and forth watching the news while smoking his cigarettes and sipping his coffee...

sorry to hear that man, i can't imagine what it must be like. hang tight.

Really sorry to hear that.To have a relative die is one thing but to see him/her die ? I really hope that you make it.

My dad is the same way when it comes to not wanting to go to the doctor. For so long he complained about leg pains and how his leg felt numb. Eventually, he collapsed in the living room and he went to the hospital where he almost died from his (unknown at the time) diabetes. So, I know what you mean with that. I really am sorry that your father is gone. :c

I wish you and your family the strength to get through this time.

The best thing I could say would be that those people who pass away would want those remaining to live life to its fullest. That idea has helped me in the past.

Aww man that sucks. My sincerest condolences. Hang in there bro.

Just remember there are no wrong ways to greive. I have lost family and close friends, and found it comforting to do what ever feelt right. Like if I wanted to play video games or work out, I did. At first I whouldn't, thinking that it whouldn't be appropriate. But no one knows you as well as you. So do what ever you think might help.

It's a shitty situation, there's no denying that. Hope all goes OK with the sister, she shouldn't be blaming herself! Good Luck to everybody.

My condolences Lucid, a death is such a terrible ordeal for any person to go through and the sudden nature of this one makes it sting even more. Stick with your family and help each other through...your sister may need a bit more help it sounds like. Following on from what Ennui said, don't bottle thing up. There is always someone to talk to.

I am truly sorry for your loss Lucid, We're here for you.

I can't imagine what you and your family are going through Lucid. My deepest condolences.

Shit man, that's terrible. :( My condolences to you and your family.

My condolences Lucid. Sorry you had to be there as well.

Threads like this make me want to cry not just because they're horrendously sad and awful but also because it's really incredible how tight-knit this forum is. One big HL2.net family :( bawwww

I'm so, so sorry about all this, Lucid. Stay strong, and don't bottle anything up inside. We're here for you.

My dad was killed by a car while out on a morning bike ride when I was 5. I don't remember any of the events from that day, even though I remember plenty of shit from before and after. I assume it's too painful for my mind to recollect, and so i've purposefully forgotten it.

So sorry for your loss bruv, but you'll feel better with time. I promise.

;(

*offers big sloppy ehug*

I'm so sorry. As others have said, just try to take it one day at a time.

**** man i'm sorry for your loss. :( If there was a way to help, I would.

I know everyone posted their condolences, but I would like to extend my condolences to you and your family. It's going to hurt for a long time. I hope you hang in there.

Your mind will self correct. Some day, you will look back and think about him and be able to smile, even if it doesn't feel like it right now. Cherish the memories you had with him.

I haven't been through anything like this so I can't begin to imagine what you are feeling. Hang in there and stay strong, you'll get through it and, like Top Secret said, you will think about him and smile.

Back