My Halo 2 Review

Ryjalon5k

Reaction score
Another great game. Just got my copy yesterday.
On easy it took me just about 7 hours to beat the game.

Graphics- excellent, very nice weapon effects, and lots of things going on at once, seems like more colors/brighter colors than in the first. ragdoll physics rule. Wont hold up to most highend computer game graphics. 9/10

Sound- Tat-tat-tat..kabooom....awesome sounding weapons and great soundtrack. 10/10

Gameplay- Singleplayer will take a few days to complete on ledgendary, Multiplayer will last me until a new console is released. Lots of LAN parties and Xbox live will keep this one kicking for a long time 10/10

Overall...Sweet, just sweet. Having freinds over to play this one reminds me of the goldeneye/perfect dark days.

Adrien C said:
7 hours ?

That's shity

Note that he said "On easy"

Easy is incredibly simple (no offense - I'd go through the game real quick just to see the plot then hop online allowing yourself to go back later on harder difficulty - if that's your thing). I was playing a bit on easy earlier...you can charge through all the battles meleeing everyone to death. The AI is pretty lame on easy and they go down easy. On normal it took me about 12-13 hours. Heroic - 18-20 hours. I have yet to beat the first lvl on Legendary (I haven't tried for more than 2 hours yet).

Bad^Hat said:
Ragdoll? News to me.

No death animations. They basically put "skeletons" in the models and use physics to determine how they move after they're dead. It's called ragdoll because they act like rag dolls; they're totally limp.

Bad^Hat said:
Ragdoll? News to me.

No he is mistaken its not full fledge ragdoll, I wouldnt even call them ragdoll physics they are there but nothing life farcry or hl2 more along the lines of doom 3 physics nothing to special. Also IMO the single player experience isnt near as good as the first they kinda ruined it with the story, but the MP is definitly worth it.

ductonius said:
No death animations. They basically put "skeletons" in the models and use physics to determine how they move after they're dead. It's called ragdoll because they act like rag dolls; they're totally limp.

LOL, thanks, but I meant I didn't know it was in Halo 2 :p

Agent.M said:
No he is mistaken its not full fledge ragdoll, I wouldnt even call them ragdoll physics they are there but nothing life farcry or hl2 more along the lines of doom 3 physics nothing to special.

Doom 3 had ragdoll... not good ragdoll, but it was there :E

Halo 2 doesn't have ragdoll physics. You could say that it has death animations that look like very convincing ragdolls or something.

I read somewhere that it uses the Havok 2 physics system or something, i think the game psy-ops uses the havok ??? system, but i dont really know, nor really care about technical issues, ill just be happy when i pick my copy tomorrow and play the single player story.

Same with halflife 2, who cares about the graphics and physics, its all been done one way or another, i played the game psyops and it got boring after a while, sure it looks more real but whats the fun in playing scifi stories (hl2 and h2) if theyre THAT real, i just want to have fun.

take it easy

lans said:
Halo 2 doesn't have ragdoll physics. You could say that it has death animations that look like very convincing ragdolls or something.

i guarantee they are ragdoll physics. I've played the game for many hours, and each death has been unique and has reacted realistically. I know what ragdoll physics are, and they are included in Halo 2. I'd say they are better than Doom 3, but definately worse than far cry or HL2.

I didn't know the game included them either until i played. It also has some relatively primative physics for a few boxes, etc. And of course the wonderful vehicle physics.

Was it just me who thought the Farcry ragdoll was kind of unrealistic? I mean it was good, but actually everything in Farcry felt way too heavy.

Back