My take on the mosque killing incident

my "love" site?

wha?

See, you still wont post it. You have used it on numerous occasions, then claimed it was 'moderate'. Come on now, just post it. We all know its on your favorites list.

seinfeldrules said:
Ah here it is Stern. Your truly unbiased source.

http://www.commondreams.org/

surely you can provide me with some examples of commongrounds outright lies or pure propaganda (remember, your opinion is not enough: you need proof to back up your claims that it's false info)

I sure as hell can provide a whack of examples where foxnews is "unfair and unbalanced"

seinfeldrules said:
Its incredibly biased to the left.

Take this for example http://www.commondreams.org/headlines04/1126-01.htm

If that were true, why isnt it the major story of every major news outlet.

"eyewitness reports"

the journalist who wrote the article is independently embedded in iraq ..he doesnt have to clear his articles with the pentagon like US media does ...no other journalists are allowed in the frontlines except those that are approved by the pentagon ..in this case the "mainstream" media is far more biased because it has to go through military channels before it's released ..and I'm sure they're going to do everything in their power to present a viewpoint that supports their mandate

the journalist who wrote the article is independently embedded in iraq ..he doesnt have to clear his articles with the pentagon like US media does ...no other journalists are allowed in the frontlines except those that are approved by the pentagon ..in this case the "mainstream" media is far more biased because it has to go through military channels before it's released ..and I'm sure they're going to do everything in their power to present a viewpoint that supports their mandate

That still doesnt mean CNN couldnt report it... How else would you explain the released footage of the marine shooting the wounded Iraqi? The Abu Gharib footage got out as well. If there was a story to this, then it would have been reported.

... and I call all the humanitarian organizations, and any human with the least bit of conscience, to help the people of Fallujah...

Seeing as how aid workers are kidnapped and murdered over there, that's not likely to happen. Aid workers aren't welcome there. Well, maybe if said aid workers had the right skin colour and religion...

Spartan said:
Seeing as how aid workers are kidnapped and murdered over there, that's not likely to happen. Aid workers aren't welcome there. Well, maybe if said aid workers had the right skin colour and religion...

That's not always the case either. That one female that was murdered by that group of radicals with the last name Hassan, was of the same religion and an aid worker but killed her anyways as an example. ;(

Some people over there are more excited about killing people than Hitler. If Hitler was there, he'd be like "man, how retarded is THAT?"

Spartan said:
Some people over there are more excited about killing people than Hitler. If Hitler was there, he'd be like "man, how retarded is THAT?"

[Evil Person]

Or he would plow over them with his panzers and transform the region and save the world heeps of trouble... But no, he had to turn to Russia instead.

[/Evil Person]

^ If North Afrika was a success, the Germans could've used the middle-east, and the rest of Afrika, to their advantage.

H

K e r b e r o s said:
^ If North Afrika was a success, the Germans could've used the middle-east, and the rest of Afrika, to their advantage.

H

I know. My point: If they hadn't opened the eastern front with Russia, then they could've employed their resources in North Afrika and probably steam rolled through the Turkey route as well. Rommel was a genius. Even if you aren't the slightest fan of the Germans of WW II, you have to admit what Rommel was able to do with what he was given was incredible. Just think about how things might have turned out if Rommel had half, or even a quarter, of the resources of the eastern front at his disposal in Afrika.

MadHatter said:
I know. My point: If they hadn't opened the eastern front with Russia, then they could've employed their resources in North Afrika and probably steam rolled through the Turkey route as well. Rommel was a genius. Even if you aren't the slightest fan of the Germans of WW II, you have to admit what Rommel was able to do with what he was given was incredible. Just think about how things might have turned out if Rommel had half, or even a quarter, of the resources of the eastern front at his disposal in Afrika.

Did the allies occupy the 'turkish route' or something? I'm not very well versed in the Afrikan campaign. All I know is the turks were german friends.

Rommel was a genius -- and everyone hated him. They called him the Prestige Boy, because he came from a wealthy military background. Hitler did'nt trust Rommel, until he took the Phantom Division and pushed deep into the Low Countries.

Agreed.

Raziaar said:
Did the allies occupy the 'turkish route' or something? I'm not very well versed in the Afrikan campaign. All I know is the turks were german friends.

Erm, let me correct my diction. Not Turkey per se, but enter the Middle East from the northeast regions instead of Egypt.

K e r b e r o s said:
Rommel was a genius -- and everyone hated him. They called him the Prestige Boy, because he came from a wealthy military background. Hitler did'nt trust Rommel, until he took the Phantom Division and pushed deep into the Low Countries.

Agreed.

It's kind of funny... Rommel's probably the most respected and liked German high command officer by the allies and people of today, yet the nazis hated him. Some of it probably has to do with the fact that it was thought that Rommel was pro Hitler's assassination, too.

MadHatter said:
It's kind of funny... Rommel's probably the most respected and liked German high command officer by the allies and people of today, yet the nazis hated him. Some of it probably has to do with the fact that it was thought that Rommel was pro Hitler's assassination, too.

Probably because Rommel was a german officer and soldier, not a believer of the nazi party, doing his job because his country called upon him, and not for hitler or the nazi party.

Raziaar said:
Probably because Rommel was a german officer and soldier, not a believer of the nazi party, doing his job because his country called upon him, and not for hitler or the nazi party.

yep true!

not all officals were dedicated to Hitler! some of them were Prusian aristocrats or other walthy people! Most of them did not even want to listen to Hitler!

jverne said:
yep true!

not all officals were dedicated to Hitler! some of them were Prusian aristocrats or other walthy people! Most of them did not even want to listen to Hitler!

Unfortunately many people hate germans because they were the opressors in WWII. Truth is, their government was, not them. I have the utmost respect of the average german soldier in WWII, because just like the americans, the british, the french, the austrailians, the canadians, etc etc etc... They were doing their jobs because their country called upon them, and they had to. Most of them didn't even care about or understand the political aspects of the war, and had previously led peaceful and happy lives, but were thrust into the war and had to fight to survive, both from the enemy and from their own country.

Just like the americans, etc... they had to fight alongside their country, or face harsh concequences, even possibly death if they disobeyed. And I also know that the german nazi party was very very small in comparison to the vast size of the generic german army and airforce/navy etc. Not even all the units that bore the nazi symbol were part of the nazi party, their units were just assigned the detailings.

I despise the nazi party, and Hitler and everything they stood for, but I would be a fool to disrespect and feel resentment towards the average german soldier. I mean, even our own boys(americans) that came back from the war had a sense of respect for them, because deep down, they were all just young boys and men, with fears and dreams and loved ones. They all had lives and families, and the last place they wanted to be was in the trenches or in the skies/seas fighting a country they didn't really harbor ill will towards.

Raziaar said:
Unfortunately many people hate germans because they were the opressors in WWII. Truth is, their government was, not them. I have the utmost respect of the average german soldier in WWII, because just like the americans, the british, the french, the austrailians, the canadians, etc etc etc... They were doing their jobs because their country called upon them, and they had to. Most of them didn't even care about or understand the political aspects of the war, and had previously led peaceful and happy lives, but were thrust into the war and had to fight to survive, both from the enemy and from their own country.

Just like the americans, etc... they had to fight alongside their country, or face harsh concequences, even possibly death if they disobeyed. And I also know that the german nazi party was very very small in comparison to the vast size of the generic german army and airforce/navy etc. Not even all the units that bore the nazi symbol were part of the nazi party, their units were just assigned the detailings.

I despise the nazi party, and Hitler and everything they stood for, but I would be a fool to disrespect and feel resentment towards the average german soldier. I mean, even our own boys(americans) that came back from the war had a sense of respect for them, because deep down, they were all just young boys and men, with fears and dreams and loved ones. They all had lives and families, and the last place they wanted to be was in the trenches or in the skies/seas fighting a country they didn't really harbor ill will towards.

your reading my mind Raziaar! :stare:
if you have the chanse watch "The iron cross" an older movie based on the novel! and all of you of course!

Back